PDA

View Full Version : fsugatorbait 02 si

fsugatorbait
05-03-2004, 07:03 AM
May 2, 2004 - 73.9 degrees, 29.63 barometric pressure.

Mods:
AEM CAI
Comptech Header
Megan Test Pipe
Greddy Evo
Hondata flash

Got 4 pulls, unfortunately only got printouts so I cant post graphs, here's the results...

1st pull 3rd gear: 156 hp 132 tq A/C on 3:26 pm
2nd pull 3rd gear: 158 hp 132 tq 3:28 pm
3rd pull 4th gear: 152 hp 132 tq 3:31 pm
4th pull 3rd gear: 157 hp 131 tq 3:32 pm

Very pleased with the #'s and had my tail sniffed too to check how well hondata did with the A/F ratio. Found I was running pretty lean; at 4250 rpms I was at 15.4 and at 5750 rpms it spiked up to 14.7, but after 7k rpms it dropped down into the low 13's to mid 12's. Also found out that my rev limiter is 7900 rpms, instead of what they claim at 7700.

Si3
05-03-2004, 07:10 AM
Numbers are good, but what i find EXTREMELY impressive is the fact that you were able travel back in time and give us your numbers 2 days before you even ran!!! WOW!!

;)

-aj-

fsugatorbait
05-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Si3
Numbers are good, but what i find EXTREMELY impressive is the fact that you were able travel back in time and give us your numbers 2 days before you even ran!!! WOW!!

;)

-aj-

Whoops :p

civic si hb
05-03-2004, 07:56 AM
very nice numbers what rpm did you make your peak hp at, thanks:D

oogy-boogy
05-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Nice runs Phil.

Where'd you go and how much was it?

fsugatorbait
05-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by civic si hb
very nice numbers what rpm did you make your peak hp at, thanks:D

fsugatorbait
05-03-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Nice runs Phil.

Where'd you go and how much was it?

Bristol Dyno, they're about 10 min from my place. His usual pricing is $75 for the 1st time you go, $65 for the 2nd and $50 anytime after. They were being sponsored all day yesterday by a WRX board so I paid $50 for the 4 runs. He said if we come down in a group of 3 or more all runs would be $50. He's a real nice guy, been in business for about a year, just a small building with a dyno in it. A few of the guys on my team are gonna be going back in two weeks if you want to come down and join in for $50. :cool:

anjapower
05-03-2004, 08:40 AM
nice numbers phil. I would've called you to go with us, but it was a last minute decision with limited # of spots...besides it would've probably been a hike for you.

Looking forward to something in the mid/hi 180s from you in a few weeks;) I will be there in due time:D

oogy-boogy
05-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Bristol Dyno, they're about 10 min from my place. His usual pricing is $75 for the 1st time you go, $65 for the 2nd and $50 anytime after. They were being sponsored all day yesterday by a WRX board so I paid $50 for the 4 runs. He said if we come down in a group of 3 or more all runs would be $50. He's a real nice guy, been in business for about a year, just a small building with a dyno in it. A few of the guys on my team are gonna be going back in two weeks if you want to come down and join in for $50. :cool:

Nice....Let me know when you have a def date.

I'm down. Thanks for the invite. :cool:

Nice to know that there are some local EP'ers that look out for the rest of the fam.....unlike some others....hahahaha :p

fsugatorbait
05-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by anjapower
nice numbers phil. I would've called you to go with us, but it was a last minute decision with limited # of spots...besides it would've probably been a hike for you.

