PDA

View Full Version : Cat Back Exhaust

joecivc02
10-15-2002, 11:21 PM
what i meant to say is a cat back exhaust for the U.S. version SI. Are there any out for our car besides comptech

K20ACTR
10-15-2002, 11:32 PM
Apex-i is coming out with there exhaust very soon. They tested it on a new Si in the power pages of this months Import Tuner. It only netted 2 hp an 1.5 ft/lb tq but they also said that our exhaust was already pretty well made so the exhaust would be the hardest part to improve on. Greddy is coming out with the EVO pretty soon as well. Personally I would go with Apex-i, not a big Greddy fan but thats just my 2 cents. I don't believe Tanabe is coming out with an exhaust for our cars but i'm not sure. I'm hopin that Skunk2 will release their exhaust in the near future.

fASTBACK
10-16-2002, 07:05 AM
And dont forget about DC Sports. They have a prototype out already. Its waiting for a release date. It's a twin canister exhaust system. It looks damn sweet!!! I don't know about the power gain though but i'll get the one from Apex.

Gasp23
10-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Does anybody know when Mugen will come out with it?

It's my favorite one, I can't wait until I get it.

Peace

todaCspec
10-16-2002, 10:50 AM
SPOON has a rear axle bolt on that's available now.

IceD out N CALI
10-16-2002, 11:08 AM
how much toda?

Gasp23
10-16-2002, 11:12 AM
How much and where can one buy one?

K20ACTR
10-16-2002, 01:04 PM
You can buy the Spoon axle back from any Spoon dealer. AJ-RACING.COM, RANDDMOTORSPORTS.COM, FIZZAUTOSPORTS.COM. All of them sell the axle back.

yomamaInMySi
10-16-2002, 02:00 PM
it will cost you an arm and a leg.:eek:

black sheep
10-21-2002, 03:46 AM
Apex-i is coming out with there exhaust very soon. They tested it on a new Si in the power pages of this months Import Tuner. It only netted 2 hp an 1.5 ft/lb tq but they also said that our exhaust was already pretty well made so the exhaust would be the hardest part to improve on. Greddy is coming out with the EVO pretty soon as well. Personally I would go with Apex-i, not a big Greddy fan but thats just my 2 cents. I don't believe Tanabe is coming out with an exhaust for our cars but i'm not sure. I'm hopin that Skunk2 will release their exhaust in the near future.

Tanabe will be releasing an exhaust for the U.S. EP's in the near future. Inline Four in Westminster gave me a call yesterday telling me that Tanabe was in town and needed an EP to test fitment of their exhaust for the CTR. They brought down two models, the Racing Medalion and the Hyper Medalion. Both exhausts fit perfectly. They also test fitted their springs on the car that lowered the car as much as my ground control coilovers adjusted almost all the way down. It was a pretty cool experience, got to meet engineers from Tanabe and a couple of old Signal Mechanics. And the best part about the deal...Tanabe let me keep the full stainless catback system of my choice. I'll be posting pics soon.

02blksi
10-22-2002, 04:23 PM
black sheep! GREAT JOB! way to help out getting some parts for our EP's YES please post those pics asap. --joe :)