PDA

View Full Version : Retorquing the front end

sonic imperial
05-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Has anyone had this done by your honda dealer? I'm thinking about asking them to do this next time I go in for service because the front-end sounds like it's falling apart. What's weird is that when you ride with 4 people in the car it's as quiet as can be. Seems like the added weight seats everything down and keeps it from rattling and knocking around. I was wondering how much it would cost and if it has made a difference for anyone.

IIx 03 EP xII
05-03-2004, 07:10 AM
i didnt get my suspension retorqued completely. but i did have that same sound as if everything were falling apart. i have koni inserts and H&R springs... and the problem that i had was the bolts that go in the bottom of the inserts through the strut housing had fallen out or loosened. so that made everything clunk around. i had those tightened and replaced and also put some loc-tite on them. it is pretty quiet now, but i get a creaking noise now. do a search and you will find alot of stuff about our strange noises.

sonic imperial
05-03-2004, 08:15 AM
since my suspension is factory, do you think it's possible those bolts have loosened up from the manufacturer?

K20A3Si
05-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
i didnt get my suspension retorqued completely. but i did have that same sound as if everything were falling apart. i have koni inserts and H&R springs... and the problem that i had was the bolts that go in the bottom of the inserts through the strut housing had fallen out or loosened. so that made everything clunk around. i had those tightened and replaced and also put some loc-tite on them. it is pretty quiet now, but i get a creaking noise now. do a search and you will find alot of stuff about our strange noises. it is a good idea to get everything checked out..it can't hurt...i did and some of my noises went away..but you will always have some odd noises when having a lowered car...but i would have everything checked out.

foilpan
05-03-2004, 02:06 PM
it feels like my whole front end is going to fall off. would the dealership retorque everything under warranty (even if i'm lowered on progress springs)?

i hope to get the mugen suspension shipped from king today and will be able to replace the torn passenger side tirerod end boot in the process.

the last time i looked, it seemed there was a bit of space between the bolts and the ends of the front swaybar. are they supposed to have a gap? i don't have a pic of the gap right now. i'm just trying to narrow down the source of all the rattling i get.

the loose feeling and rattling are driving me crazy!

:(

K20A3Si
05-03-2004, 02:20 PM
well for the "will they cover it under warranty?"...i really dont know how your honda dealer is...and just have everything re-torqued and then see if there are anymore noises.

@doval
05-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Yes my EP stock front end was loose too and was making thats strange noise and after re-torque no noise has been felt

Armand ;)