Looking forward to something in the mid/hi 180s from you in a few weeks;) I will be there in due time:D

No problem, its all good, if your able to in a couple weeks when we go back, you should try and come down to dyno with us. I wanna see how are setups compare. How much did they charge you yesterday?

fsugatorbait
05-03-2004, 08:54 AM

Nice to know that there are some local EP'ers that look out for the rest of the fam.....unlike some others....hahahaha :p

I know what you mean. :o

anjapower
05-03-2004, 08:54 AM

Hey buddy, I WAS lookin out for you. You need to break in your motor and keep her away from the rev-limiter. Full throttle runs to revlimiter shouldn't start happenin so soon!;) :p :D :p :p

oogy-boogy
05-03-2004, 08:57 AM
Hey buddy, I WAS lookin out for you. You need to break in your motor and keep her away from the rev-limiter. Full throttle runs to revlimiter shouldn't start happenin so soon!;) :p :D :p :p

lol....:*

600+ miles is already broken in enough for me......:D

anjapower
05-03-2004, 08:57 AM
No problem, its all good, if your able to in a couple weeks when we go back, you should try and come down to dyno with us. I wanna see how are setups compare. How much did they charge you yesterday?

I think I'm gonna be content with my numbers till I get another (big) mod. I've now baselined twice. The dyno that I went to was 50 bucks for an hour w/ A/F ratio. This is the price if you have 2+ cars dynoing.

Since I was only baselining, I did 6 pulls...the car was starting to heat up so I just stopped. But I could've done probably 25-30 runs lol.

Gearhead Geek
05-03-2004, 03:12 PM
nice numbers Phil. another few weeks and you'll be up near mine ;)

fsugatorbait
05-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Ran the new setup with DC RH and Fujitsubo RM-01A exhaust and got some pretty decent #'s. Topped out at 165.6 whp and 137.69 tq. Here's the graph and then the previous setup vs the new...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA0MjQzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA0MjI5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA0NzAwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

seattlecivic
05-23-2004, 05:28 AM
MOST IMPRESSIVE! :-)

simione
05-23-2004, 05:53 AM
Very nice numbers. I want that dc race header.

oogy-boogy
05-23-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by simione
Very nice numbers. I want that dc race header.

Screw the header....that new exhaust is pimp :cool:

Sounds incredible IMO...

PAPITUYO326
05-23-2004, 09:05 AM
omg i want i want i want.....

f'n accident

Gearhead Geek
05-23-2004, 10:51 AM
very nice numbers Phil. pretty much on par with Anj. curves even look almost identical. you wouldn't happen to have printouts with the torque curves as well would you? i'm very curious to compare.
oh ya, and when's the A2 commin in? ;)

fsugatorbait
05-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
very nice numbers Phil. pretty much on par with Anj. curves even look almost identical. you wouldn't happen to have printouts with the torque curves as well would you? i'm very curious to compare.
oh ya, and when's the A2 commin in? ;)

Updated with the tq curve, still learning the viewer software...

A2 is still up in the air, legal shit is holding the car up. I might just go JRSC after hearing the base RSX put down 230 whp. My goal is 225 whp and 13's for 1/4. Any new updates with hondata?

Gearhead Geek
05-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Updated with the tq curve, still learning the viewer software...

A2 is still up in the air, legal shit is holding the car up. I might just go JRSC after hearing the base RSX put down 230 whp. My goal is 225 whp and 13's for 1/4. Any new updates with hondata?

nah still scroungin for money for it (amongst other things). as of this moment i'm a lil more concerned about figuring out why my 1/4 times have dropped all of a sudden. my guess was just old oil (i was up to about 3400miles before i changed it last thursday), but unfortunately i haven't had a chance to get back to the track yet. if that was the problem (*crosses fingers*), then i'll be focusing on Hondata, some Rota's (or other lightweight wheels), and a CAI next. If not, then I'm gonna have to troubleshooting and see what the hell is up with the motor (or, as I'm somewhat worried about..the clutch). oh ya, and in the midst of it all, i'm tryin to find a job and work things out with seeing my son more often. heh, things are hectic to say the least :p
but on a side note, when are you gonna be commin up to Epping to see what that beast runs Phil? :)

*EDIT*: BTW you're torque curve looks almost identical to Anj's as well. Pretty interesting imho. If ya have a minute, can ya post up the A/F readouts too?

