PDA

View Full Version : Color matching plastic column

Speck
04-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Never been exactly sure if it's the A pillar or what it's called. Driver's side sail panel, the grey plastic piece.

Anyhow, I just got a fiberglass triple gauge replacement for that panel, but it's black.

Anyone have an idea on how to paint or dye this to match the stock panel color?

-=speck=-

fsugatorbait
05-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Speck
Never been exactly sure if it's the A pillar or what it's called. Driver's side sail panel, the grey plastic piece.

Anyhow, I just got a fiberglass triple gauge replacement for that panel, but it's black.

Anyone have an idea on how to paint or dye this to match the stock panel color?

-=speck=-

The color is called Federal Gray. I believe its made by plasti-kote, K-series found it at a local auto store in FL, I havent been so lucky up in the NE yet though. If you can find a place online that sells it in single cans, let me know. :cool:

Speck
05-03-2004, 12:30 PM
I am going to try and find that in the local parts places. If I do happen to come across it... I will LYK!

Thanks!

-=speck=-

fsugatorbait
05-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Speck
I am going to try and find that in the local parts places. If I do happen to come across it... I will LYK!

Thanks!

-=speck=-

Thanks man.

mrpotatohead
09-05-2008, 05:10 PM
yeah i know this is an old ass post, but i'm struggling trying to match this thing up. anyone find a good color to really closely match the factory color for the pillar?