PDA

View Full Version : installing the k20a

whitecivicsi02
05-02-2004, 03:47 PM
well i bought a k20 for my 02 si and i'm excited. the only thing is
i'm looking on the web how to install it. i search k-series and ep hatch but nothing. i know i have to modify the shifter to use the 6 gear and reverse. but what else how about the electric power steering i thought it was only in the civic. also i read about the k20a is it only in the itr or also in the ctr. if it in both what is the differnce and does the ctr has eps. please help i want it in by next week i can't wait.

mugen_ep3
05-13-2004, 09:59 PM
the installation should be pretty straight forward everything plug and play i would imagine. only the civics have electric power steering. the integras k20a have hydraulic power steering. our motor has an engine idler in the place of the hydraulic power steering. just swap the idler over to the k20a

htech
05-14-2004, 05:20 AM
no offence bro but a swap like that should be done by a shop let some-one else worry about all that u are going to pay a little more but the gob would be done faster an by some one who knows ther stuff.o by the way hassports did a swap like that awhile back and it work great congrats on the engine.

Si3
05-14-2004, 05:38 AM
Cant wait to see dyno numbers- have any other plans for the motor?

Good luck with the swap, and if you dont know what your doing, i also would strongly suggest you bring it to a shop!

-Aj-

Makross
05-14-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by htech
no offence bro but a swap like that should be done by a shop let some-one else worry about all that u are going to pay a little more but the gob would be done faster an by some one who knows ther stuff.o by the way hassports did a swap like that awhile back and it work great congrats on the engine.

doing it yourself will only make you more acknowledgable about the swap

I would do it myself if i had a chance...

STP03BlueSI
05-14-2004, 07:11 AM
mmmmmmm k20a:D

Hatch, Si Hatch
05-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Makross
doing it yourself will only make you more acknowledgable about the swap

Heheh...you drunk? I think you meant "knowledgable."

whitecivicsi02
05-15-2004, 09:12 PM
my friend is a mechanic and we are going to put it together it going in next week can't wait all stock no other mods except for a 2 1/4 mid pipe thats it take it to the track and see some # and work from that about turbo na tooooo much compression maybe NOS i mean zex nitrous it better and some hondata k pro when i have money :cool:. i use the stock type r ecu for now. :'(

whitecivicsi02
05-15-2004, 09:14 PM
INTER MILAN the best team in europe real madrid SUCKS.

forza milano :cool: sono italiano

rtenyes
05-16-2004, 05:52 PM
http://www.k20a.org
you can post q's.
btw i @#&^^%**^(*# hate you
happy nice day and can i have your car if you die?

siver-SI
05-16-2004, 06:42 PM
I think I have read it is all plug and play except in the TB. I think the wiring is a little diffrent for the A TB so the SI plug will not work.

mdoyle
05-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by htech
Please. Honda swaps are a walk in the park (as long as you aren't doing something like an NSX engine in a CRX).

I would do it myself. Should only take 1-2 days as long as you don't break anything.

DTR
05-17-2004, 08:50 AM
how much did it run you? and whered you land it from? also picks of ur install would be nice.