PDA

View Full Version : My car is out of alignment! ahh

chubbychu
05-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Hey guys ive been putting up with a pesky pull to the right lately and i really cant figure it out.

im lowered on h&r's and i have a rear camber kit. with brand new tires. i got it pre-aligned the very first day of the drop but was still dealing with some pull. so far ive brought my car to big O 2 times and they cant seem to figure it out.

The first time they told me everything is in the green and that im good to go. Well, lo and behold it didnt help.

The 2nd time i told them to really check everything out. They did and than they told me my caster is off. and my camber (since i dont have a kit) is borderline "out of spec" they told me nothing will wear unevenly, but itll still pull.

well, i asked them if a front camber kit would help the caster they said yes...but ive also talked to david t who says that caster is adjusted independantly. so im really screwed and confused. I dont want to pay big-o-tires 100+ to install and adjust the camber kit and say that they STILL didnt figure it out. and my suspnsions installer (david t) doesnt have access to a lift/alignment machine.

can someone tell me what they think is going on with my alignment? could something be bent or broken? thanks!

k20hatch
05-04-2004, 08:18 PM
My car is wierd. One day it pulls a little to the left, one day to the right, and the next day is perfectly fine. The days is pulled ill take it around the block park it. Come home later that night and its nice and stright! hrm..

chubbychu
05-04-2004, 08:22 PM
haha! thats so weird. If only i was that lucky. Mine is a constant rightward pull. =o(

trabadoo22
05-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Mine pulls to the right as well. I have the Mugen suspension with a rear camber kit. I got my car aligned at my local Honda dealer a few days after the installation. I brought it back to them a couple days later because it was still pulling to the right. They got it pretty close, but it still does the same thing, just not as dramatic. When I brought it back the guy at the shop said the caster was off a little bit, but couldn't do a whole lot to fix it because adjusting the front caster affects the rear caster. I don't know how true this is though. I'm just going by what he said. It might also be due to the type of steering we have. I've heard the type of steering in the ep can cause the tires to pull to one side or another from deviations in the road. I tried to find the flattest road I could though and it still did it, so who knows.

chubbychu
05-04-2004, 09:19 PM
i see...thats really werid.

zum_zum
05-06-2004, 08:08 AM
i bet your thrust bearings on the front macpherson assemblies are binding.

Accordexcpe95
05-06-2004, 09:21 AM
my tein springs is fine w/o camber kit or alignment done, no pulling *knock on wood*