PDA

View Full Version : tie rod end

JaYdEeEm
10-15-2002, 08:09 PM
i messed up the tie rod linkage that is with the ball...you think honda has them in stock?? cause i need to get a new one..right now..the bolt is sitting on the bottomw and a nail is sitting in the hole so it won't fall apart....

02SilverSiHB
10-16-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by JaYdEeEm
...you think honda has them in stock?? cause i need to get a new one..right now..the bolt is sitting on the bottomw and a nail is sitting in the hole so it won't fall apart....
We don't work there :D go now

DynaSpeed
10-16-2002, 06:14 AM
Are you seriously driving your car around with a nail through your tie-rod linkage? :) ... awesome.

I have a feeling that this went FUBAR while installing your GC's... just a hunch.

JaYdEeEm
10-16-2002, 04:26 PM
yes it did...so i went to honda today...gonna get the tie rod end on monday....so gotta put that in asap...can't drive the car around...well im returning the GC's and get the neuspeed race springs instead...save some money yha know??

fishboy
10-16-2002, 04:31 PM
haha. that happened to me too. i drove without the bolt on to a shop and they finished the lowering job and fixed the threads that i damaged and warped from a good beating with a hammer.:D

but yeah i don't mean to laugh at your misfortune. dynaspeed's comment just made me laugh.

JaYdEeEm
10-16-2002, 06:46 PM
Fishboy, what did you do??? did you mushroom the threads too? or did you do something else?? cause i can't seem to get it fixed...you think it would be ok if i drove the car around..but not to far...???

DynaSpeed
10-17-2002, 01:40 PM
check this out for you guys that messed up your tie-rod ends :)

Tie-rod ends.... cheap (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1869450463)

fishboy
10-17-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by JaYdEeEm
Fishboy, what did you do??? did you mushroom the threads too? or did you do something else?? cause i can't seem to get it fixed...you think it would be ok if i drove the car around..but not to far...???

yup i mushroomed it, fucked up the threads, tried rethreading it, even used a dremel to make new threads, and after that failed we tried to cut it to about the hole. haha we tried it all for hours. then we gave up and i drove it to a shop the next morning. i felt it was kinda safe because i figured if i couldn't get that thing out with a hammer then it wouldn't just pop out while i drove. i still drove very carefully though.

JaYdEeEm
10-17-2002, 05:36 PM
so how did they fix it??? since you did the same thing as me

ep3
11-23-2002, 07:50 PM
how did they fix it??