PDA

View Full Version : Progress front sway-everyone happy??

2fastcivic
04-30-2004, 04:51 PM
i'm thinking of getting the progress front sway for my si. i already have the ctr 22mm rear sway w/ es bushing and i'm loving it but i am not happy w/ the front stock handling. i dont auto-x or roadrace. i just want to make my car handle better for daily driving. everyone happy w/ there progress front sway?? i want the car to be neutral. oh and i thought that the front sway should be smaller or softer for the car to handle better. why is the progress front bar is 27mm or 25mm(kinda big) and is it solid or hollow b/c i know the eibach front is hollow(rite). thanks for the help.

Civicvtec1ps
04-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Progress Rear Sway bar is 22mm.
Get RSX sway bar , If you want neutral feeling.
With CTR sway bar.
I don't think it's good idea though.

Just keep nice Stock Sway bar and Buy Mugen Rear Sway bar, Which is 25mm.
That would be the best way to do it, imo.

chakra71
04-30-2004, 08:03 PM
i don't have the progress front sway, but i do have the progress rear sway bar and love it. From what i've read on here and other boards i think i'm going to leave the stock front sway bar and get the D3 double x-brace for the front. Do a search and look into it. Should tighten the front up while keeping the car pretty neutral.

2fastcivic
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
i wanted the d3 double x-brace but my car is really low and the x-brace will hang too low. so now i will get a front sway bar.

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Chuck from showstoppers told me that it really doesnt make a diff. cause i was thinking of buying it to. im probably still getting it just to have front and back sway bars

trabadoo22
04-30-2004, 10:19 PM
I think it all depends on what you want. If you want less understeer than you have now then I would agree with Civicvtec1ps and say the Mugen 25mm rear bar with the stock front would be best. Ya, you could keep the Progress rear bar and get the smaller rsx or ctr front bar, but I think by doing so it may take away from the front stiffness.

I, however decided to go with the Progress front and rear sway bars because I have to deal with snowy roads a good portion of the year and I don't need to be spinning off the road suddenly. Not that this would happen, but I just wanted to be on the safe side. Theoretically this setup should be similar to the stock front bar and the rsx rear bar, but stiffer all around.

Maybe a front strut bar would be an alternative to a front sway bar. I'm fairly new to this suspension stuff so I don't know how a strut bar would affect the car compared to a sway bar. I'm assuming it would make the front stiffer than stock, but I don't know how it would play into the understeer issue.

I guess I'm not sure by what you mean when you say you are unhappy with the front handling. Is it too soft or to stiff? Anyways, I'm pretty sure both the front and rear Progress sway bars are solid.

SiMecoming
04-30-2004, 10:26 PM
I have the front and rear progress sway bars and the front lower cross bar from Neuspeed and i love them all plus i have the neuspeed front and rear upper strut bars and the car handles soooo much better then when i first got it.

2fastcivic
05-01-2004, 11:05 AM
alot of you guys are giving me some wierd replies that doesnt even explain my topic. i already have a rear ctr sway bar, so i wont need anything in the rear. all i'm worried about is getting a front sway bar. the D3 x-brace and neuspeed x-brace is out of the question b/c it will probably hang 1in. from the ground when its installed on my car. and i am planning to get a front strut bar too. but i think that the sway bar is gonna make much more of a difference than a strut bar, so imma go w/ that first. and what do you mean the progress front sway bar doesnt make a difference EvilSlvRCiViC? its gotta make some kind of difference. oh and the front stock sway sucks. i dont like it at all. i can feel so much differnce between the front stock sway and ctr rear. so i will definitely no leave the front stock sway. thanks for the help anyways.

trabadoo22
05-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Sorry about that, I may have misunderstood what you were asking. So I guess I should ask again, what are you unhappy about with the stock front handling? It's going to matter what you want out of the car for you to be able to correct whatever is lacking. And my bad, I thought I read that you had the Progress rear bar. I agree that a front sway will most likely do more than a front strut bar, and that is why I brought it up in case you wanted to stiffen up the front and were concerned about the understeer the ep has. If you are looking more for a review about the front Progress bar there are a few people on here that have one. I would tell you, but I just ordered mine and won't be getting it installed for a couple weeks.

2fastcivic
05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
thanks for taking the time out to answer my question guys. blackdc5: you think you can get a pic of the x-brace installed on your car while your car is still on the ground. i might just be dropped about the same as you on my si. i scrape my midpipe like crazy w/ the drop i have. what i really want is to make the front handle as good as the rear of my car rite now. when i take a turn real fast, i can feel the front flexin(if you want to call it that) alot but the rear holds tight and real firm. thats how i want my front to feel. tight and firm like the rear. most reviews i read about the d3 double x-brace said that the brace made their Si feel like a go-cart when taking turns. i would like my car to feel like that too. my bro has an rsx too dropped pretty low on hayame coilovers which made the car handle excellent compared to his skunk2 coils. he put es bushings for the front and rear stock sways and he liked it alot. but when he took my car out for a spin, he loved the way the ctr sway handled. but he didnt like the stock handling of the front and i agree w/ him. any more suggestions??

ecsahs3
05-01-2004, 08:09 PM
i've heard others mention that with the progess front sway, or even the rsx, there is a crisper turn in. yeah, yeah....the larger front sway will bring the handling towards understeer, but, i think it the bigger difference you would notice would be the crisper turns, not the understeer. get it. jus do it. do it. doooo it.

VtecBio009
05-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by SiMecoming
I have the front and rear progress sway bars and the front lower cross bar from Neuspeed and i love them all plus i have the neuspeed front and rear upper strut bars and the car handles soooo much better then when i first got it.

i bet! neuspeed bars rock!

K20A3Si
05-03-2004, 08:48 AM
i have the double x-brace....it is a great addition to the suspension...i was going to get the neuspeed but i ran into the double x-brace...both do there job i am sure.