PDA

View Full Version : n2o on Ep

DynaSpeed
10-16-2002, 08:48 AM
Why can't I use another brand other than Nitrous Express? As in, what does Nitrous Express have for their system that other nitrous systems don't have that won't hook up to a non-return line car?

Also, what about using direct port on the Ep? Wouldn't that be the "optimal" way to inject the vehicle?

ssvr6
10-16-2002, 09:34 AM
You can use ANY wet shot, it doesn't need to be NX. NX just seems to be the best right now in terms of import attention. NOS has a comprable kit.

Direct port would be great but it starts at a higher shot. (75+ if memory serves) It's a better and stronger shot. Pretty easy to tune IMO.

Steve

DynaSpeed
10-16-2002, 09:40 AM
60 from NX direct port.

fishboy
10-16-2002, 09:48 AM
yeah if i go nos i will get a direct-port kit. looks cooler under the hood and you can control how much of the shot goes into each cylinder. if you use a single fogger jetted for say a 50 shot. most of the nitrous will go into the number 2 and 3 cylinder and some will go into the 1 and 4. so it is like the middle cylinders getting a 40 shot and the 2 outside ones and getting 10. i don't know if this is fact because some say this happens and some say this doesn't. anyways i will go direct port because i will feel that it would solve this problem.

hopefully by the time i get the kit miami will have gone direct port and tuned it so he can give us the jetting.:D

ssvr6
10-16-2002, 11:10 AM
lol!

Agreed!

Steve

miamijdm
10-16-2002, 11:42 AM
smallest shot on an NX kit is 100... not 60....... direct port that is..

ssvr6
10-16-2002, 11:53 AM
Not true.

Part#: 80004EFI
4CYL GASOINE EFI DIRECT-PORT(50-75-100-150-200HP)

Retail Price: $923.00 (dealer price not shown here)

Type: PIRANHA NOZZLES

Steve

fishboy
10-16-2002, 11:54 AM
hey miami, are you still doing a 100 shot? since you already have the direct-port kit do you have plans to do the 100 or more with a direct-port setup or are you just gonna stick with the single fogger? and if you are direct-port already was the install easy? sorry for all the ques.

miamijdm
10-16-2002, 12:04 PM
as of right now im sticking to the single fogger with the 100 shot.. I've been a little busy getting plans together for a project that we are building.. As soon as I have some time, Im going to do the fuel system and see if I can make more power with the nitrous.. I'll keep you posted.. About the direct port, when I bought my kit, it was a direct port kit, I called Nx and they told me that the jetting for under 100 was not safe because the jets are too small and can get clogged very easily.. Thats why I steered away from it. If i would have known that I would have already been at a 100 shot back then, I would have installed the direct port.. take care

DynaSpeed
10-16-2002, 12:52 PM
Ahhh.. so it seems that they sell jetting for 50 (I saw 60... but whichever) on direct-port, but say that it is unsafe because of clogging. And I'm assuming that nobody here has used small shot (under 100) on direct-port, so it is only speculation on the manufacturer.

Interesting...

DynaSpeed
10-16-2002, 12:59 PM
just spoke to NX.

They say that the problem is with the pressure off the stock fuel pump, and can be rectified easily:

Tee off of the main fuel line into an EFI FPR at 10psi and your all set.

Also, one more question... If any of you have seen that .mpeg of the focus inferno - what would incur that to happen?

fishboy
10-16-2002, 01:47 PM
i'm not sure if it was the nitrous that did that. could have been something else, then the fire ate through one of the lines that caused all the nitrous to shoot out.

miamijdm
10-16-2002, 02:16 PM
it is very possible that the focus fire was due to nitrous.. Solenoids are notorious for going bad, at least nos ones... if the intake backfires and the fuel solenoid for any reason stays open, I see it very easily starting up a fire.. This is not the first time that has happened...

ssvr6
10-16-2002, 04:38 PM
Agreed. Solenoid failure on a wet shot could definitely cause a fire under the hood.

Steve

02blksi
10-16-2002, 04:57 PM
solenoid failure, popped fuel line, leaky injector (seals), nitrous backfire, all can be contributors/if not the cause of a fire. It really sucks when it happens, i myself can vouch for a nitrous backfire, it happend to me the very first time i squeezed on my SOHC D16y8 hahhah talk about a confidence killer, needless to say that didnt stop my pursuit for power !!!! MU HAHAHA UGgg UGggghhh -tim allen--joe :)

TrippZ
10-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
solenoid failure, popped fuel line, leaky injector (seals), nitrous backfire, all can be contributors/if not the cause of a fire. It really sucks when it happens, i myself can vouch for a nitrous backfire, it happend to me the very first time i squeezed on my SOHC D16y8 hahhah talk about a confidence killer, needless to say that didnt stop my pursuit for power !!!! MU HAHAHA UGgg UGggghhh -tim allen--joe :)

roflmao