PDA

View Full Version : s2000 start button help

02civicSI
05-04-2004, 09:09 PM
ok before i start getting flamed i will that yes i have searched. yes i have read through all of the DIY's. i need help installing this stupid f*****g thing. I spent about 5 hrs last night and 5 hours today trying to get this b***h to work. I have the 5 pole SPDT relay and I have the "engine start" part to light up but the car will not start by pushing the button. I have the ignition running to the black/white wire and the ACC running to the black/yellow wire that are connected to the brown plug. i tried with the relay and with the relay. need some help. thanks.

Xtreme Racer
05-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Alright......Well first off theres nothing about a ground in there...why?

02civicSI
05-05-2004, 08:43 AM
i have it grounded to the black wire on the cigarette lighter

Civicvtec1ps
05-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Not sure what's the problem might be.
I have oem honda s2000 start button and don't use relay at all.
Just three wires hook up.
Power, Ground and third wire that taps on to the ignition wire(Black/White).
Mine works perfectly.

Just check fuses and Wires.
Key to "ON" position, one after the "ACC".
Then, Clutch ---> Button.
Maybe one of those simple mistakes.

Xtreme Racer
05-05-2004, 02:11 PM
You might have the same problem as mine did.

When i hooked it up...i heard a slight "pop"

That pop was a burn coming onto the board...open the entire assembly up and see if theres any brown marks on the board.

but make sure you're actually getting power to the thing first.

BlackHatcher
05-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Are you using thoes wire taps? If so, you might want to check you connection to the black/white wire. I know that when I installed it, it was kinda a bitch it get a good connection tapping into that think wire.... hope this helps

02civicSI
05-05-2004, 05:43 PM
well just tried reinstalling everything over again. still cannot get the button to start the car. i have everything wired up correctly but still nothing. i think i am going to go somewhere to pay to get it installed.

Civicvtec1ps
05-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Noticed my light doesn't come on today but button works..
Damn it, Now I need to figure it out.

02civicSI
05-05-2004, 08:28 PM
i will post pics of how i have everything wired up tomorrow. maybe then you guys can help me figure out what the hell is going on.