PDA

View Full Version : I need help

OrientExpress3
10-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Whenever it rains or it's relatively wet outside, sometimes the car starts shaking real bad like one of the tires are loose, then the exhaust feels like its shaking violently and it gets real loud. I've gotten out and made sure that all the lugs are tight and they are. Has anybody else had the same problems, or can anybody give me an explanation of what this might be?

2k2civicSi
10-15-2002, 08:32 PM
i have no idea but do you have hub balance rings on your rims cuz mine shook untill i got a set my rims didnt come with them for some reason

Pradamuimui
10-15-2002, 11:00 PM
If you dont have hub balance weights on ur wheels then that could be a possible reason why ur ride would be ruff...but it would be all of the time, not just when it was raining. SOOOO...I would say that you need to go to Honda and ask them.

LordKoo
10-16-2002, 07:46 AM
The car is rough not moving or moving? If it is rough while moving, double check your wheel mounting. You should always finger tight your wheel lug nuts before tighten it with a wrench.

BTW, I read your signature you have AEM CAI, could that be the problem too?

OrientExpress3
10-16-2002, 07:11 PM
it only happens when i am moving, and if it was the intake wouldn't the car shut off because of water in the engine. I took the wheels off and put them both back on. Honestly don't think it's the wheels, I think that it has something to do with the exhaust cause it starts to get really loud when this is happening.

MINIVANKILLER
10-16-2002, 07:46 PM
It sounds like the intake is getting moisture in it.... A guy cam to my shop and had flooded his 97 integra gsr (jackson racing sec), because he had a cai. I hope this is not a small part of your problem...Does it happen when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping out side, or only when it is raining? Can we say bypass valve...or short ram...or pvc pipe...or a thong (Oppps where did that come from)...:eek: