PDA

View Full Version : No EP...yet?

FattyMcJ
05-01-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi guys!

Fatty here, just wanted to say "HI" !!

This site comes highly regarded by some friends of mine, so I though I'd join and ask some questions before I purchase the EP3.

Ok...I currently have an 02 NBP EM2 EX coupe.

I race AutoX avidly and I have a pretty good suspension set-up on my EM2.

I'm contemplating trading it in for an 04 EP3 WITH the Honda Factory Performance kit installed.

1) How much do you think the car is worth? I'm talking to a couple of dealers and prices range from 19k to 22k for this car. I like the 19k price tag, but do you think I could get a better deal?

2) Would you get the H.F.P. package? Is it worth the price they charge for the kit/suspension? If not, what would you get instead for the same amount of money? Keep in mind I'm NOT looking for EXTREME here, just a simple, GOOD looking, CLASSY ride that handles like it's on rails (as much as a civic will, lol)

3) For the AutoX'ers out there...
What spring/shock set-up do you think is best? I'm thinking Koni yellow's with some lowering springs (maybe a 400lb spring rate front, 300-350lb rate rear...all figures are "ish", I haven't done much research yet)

4) With the simple I/H/E installed, are you guys happy with the gains? I know with my EM2 I/H/E doesn't yeild much...so I'm not happy. Obviously FI would be MUCH better, but that's a lil too pricey just now.

5) If you think I/H/E gives good low-end torque and good even HP gains...what brands would you reccommend? Off the top of my head, Invidia exhaust is one I've heard of.

THANKS GUYS!!! (Bear with me, I'm STRAIGHT off 7thgencivic.com here, and I know almost NOTHING about the aftermarket for the EP3's.

zeroz52
05-01-2004, 04:46 AM
I just bought an 04 without the package and I got it for $100 over invoice out the door. Invoice is $17,400. I'm not sure if that is a great price, but it is the first time I have gone in and done the dealing myself. I always took my dad along cause he is VP of Johnson's Bank and know's the in's and out's of that shit. I was talking to 2 diff. dealerships when I bought mine. I actually pick it up this morning. :D ;) :cool:

I would say the HFP package is not worth it, the body kit is nice, but I'm not into body kits. I'd rather put my money towards power and handeling. If you are going to AutoX, wouldn't you be better off getting exactly what you want. IE: Suspension Adjustability.

trk
06-25-2004, 06:41 AM
I/H/E all done will net nice gains and increase the upper rpm range ... you will probably lose a tad bit of torque but make up or it in extended reach and breathing of the high end. Dont expect more than 10whp w/ I/H/E. Motor mounts are the best mod you can do for our car. The short shifter and bushings are a close second. As for suspension, well everyone fights over that still. ;) I say mugen or TEIN. TEIN for adjustability, MUGEN for a kick ass setup with no frills.

FattyMcJ
06-25-2004, 10:58 PM
I/H/E all done will net nice gains and increase the upper rpm range ... you will probably lose a tad bit of torque but make up or it in extended reach and breathing of the high end. Dont expect more than 10whp w/ I/H/E. Motor mounts are the best mod you can do for our car. The short shifter and bushings are a close second. As for suspension, well everyone fights over that still. ;) I say mugen or TEIN. TEIN for adjustability, MUGEN for a kick ass setup with no frills.

Good info...THANKS!! :D

STP03BlueSI
06-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the Site!

FattyMcJ
06-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the Site!

THANKS!!! :)

CaTiRo
07-03-2004, 08:07 PM
welcome to the board and to answer your question i would suggest maybe looking for a used 02+ si. you will save alot of money and with those savings you can put it towards your suspension and performance parts. check out sites like autotrader.com for vehicles in your area.

FattyMcJ
07-03-2004, 11:12 PM
welcome to the board and to answer your question i would suggest maybe looking for a used 02+ si. you will save alot of money and with those savings you can put it towards your suspension and performance parts. check out sites like autotrader.com for vehicles in your area.

HAHA...thanks man...but I've already purchased my 2004 EP3. White, 5-lug, HFP kit, etc.

BUT THANKS!! :D