PDA

View Full Version : runnin hard

Hibidi Shibidi
05-03-2004, 07:08 PM
i drive my ep pretty hard, and it doesnt seem to be bothering it to much. i just read about alot of people blowin up the engines. just wonderin exactly how hard are... were they drivin it?

phantasia
05-03-2004, 07:14 PM
its not my car, so its none of my business, but why are you driving your car so hard? theres a big difference between driving fast, controlled, smooth and agressively and beating the shit out of the poor thing. your ep deserves more respect than beating it to the point where youre concerned with blowing the engine.

k20hatch
05-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by phantasia
its not my car, so its none of my business, but why are you driving your car so hard? theres a big difference between driving fast, controlled, smooth and agressively and beating the shit out of the poor thing. your ep deserves more respect than beating it to the point where youre concerned with blowing the engine.

lol ya no kiddin...If you like me and just having some fun in it every now and then i wouldnt be worried about it. But if your living your life "A quarter mile at a time" and driving through the city at light speed reving everywhere...ummm i dont kno what im trying to say...bye

Hibidi Shibidi
05-03-2004, 07:19 PM
its all controlled and smooth, and what i consider hard may be easy to some people, sometimes i take it to redline but even then the shifts are smooth and well matched. it just seems like whenever i see another forum, someone else blew it up, just wanting to know how they were drivin

phantasia
05-03-2004, 08:11 PM
LOL

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"

if your laptop starts flashing "DANGER TO MANIFOLD" on the screen, just shut it. when your glove box explodes a minute later and all these little green bolts fly out, all that means is that "now me and the mad scientist have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried"

barf

:yellm:

enecks
05-03-2004, 08:23 PM
I've not heard of anybody blowing their A3 by taking it to redline every so often; i'd say most of us here often engage in a bit of spirited motoring. I think messed up transmissions are much more common...