PDA

View Full Version : to much time with the EP?

siver-SI
05-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Just wondering is there a way to spend too much time with are EP? Since are first warm weekend in early March I have spent every weekend doing something with my EP by going to meets, moding, or just taking an hour or two to wash it. I have never had a car that I have done this with.

I am just wondering how much time do you spend with your EP?

i-vtec04si
05-02-2004, 05:57 PM
almost too much time with mine i live 32 miles from work so... i drive alot on top of that. had it bout a month and a half and got 3600 miles

ep3hatchattack
05-02-2004, 06:00 PM
I washed it today, and i always feel like its a brand new car when its clean, and i realize how much i love it.

k20hatch
05-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Way to much time...its gonna be gone for about a week so i have to spend as much time as i can with her! :D

Ep3 No.2
05-02-2004, 08:07 PM
i drive my baby every day atleast 50 miles total. and after that i jus find something to do with it to mess around.

HondaMan
05-02-2004, 08:29 PM
As often as I can, which hasn't been much lately...no time & money. In turn my ride needs a serious detailing ASAP! :eek:

esmith13
05-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Lets just say my wife thinks i'm cheating on her with my car... and leave it at that...

Eric

02SiFoLife
05-02-2004, 11:28 PM
I think about my car all the time, when I'm chillin,workin snd sleepin. 24-7 EP. I love my car.:D

CaptainMurphy
05-03-2004, 02:51 AM
I used to wash it every week back when it was brand new, but now that I have some dings and scratches(not all my fault), I find I'm washing it less and less. But I must say nothing feels better than spending a few hours washing/claybaring/waxing the EP.
I have a feeling once I get enough money to start modding it'll only get worse.

EvilSlvRCiViC
05-03-2004, 09:45 AM
this is the first car i actually take time out to clean, just like ep3hatchattack says its like a new car when its cleaned. the car is just damn sexy when its all shiny!! i just need a srub brish for the wheels - damn brake dust:mad:

kidXStreme
05-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by CaptainMurphy
I find I'm washing it less and less. But I must say nothing feels better than spending a few hours washing/claybaring/waxing the EP.
^^^same here

p.s-
i dont spend to much time with my ep anymore...,but atleast i try doing something to it every month.

EtherGhost
05-21-2004, 11:21 PM
It's a car why waist my time on it!!!

:rolleyes:

STP03BlueSI
05-22-2004, 05:56 AM
I love my EP!!!!

Wash and wax(or atleast try to wax it) every sunday. Put about 1 mod on a month. Do meets like every 3 weeks. And well... I drive my car about 300 miles a week.:D

iVtec si
05-22-2004, 07:06 AM
My girl thinks I spend way too much time with my car! But she does know I love her more. I like to relax and chill by spending time detailing my ride or instaling new parts.

peace

mdoyle
05-22-2004, 07:44 AM
I drive mine 60 miles a day 5 days a week plus weekends. I still spend more time with my Prelude though. Love both of them.

seattlecivic
05-22-2004, 10:28 AM
I live out of my EP :-(

Just kidding!! LoL I really havn't paid much attention to it. I spend all my time and love on this site! Don't you guys love EPhatch.com!?!?!? *Group Hug* :-)

freidaddy
05-22-2004, 08:25 PM
I wish I could spend some time with my car, but it's in the repair shop.:'(

evilep3
05-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by iVtec si
My girl thinks I spend way too much time with my car! But she does know I love her more. I like to relax and chill by spending time detailing my ride or instaling new parts.

peace my girl just laughs at me and says that i think more about the car than i think about her. NOT TRUE, however i did almost passout when i saw the passanger side after my wreck. my gf help me get over the pain! ;)

k20hatch
05-23-2004, 07:08 PM
my girl just laughs at me and says that i think more about the car than i think about her

I actually had my girlfriend wanting to help me clean my car today! I let her spray it off and rub a little sizope on me. Then we cleaned the car! But ya shes starting to spark an interest now in my car and I LIKE IT!

tbone_ep3
05-24-2004, 04:39 AM
Me and the EP are always together. I even work a second job so I can buy her that turbo she's always wanted. She deserves it.:D

El Mocha King
05-24-2004, 07:49 AM
I work about 5 miles from work (really small town) but I live about 30 miles from Lake Tahoe. So everyweekend I wash her, then drive to Tahoe or beyond. My car just had its one month anniversary and it already has 2879. But with gas at 2.35 a gallon (for the cheap shit!!!!) i have been driving a little less. A little...

GatorBait.
05-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Don't drive an EP, but I still love my car anyway and spend as much time possible. Just wish mods were cheaper :(

STP03BlueSI
05-24-2004, 09:45 AM
I think i spend more time with my car than my new gf.:confused:

66elwood99
05-25-2004, 10:07 AM
I had to cut back my time with the EP when I couldn't remember my daughter's name :o I drive at least 100 miles a day to get to work and back home.

P.S :am I the only one with a Matchbox Ep sittin on their computer at work?

dj addicted
05-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Im completely convinced that my ep runs better when she is clean... its like they know that they are clean and they are looking good..

andy
05-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
Im completely convinced that my ep runs better when she is clean... its like they know that they are clean and they are looking good..

Meanwhile, I try to be the ying to dj addicted's yang and keep my ep as dirty as possible for the most part. ;)
At least I went to the car wash place last night for about 15mins...

03CivicSi
05-27-2004, 12:59 PM
You got your whole life to live man. Live it up to the fullest any way you'd like. I say if it's fun for you do it. I know I'm gonna spend a lot of time when I get my car. Just.. if you believe in heaven or hell like I do, just don't do anything you'd regret when it comes to you having fun.

So I say spend all the damn time you'd like. :) ;)

blacksihatch
05-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Had my car for a little over a year adn drove it from Oregon to Newport Beach cali, to Vancouver BC three times and tomorrow driving it to Vegas. I really need to stop farting in car or buy an air freshener.

dofu
05-27-2004, 07:42 PM
i would like to be able to spend less time working on my car, but i always end up wrenchin... adding a new toy, adding some new mod, retorquing bolts, adjusting this or that, changing bulbs or fuses, etc... this car falls apart faster than i have time to fix it :( :p ;) :D
i still gotta find time to pick up a new fuse for my box...

Zero Three Si
06-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Man, I'm starting to realize this modding cars is cool and all. To me though....it's starting to be a waste of money. It's a car...it will depreicate in value.

I'm more worried about socking money away in my IRA, fixing up my house and going out.

I'll slap some 700 dollar rims on it and call it a day. When I pay the car off in 3 years this will be my last car for a while. I don't want another damn car payment.

When the engine dies...I'll buy another engine....other than that...no more new cars for me.

Me ep3
06-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Amen to that Zero.;)