PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!?! Trouble installing springs.....

skooba
05-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Well, its nothing of importance, since we've already taken care of it, but my friend was installing some progress springs on my car tonight and the fucking axel pops out on the drivers side. Takes us like an hour to finally get that fucker back in, then we go to the passengers side trying to be more careful and BAM! that side pops out too!!!! For future reference is there some sort of precaution one can take to avoid this? We got so fed up with it that we called it a night, so now the front of my car is lowered, but the back is still stock height, lol. Gonna finish it after a good night's sleep.

chubbychu
05-01-2004, 12:22 AM
did you just let the assembly hang there? when davidt installed mine, we kept it tied in the upright position. and avoided that whole mess.

02civicSI
05-01-2004, 07:34 AM
you can use zip ties to hold it up so it doesnt happen.

i-vtec04si
05-01-2004, 10:32 AM
yo i had that same problem.... i wish i woulda known about the zip ties.... its kinda funny cuz since that happened now both my cv boots are bad. but honda is gonna put two new axles in under warrenty.;)

amctmg
05-01-2004, 10:42 AM
I just let mine hang out, you just have to position it carefully and pop it with a mallet. Its not that big of a problem.

!@#$%
05-02-2004, 01:18 AM
I just removed the 32mm nut in the center or the hub assembly. That way the front rotor falls forward and doesn't pull the axle out.

siver-SI
05-02-2004, 05:30 AM
I put a jack under the rotor and then but a bungy cord on it so it did not roll off the jack. It all most happend that is why I added the cord.

03silverEP
05-03-2004, 07:37 AM
when you're taking out both front shock/strut bolts (2 big lower ones) put your stock wheels under the brake rotor, the tires will hold the assembly and the halfshaft in