PDA

View Full Version : Seat bolster wear from seatbelts

dmpslc
05-03-2004, 08:19 PM
So we are the proud new owners of a Black 2004 SI.

I noticed that the seatbelt rubs on the seat if the driver is short, which both me and my girlfriend are... Any thoughts on how to protect the seat from wearing where it rubs? Any one else have this issue?

thanks, dmpslc

glw
05-03-2004, 08:22 PM
have them replaced just before the warranty runs out... :D

ep pilot
05-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by dmpslc
So we are the proud new owners of a Black 2004 SI.

I noticed that the seatbelt rubs on the seat if the driver is short, which both me and my girlfriend are... Any thoughts on how to protect the seat from wearing where it rubs? Any one else have this issue?

thanks, dmpslc

This was the first thing I noticed when I first got my car 2 years ago, it is such a moot problem now that my car has 33K miles on it, and is designated as my daily-whore, but honestly, it wears to a point where it just kind of gets tough, and doesn

Peking
05-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Can't you just raise the thing up a notch, that is what worked for me and moved :D

VividDreams
05-04-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by glw
have them replaced just before the warranty runs out... :D

they could consider it, quite literally, a wear item, and decide to not cover it

fsugatorbait
05-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Peking
Can't you just raise the thing up a notch, that is what worked for me....:D

Yup thats what I did, worked like a charm. :cool:

Tenacious G
05-04-2004, 12:18 PM
mine rubs and a little bald spot has started to develop. however, it hasn't gotten any worse after the first month or two. i don't even notice it anymore, and the wear is hardly noticable.