PDA

View Full Version : Ep3 + K20a2 + Jrsc

jimmyjames
05-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Right off the start, let me say I do not have this set up so I am sorry if you thought this was going to be a way cool thread and now you are disappointed.

I need advice/expertise from other members.

Continuing a little off a previous thread (my rant/praise for the ep)
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35976

I am planning for the long term and want to make sure things will be compatible. So here is the question.

If I get a Jackson Racing supercharger for my K20A3 and then later get a K20A2 put in, will the supercharger fit the new engine? The RSX-S SC will be too big for the engine bay and I am not sure if the SI/A3 SC will fit the bolt pattern on the RSX-S/A2 engine.

Also, will there be any hondata incompatibilities? --- there is a reflash for A2+RSX-S JRSC race ver. and there should be a reflash for the A3+SI JRSC race ver. (when it eventually comes out.) so what about A2+SI JRSC race ver? Is the si and rsx-s superchargesrs that different in output/performance that there would be a problem?

If this is outlined in another thread, please direct me to it so I can continue my research. I am aware that this would probably be a good reason to go turbo instead of SC but it is just a gut instinct right now to go JRSC. Any help would be grand. :smilem:

dj addicted
05-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Im not sure personally... but you could always give Jackson Racing a call

888-888-4079

They should be able to tell you right away exactly what you would need.

jimmyjames
05-14-2004, 03:50 PM
So I finally called Jackson Racing and talked to "Chris" (?)
He claims that the civic si supercharger application would NOT fit onto the K20A2 engine. He said that they are totally different and basically if I were to swap the engine, I would have to say goodbye to the JRSC. So now I wonder....
If I am set on an engine swap in the future, do I go for a turbo now that will ultimately be put onto the K20A2? or do I get the JRSC race version and sell it used when I swap?

Any thoughts? I am looking for long term answers here. I know I could swap it, turbo it, then rip the sht out of it on the street tomorrow if I wanted but then I would be getting rid of a perfectly good A3 that no one would want to buy off me.

On a side note, I did ask about the release of the race version and he said he was not sure of a release date but it is definately coming and will have the same package (w/ k-pro reflash...) as the RSX-S

EtherGhost
05-14-2004, 08:35 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't physically fit on the intake port of the head, since it is sized larger to fit the CTR engine.. However, there might be a problem with the fitment of the pulleys, etc, due to the power steering pump and such on the A2. I bet that you could make it work.

Ep3 No.2
05-14-2004, 10:01 PM
instead of a whole motor swap, would it still fit with jus a a2 head swap ?

jimmyjames
05-15-2004, 05:52 AM
good question, I have a feeling it would fit. I think it would even fit onto the A2 swap.
I wonder about differences with the electronics though now. With a head swap, don't you change out the ecu also? I wonder about the compatabilities with the si SC powercard with an RSX ecu. Does the K-pro override powercard function or is it still necessary to be there to make the JRSC function correctly?

anjapower
05-15-2004, 08:27 AM
I don't know if that JR rep knows what he's talking about. There might be a difference in output/peformance of the two blowers, BUT...the blower should bolt up to the K20a2 just fine. And also, I don't think any internals of the blower had to be changed to fit the A3, so output should not be affected.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that only the housing of the blower had to be changed to clear the radiator and whatnot in the EP3. The a3 and a2 motors are the exact same in external dimensions as far as I know and either manifold should bolt up to either motor.

trk
05-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Seeing as how our intake manifold is the EXACT some one as the rsx-s and NOT the same as the base rsx ... I would say it fits.

jimmyjames
05-17-2004, 04:25 PM
I finally found some info on this on k-series.com

Look at the A2 (left). see the big pulley on top? that is the power steering (there is electronic PS on the A3) and that is why the JRSC for the ep will not fit an A2 swapped ep3. (if pic does not work, right click on little box)

It appears that a head swap is the most one could do and still have a JRSC on an ep3.
The bolt pattern is the same though

This bitch is put to rest for now. Please let me know if anyone ever thinks of a way to relocate the power steering pulley.

http://www.ohiohondas.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=2941

jimmyjames
05-17-2004, 04:32 PM
:mad: why that didn't work is beyond me.
I'll try the source picture from sportcompactcarweb.com

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0212scc_civichybrid04_zoom.jpg

Looks like I am going to go for a head swap down the road and try the JRSC with that.

myeverlovinsir
05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
instead of a whole motor swap, would it still fit with jus a a2 head swap ?

The A2 SC manifold is slightly longer and will not fit inside the A3 engine area, much more limited space than the A2 setup. The A2 and A3 chargers are both the same roots blower, intake ports are identical, only the mainifolds differ. I got the Si charger, however I will drive it with the A2 flashes for both the std. and race pulleys with the race header flashes provided by hondata on the k-pro.