PDA

View Full Version : I try to find a...

SiR_Honda
05-04-2004, 06:21 PM
I try to find a DC Sports Header Ceramic Coated 4-2-1 TWO pieces.

Is it possible or we can only get it in one piece for our K20A3 ?

If it's not possible, is it bad to have only the header or it is better to get the mid-pipe also?

sorry for my dummy questions :o
Tks

EnJaNir
05-04-2004, 06:31 PM
The header is only one piece

The only "two piece" headers would be certain race headers which include a test pipe to replace the cat

PAPITUYO326
05-04-2004, 08:12 PM
go for the race header... a vendor here from hondawerx is selling them dirt cheap...id get it if i had money :(

03silverEP
05-05-2004, 11:41 AM
our headers are only 1 piece, on b series hondas w/the exhaust ports on the front of the engine the headers could be 2 piece for ease or installation, since the ep has a close coupled cat our header is very short (8" primaries no secondaries) unless you get a race header (DC $350, JR $500, CompT $650) it will be one piece, you could also get a DC shorty and a test pipe, but both req. removal of the cat and a casper's o2 sim. to work properly.

the JigGa mAn
05-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by EnJaNir
The header is only one piece

The only "two piece" headers would be certain race headers which include a test pipe to replace the cat

OT but kinda related...if when its time for emmission can you take off the test pipe and put on the cat? and then after put the test pipe back?

dofu
05-06-2004, 04:06 AM
the 4-2-1 2 piece dc sports offers for the ep isn't available in ceramic... at least not yet...
dc sports race header sale by hondawerx (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35706)

the 4-2-1 ceramic for the ep is one piece only...
dc sports (scroll down to the ceramic header list) (http://www.dcsports.com/appguide.html)

EnJaNir
05-06-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
OT but kinda related...if when its time for emmission can you take off the test pipe and put on the cat? and then after put the test pipe back?

I suppose technically you could, just have to make sure all the flanges match up