PDA

View Full Version : Proper size Brembo's?

rook
05-03-2004, 07:15 AM
I purchased front and rear Brembo's (cross drilled and slotted), but they appear to be the wrong size for the rears. After installation, the rear rotors are definitely smaller than the stock ones. I am concerned because the brake pads are going to wear in a stepped fashion. I feel that eventually the pads will contact each other as opposed to clamping on the rotor. I was assured that the rotors were the proper size. The company I bought them from is not willing to replace them with the correct part.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any advice? Where can I get the correct size rear Brembo's?

Thanks in advance.
rook

blueiedgod
05-03-2004, 07:35 AM
if the rotors are not correct size, take a picture and e-mail to the place where you bought them from. If they still refuse to replace or refund, call the credit card company and put a freeze on transaction or just package the rotors and send them back. You should send them UPS or FedEx, the credit card company will want to see the proof of return before they go into their account at take your money back. You will have to pay the return shipping though. Sorry it happened to you. I was looking to replace my rotors too, but only the front with slotted but not cross drilled as they tend to warp more often. Anyway, I would only buy from a reputable place like www.tirerack.com or something.

trk
05-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by rook
I feel that eventually the pads will contact each other as opposed to clamping on the rotor.

Holy shit. I hadn't even thought about that. I wonder if thats where my "chirp" is coming from.

NemesisITR
05-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Sounds like you got ripped. Brembo doesnt make stock rotors that are cross-drilled or slotted for any car thats not a Porsche or Ferrari. The company you bought them from put the holes and slots in the rotors.

Send them back and call your CC company then the BBB. Then go get some PowerSlot rotors since they do make performance rotors that have slots in them!!!

Suk02Si
05-03-2004, 09:29 AM
I thought Brembo made OEM replacement rotors and also offered them in cross drilled or slotted.

EtherGhost
05-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
I thought Brembo made OEM replacement rotors and also offered them in cross drilled or slotted.

The companies buy Brembo blanks, drill and slot them themselves, and pass them off as Brembo drilled and slotted rotors, as NemesisITR said

FCobra94
05-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by rook
After installation, the rear rotors are definitely smaller than the stock ones.
That's probably because they sent you '99-'00 Civic Si rear rotors. I believe a few other people have had the same problem. I'd be quite upset if they sent me the wrong stuff and wouldn't accept any returns :(

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
05-03-2004, 10:26 AM
I purchased Brebmo's from IROTORS and the rear rotors are smaller than OEM. The company told that I got correct rotors and if I'm not satisfied they will return the founds and send the rotors to manufacter to give them the prove that they are smaller!!!

Ps. I don't know what to do, because I've been driving on them about 1.5k miles

Peking
05-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Moved to suspension :)

vtecnrg
05-03-2004, 08:44 PM
I have had the same issue also with irotors. My rear rotors are also too small. They have told me that the rotors are the correct size and that Honda does not specify another size rear rotor. They refused to replace my rear rotors because they are out of the 30 day warranty and stated I should have noticed they were smaller when I installed them. The only problem I did not install the rotors my honda tech did and at a later date when performing a safety check of the brakes he was very apologetic for not catching irotors mistake.

Irotors did send free rear replacement pads since only half the pad is making contacting with the rotor and they now have a step from the uneven wear in them. I will have to replace irotors rear rotors with my oem rear rotors. I am out the cost of the rear rotors, install charge of their rotors and now again the re-installation of the factory oem rotors not to mention this is a serious safety issue. Irotors is sending out the wrong product and refusing to acknowledge there is a problem. The owner, Elvis refuses to talk to me on the phone and only communicates via email. Needless to say I am less than satisfied. I was their biggest fan and told many people about their product now I am just frusterated and upset. When will companies step up and take care of their mistakes?

mdoyle
05-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
I was looking to replace my rotors too, but only the front with slotted but not cross drilled as they tend to warp more often.
Cross drilled and slotted rotors do not tend to warp, or crack any more than blanks. I've driven on the same cross drilled rotors (Brembo's, took themm to a shop to have the holes and slots done) on my Prelude for close to two years without a single problem.

trk
05-04-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm having the same problem, different vendor.