anjapower
05-23-2004, 02:02 PM
And I pass on to fsudrunkenbait the N/A A3 crown. You're doin us proud! I still have a .16 whp on you though;) Ownin me in torque, with +2.19:p

What did Mel put down?:D And your b-series buddy?

seattlecivic
05-23-2004, 03:13 PM
You guys really need to start squeezing more power out of those bad boys... I mean, c'mon ;-) You guys need to be known as Demi-gods... not normal okay!?

oogy-boogy
05-23-2004, 05:02 PM
And I pass on to fsudrunkenbait the N/A A3 crown. You're doin us proud! I still have a .16 whp on you though;) Ownin me in torque, with +2.19:p

155 max HP....

Phil was nice enought o help me out with hosting the Dyno's: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=38124

fsugatorbait
05-24-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
*EDIT*: BTW you're torque curve looks almost identical to Anj's as well. Pretty interesting imho. If ya have a minute, can ya post up the A/F readouts too?

Here ya go tim..

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA2MjEwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

fsugatorbait
05-24-2004, 05:58 AM

The guy with the b18 wasnt too happy, lol. He's running a SRI, cat-back and type R ECU.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDA2MjExNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

ecsahs3
06-08-2004, 06:59 PM
is that without your other mods (cai, img, nology wires, etc)? or is it just the dc rh & the rm-01a?

fsugatorbait
06-09-2004, 05:55 AM
Thats with all my mods.

SSMep3
06-09-2004, 08:07 AM
sick pulls phil, mel u 2, i just ordered my sim yesterday and i called some exhaust places to check pricing for cutting the mid pipe, they said in the range of 40-60 depending on what kind of flange it is and if i want a new one......hopefully i will have this race header on soon.:D

fsugatorbait
06-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by SSMep3
sick pulls phil, mel u 2, i just ordered my sim yesterday and i called some exhaust places to check pricing for cutting the mid pipe, they said in the range of 40-60 depending on what kind of flange it is and if i want a new one......hopefully i will have this race header on soon.:D

Your gonna love it. Im intereted to hear how its gonna sound with the magnaflow, you better have it on before the meet on the 26th. ;)

trk
06-09-2004, 08:17 AM
My friends boosted b18 only puts down 180ish --- the a3 rocks. ;)

fsugatorbait
06-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by trk
My friends boosted b18 only puts down 180ish --- the a3 rocks. ;)

Does your friend have a boosted B18c1 (gsr engine)?
My roomate has one sitting at a friends house waiting to go into his EM1 and was planning on boosting it. 180 is damn low for a boosted engine, sounds like D-series #'s. Any other details you have about it?

trk
06-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Does your friend have a boosted B18c1 (gsr engine)?
My roomate has one sitting at a friends house waiting to go into his EM1 and was planning on boosting it. 180 is damn low for a boosted engine, sounds like D-series #'s. Any other details you have about it?

Non vtec ls engine .... pieced together turbo with intercooler.... no idea how the ecu is managed.

fsugatorbait
06-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by trk
Non vtec ls engine .... pieced together turbo with intercooler.... no idea how the ecu is managed.

Damn. Still would have thought it'd be higher, ahh well. K-series rocks.

SSMep3
06-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Your gonna love it. Im intereted to hear how its gonna sound with the magnaflow, you better have it on before the meet on the 26th. ;)

yeah hopefully it will sound near the same as it is now, yeah i will have it on before then if everything goes well :)

oogy-boogy
06-09-2004, 08:54 AM

Yeah, I'm interested in hearing that combo as well......

Should be fun times guys...:)

ecsahs3
06-12-2004, 02:26 AM
fsugatorbait...you don't have an O2 sim right? have you thrown a cel yet?

fsugatorbait
06-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by ecsahs3
fsugatorbait...you don't have an O2 sim right? have you thrown a cel yet?

Nope, I got the sim with the test pipe and transferred it to the RH and have yet to get a singe CEL. :)