PDA

View Full Version : More boost for the jrsc...new pulley

02SilverSiHB
05-04-2004, 07:00 PM
:D yeah more boost.

I bought a stock jrsc pulley off a guy that had it for the type s. It's 4.0" versus the 4.4" pulley that the Si comes with on the jrsc.

I didn't think it would add much more boost.

With the stock one for the si, it usually reads 4lbs right away, then gradually 5lbs, then near the end just before shifting, it reads 6lbs.

But now with the type s jrsc pulley, it reads 5lbs right away, with barely even pushing that far on the throttle. then smash it and it reads 6lbs, then nears 7lbs, and just before redline it reads 8lbs! Crazy, I didn't expect that. The a/f ratio on the meter has changed a little.

With the stock jrsc si pulley, the a/f was usually in the rich area during the higher rpms, but read really rich in the lower rpms. Now with this jrsc type s pulley, it reads at stoich the whole time near higher rpms, but at lower rpms, it reads a tad rich like before. It seems the jr power card does better than I expected...it keeps surprising me.

I don't hear any pinging at all and it pulls a lot better. But, the idler screw has to be alll the way down to get enough tension, it seems fine as I drove around like crazy to make sure the belt doesn't come off.

I'm going to put the stock one back on though, I don't want to chance it. I'll wait until about next Friday, hopefully, go a few hours south to San Antonio, and get a dyno and a/f read out using both pulleys. I'll get two with the stock one, then two with the type s one.

Also, when I hit the track, I'll see if it helps any. I does pull harder, but in first, I have to fluctuate with the throttle more when the type s pulley is on. If not, I just spin out too much to where I can't get the added power to the ground, kinda sucks. 2nd gear spins a bit more also.
Anyway, here's some pics

Here's the new pulley, can barely read the 4.0" etched in there

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzgxOTkxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

As you can see here, the idler screw is allll the way down.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzgxOTkwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

bioevolve
05-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Awsome, now you have added some more power. You should do a dyno reading on both pulleys and see if there is any big differences, I'm sure there is atleast an 10-25 hp gain.
That belt gotz some outer edge wear on it I see, and that tensioner pulley is on straighter too hehehehehe ;) :D.
Great work and posts some time slips and dynos:cool: :D

1 fstr si
05-04-2004, 07:50 PM
man, that tensioner is really cranked down. lemme know how it works out.

02SilverSiHB
05-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by bioevolve
Awsome, now you have added some more power. You should do a dyno reading on both pulleys and see if there is any big differences, I'm sure there is atleast an 10-25 hp gain.
That belt gotz some outer edge wear on it I see
yeah, I still need to get a new one, I think it got that way from when I had the tensioner on there wrong.

ALCT
05-04-2004, 10:50 PM
:cool:
I almost did somethng similar wondering if a smaller pulley will be usable with hondata jrsc reflash (if they ever release)?

fsugatorbait
05-05-2004, 07:55 AM
Impressive Mike! Keep us posted on what your able to find out after the dyno. :cool:

bgsteve523
05-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Cool I would love to see a vid of an 8lb jrsc ep.
Please post a vid and let us know how much whp you are now pusing.
Can you feel a big dif or not really?

spider883
05-05-2004, 01:48 PM
dang it you took my idea.. but im glad u did it.. i was going it this saturday and dyno tuning with safc but i have to go to new jersey.. uncle died

2fastcivic
05-05-2004, 02:11 PM
more boost. thats great. oh and get some vids of the +boost

02SilverSiHB
05-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
Cool I would love to see a vid of an 8lb jrsc ep.
Please post a vid and let us know how much whp you are now pusing.
Can you feel a big dif or not really? yeah, I could feel the difference, but at the higher rpms, something doesn't feel right, not sure how to explain it, but it was enough to where I put the stock pulley back on, I think it may run lean in the higher rpms with the smaller type s pulley.

I just installed my test pipe with the stock pulley and damn, it's like night and day, it pulls so much better, in fact it pulls better than it did with the extra boost...when I had the cat on.