PDA

View Full Version : Front strut bar doesn't fit and back strut bar does

atl-si
10-16-2002, 08:02 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I got them both in yesterday. The back fits on good but the front doesn't fit. Before I purchased the front strut bar I emailed the vendor and asked if it would fit. They said yes and I bought it. This sucks since they said it would fit. BTW, I have the email from them that said it would fit. I'm gonna let them know about this.

If you all want to know who it is, it is a 01-02 HONDA CIVIC FRONT TYPE-R STRUT BAR from racesonic.

click here to view (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1866291914&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1)

02SilverSiHB
10-16-2002, 08:31 AM
I posted that I had asked them and they said no. Did you specify 2002+ Civic Si Hatchback when you asked?

K20ACTR
10-16-2002, 08:47 AM
Not to be a dick but thats what you get for buying knock off parts.

atl-si
10-16-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by K20ACTR
Not to be a dick but thats what you get for buying knock off parts.

No, your not a dick.... I guess this what I get for what I paid. Anyways, this is the email I send them and their reply.

link to email (http://prod.bsis.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/72/72959/folders/38454/232394email.jpg)

I guess they must be blind or on something cause my email says
"Does this fit the 02 Civic SI?". Is that not plain enough?

ssvr6
10-16-2002, 09:08 AM
That and the description of it fitting an '01 should have led you on.

I think you're screwed.

TERMS:
1) All sales are final sold "AS IS". No refunds.
2) We do not accept returns under any circumstances.
3) Bidder assumes all risk of liability with respect to the purchase of the product.
4) Please make sure you agree with all these terms and conditions before purchasing of the product.

Steve

ssvr6
10-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by atl-si

No, your not a dick.... I guess this what I get for what I paid. Anyways, this is the email I send them and their reply.

link to email (http://prod.bsis.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/72/72959/folders/38454/232394email.jpg)

Although, they did mislead you. They should take it back or send you the correct one (if they have one).

Steve

atl-si
10-16-2002, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I just saw what you wrote in the terms part.

Those guys lied to me cause I wrote to them before I bought it.

K20ACTR
10-16-2002, 09:22 AM
What a bitch! I would be pissed, well at least you didn't pay too muh for it. This is another reason why I never buy off of Ebay.

fishboy
10-16-2002, 09:59 AM
did you ask us in ephatch before you got it? i could have told you not to trust it because of the wording. i get alot of stuff from ebay and i try to read everything. it should have said "2002 civic si." and you should have really specified the "new hatchback with the shifter on the dash." that is what i make sure to all the shops i call looking for parts. hey why don't you just put it up on ebay.

atl-si
10-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I should really blame myself for this. I should of asked you guys here at www.ephatch.com for suggestions first. But I still asked them... maybe I should use that excuse anymore. I guess I was the idot.

Well, they still haven't answered me yet so should I post a negative feedback on eBay or what? Luckily this was only $19.99. But that is still alot for me (one weeks lunch of fastfood).

02SilverSiHB
10-16-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by atl-si

they probably thought you were talking about a 02 Si in Canada. When I emailed them I said: 2002 Civic Si Hatchback. They told me it wouldn't fit. you're screwed sorry man. Just sell it back on ebay, or make it fit :D

atl-si
10-16-2002, 10:40 AM
The brake fluid resevoir is in the way and it don't look like I got room to move it since there are two hoses that connect to it. I think it is the brake fluid resevoir.