PDA

View Full Version : adr nex coilovers - need help adjust stiffness

dofu
04-29-2004, 05:36 PM
anybody ever heard of adr's nex suspensions??? new to the market, they have a system for the ep now, at least a prototype, and they're not really advertised yet. the street spec sells for about 7 bills, and their race setup sells for a g or under, both fully adjustable. the street suspension rides really nice... it's smooth, with a good amount of road feel. it feels as nice as my teins.
jus one problem... i need to adjust the stiffness, but i dont wanna break anything, and the bolt isnt budging... can anyone give me some info? here's a look at the suspension: nex suspension pic 1 (http://images.andale.com/f2/130/115/12052707/1062034125532_NEX_2_005.jpg)
nex suspension pic 2 (http://images.andale.com/f2/130/115/12052707/1060710962209_NEX_2_001.jpg)
the bolt on the thread on the top is lined with plastic inside, so do i just torque it, and adjust from the top of the threads? or would torquing it adjust the stiffness already? any help would be greatly appreciated.
btw, the adr nex suspension i need to adjust is on an accord, not my ep.

VNlilMAN
04-29-2004, 05:45 PM
are they even damper adjustable?
There should be some sort of knob to adjust stiffness rather than a regular nut. Even the stock nut has a white plastic piece. not sure what the big black thing is, or maybe thats the plastic peice your refering to?

dchu
04-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Is that white lining you're referring to in between the nut and threaded part of the shaft? If so, then that's the plastic from the lock nut. It's there to keep the nut from loosening.

dofu
04-29-2004, 08:18 PM
i was told by a friend at adr that the street suspension is fully adjustable, and they couldnt help me coz they do sales and not tech. there isnt a knob of any kind... you need an allen wrench to adjust it, supossedly... the plastic lining is in between the nut and the thread. should i just grease it up and torque it???

dchu
04-29-2004, 09:00 PM
I found the site you linked the pics from and it doesn't say that the coilovers are adjustable. You sure your friend didn't mean to say that it's height adjustable and not damper adjustable? I'm assuming the coilovers came preassembled. The bolt isn't budging anymore because it is probably torqued already. All you have to do now is drop the suspension, but it looks like you're out of luck with the damper adjustability.

VNlilMAN
04-30-2004, 05:50 PM
eh thats not the nut comes.. with a plastic lining.
Yea just look at the top... how deep is it? if it uses a fairly big allen key and its shallow, its not damper adjustable.
If its fairly small but deep, it probably is damper adjustable, you just need the tool to adjust it