PDA

View Full Version : HFP (honda factory performance)

crouton
05-04-2004, 04:58 AM
does anyone know any HONDA dealers that will part out the LIP KIT for sale??? i called most of S.california Dealers and half of them don't know what the hell i'm talking about, and other half said they can't part out the lip kit for sale or even the spoiler?

but i got a qoute from one dealership for the lip kit for 1054$ for front lip, side skirts, and black lip , spoiler 489$

but too bad he said they can't apart the kit YET.

well if anyone has any info please help out thanks

yomamaInMySi
05-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by crouton
does anyone know any HONDA dealers that will part out the LIP KIT for sale??? i called most of S.california Dealers and half of them don't know what the hell i'm talking about, and other half said they can't part out the lip kit for sale or even the spoiler?

but i got a qoute from one dealership for the lip kit for 1054$ for front lip, side skirts, and black lip , spoiler 489$

but too bad he said they can't apart the kit YET.

well if anyone has any info please help out thanks

I read in this forum that you'll have to go to Canada to get a kit parted.

BSEVEER
05-04-2004, 11:03 AM
What SoCal dealer said they would sell just the rear hatch spoiler?

K20A3Si
05-04-2004, 08:50 PM
i work for honda and i am all over the rear hatch spoiler when they sell the kit in parts....but if they are willing to part out the kit now good work.

crouton
05-05-2004, 12:07 AM
we'll the dealer said they can't part the kit YET, but he said to keep checking back...or wait around decemember:'(

by the way, i think having the HFP kit, with Mugen spoiler and front grill looks nice. plus its OEM and JDM if you guys are fans

:D

ep3_civic_si
05-05-2004, 11:37 AM
about a month ago i called the dealer asking for a sticker:D the i love my honda one but they didnt have any but the dude at the parts department said that honda america is having a special that there selling the parts seperatly but i am not completly sure what parts it is but yeah i'm not sure bout now since u said that u have to wait till december but yeah that's what the dude in the dealer told me haha sorry dont think i helped but thought i'd give like a heads up good luck though peace!

BlrwestSiR
05-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Move to Canada. All the FP body parts, including the wing are availible separatly. They're factory painted as well.

BlrwestSiR
05-08-2004, 07:04 PM
There's a dealer here in Toronto that's "stuck" with a couple of black kits that the parts dept would love to get rid off. When I ordered my wing from them, he said too bad I didn't own a black SiR or he would have given me a great deal on it. For '03, Honda Canada was giving the skirt and wing package away as a no charge option, so that's where these guys have theirs from. The Honda Canada webpage has the prices listed for the skirts and wing.

crouton
05-08-2004, 11:09 PM
do you have the website or phone number where you got your wing from? and will they ship to US?

BlrwestSiR
05-10-2004, 01:03 AM
I don't know if they sell to the States but here's their website.

www.sisleyhonda.com

Mr.02BlackSIguY
05-11-2004, 02:32 AM
so any word on this canada website? how much are they selling the wing for and will they ship to US?

crouton
05-11-2004, 02:53 AM
haven't got any word on it yet :'(
oh well

i just hope they part out the HFP kit soon

silum
05-11-2004, 09:36 AM
What do they do if you have the kit and you get in a wreck?

BlrwestSiR
05-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Last year the GFX package( what the skirt package was clled up here) was only availible to those who got one with their car. They wouldn't even sell you a replacement part unless you provided them (Honda Canada, not the dealer) with a copy of the orignal purchase invoice and your VIN. On course, no discpunt were availible. Funny thing is, you could get the kit but not have them install it. It was still yours for the taking if you bought an eliglible car ( i.e., a late 2003)

crouton
05-11-2004, 11:24 PM
i'm just going to have to check back with honda frequently :mad:

GatorBait.
05-12-2004, 07:27 PM
I thought in Canada they were parting out? But why not just get the Type-R replica wing?

BlrwestSiR
05-13-2004, 03:36 PM
It is parted out. You can buy each part separately, including the wing.

http://www.honda.ca/Personalise/HondaEng/Models/carconfig/carconfig.asp?ModelName=CivicSiR&c=993333&yr=2004

just click on the name of each part and it'll bring up a photo. Don't forget, these are Canadian dollars.

pLopSI
05-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BlrwestSiR

http://www.honda.ca/Personalise/HondaEng/Models/carconfig/carconfig.asp?ModelName=CivicSiR&c=993333&yr=2004

just click on the name of each part and it'll bring up a photo. Don't forget, these are Canadian dollars.

Ohhh... so you can buy seperate parts from any Canadian Dealer?

K20A3Si
05-13-2004, 05:07 PM
i dont know why honda just dosent sell the HFP/GFX kit in seperate forms...i bet they would make alot more $$$$$$

tcostello3
05-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BlrwestSiR

How about a link to a Dealer not Hondas Canadian site. Honda "lists" the parts seperately on their U.S. site as well but good luck buying from a dealer.

I spoke with the parts guy a few weeks ago and he said "hopefuly soon". Acura IS doing it so it's only a matter of time.

crouton
05-13-2004, 10:47 PM
canada parts out the kit, but they dont ship to US....i tried, but US is going to part the kit around DEC 04

just gotta wait till then i guess

oh wells :p

ErikBrescher
05-17-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't know where you heard that they'll be parting the kits out by December. I only wish it were true.

I work in a parts department at a dealer, and our American honda rep has made it clear that you should order the kits now because they in all likelihood will not be carried all that much longer. (that's why I ordered and received my kit last month).

HOnda is almost bitter towards the Si... I dont' see them doing much for the community when it comes to accessories, or even warranty things like our whacked out trannies.

Honda really isn't using their brains because they should be parting these kits out. There is a lot of money to be made... the suspension is good, the wheels are nice, the body kit is stylish. Price them moderately and they will sell like crazy. If i were a manager of a depart,ment, which i'm unfortunately not, I would stock them and part them out. Jeez.

whatever

good luck with finding the parts :-\

Stoop
05-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ErikBrescher
If i were a manager of a department, which i'm unfortunately not, I would stock them and part them out.

It's not that easy though. Yeah the hatch spoiler would sell just fine and the suspension and possibly wheels would as well, but the lip kit (front/rear/sides) ends up being $845.00 DEALER COST altogether, so you'd have to sell them for more than that to make any money. Most people won't spend that much when they can buy complete body kit for the same price or less.

BlrwestSiR
05-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Next time I'm in at the dealer here, I'll if they're willing to sell the two kits they have and for what price. They after all got them for free but the buyers didn't want them. In case anyone's wondering they're both for black cars.

ErikBrescher
05-18-2004, 06:48 PM
for free?!?!!??!!

They had them shipped to them without being given a choice (here in the states each dealer got at least one HFP/aero kit for a civic and many got one for an si) but i assure you that they didn't get them for free :-P call it a peril of being part of a franchise.

the whole kit costs the dealer $2800 (U.S.)... retail is 4000... hopefully you can get a good deal on it.

BlrwestSiR
05-19-2004, 02:28 PM
It was a no charge upgrade/option for the 2003 cars here since Honda figured it would help the cars sell a little better. Of course, for 2004, you have to pay for it.