PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Ep3- No Joke

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while because I am still trying to get over a tramatic drive home from work last week.....

On my way home from work on Thursday, my car starting smoking really bad. The temp was fine, the engine was still running, so I pulled over, figuring that I had an oil leak and it was spraying and making smoke.

My coworker was behind me, and she pulled around me and said JULIE GET OUT, IT'S ON FIRE, GET OUT..... flames were shooting out of my hood.

Well, since I drive to and from work on back roads, it took 15 minutes for the fire trucks to come, and I had to sit there and watch my car burn to the ground. NOTHING is left. My seats are now just metal rails. There is no recognition of any dash board at all, everything is totally and completely gone. No headliner, carpet, door panels, NOTHING left.

NO I don't have pictures yet, but I did find out what happened.

FIRST OFF- Cybernations had nothing to do with it. The turbonetics turbo had a bad turbo seal, and it gave, which allowed the oil in the bearings to flow right into the 1000 degree + exhaust housing, causing an oil fire in my turbo (while I was driving!), and ultimately, my turbo exploding and causing a huge, powerful oil fire throughout my engine bay which overtook my whole car.

I am very miserable, and I don't think I can own an EP again. I already had one the way I wanted it, and it's time for something new. The car/shell/pile of ash has already been picked up by State Farm and has been moved to their holding area, so I can't get pictures of it yet, but I have asked for them from the insurance adjuster... It's nauseating to look at.

Just had to vent.

iVtec si
05-05-2004, 11:12 AM
damn girl that sux, I hope you can end up with a ride you'll love as much as your EP.

peace

agrabau
05-05-2004, 11:13 AM
How did you determine that the described event was the cause of the fire?

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Hey guys,
I asked the fireman where the start of the fire was, and he said that it seemed to emanate from the actual turbine. Also, there was a huge path of oil that I apparently was spraying once the turbo exploded, when I was still driving it. That combined with my calling a close friend who is a mechanic and explaining the symptoms that happened that day, as well as a few symptoms that I had determined was something else that were occuring days before this happened.

agrabau
05-05-2004, 11:18 AM
I asked because I've had plenty of turbos fail and never a hint of fire. You can even pour oil on a hot manifold and it won't catch on fire. It's really not very combustable but under the right conditions I suppose anything's possible. Sorry to hear about your car.

esmith13
05-05-2004, 11:19 AM
R.I.P. Si-T... :(

You will be missed.... :'(

I told you already - ANYTHING I can do - name it.

Eric

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks Eric, you know we'll still be launching Modified Vision, so it's all good.

agrabau- it baffles me too, but thank you for the kind words.

EKON
05-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Sorry to hear about your horrible ordeal. I hope everything goes ok for you.

EKON:(

TrippZ
05-05-2004, 11:45 AM
oh my god. im so sorry. alot of ep's seem to be catching fire. i hope you're alright. im so sorry :(

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-05-2004, 11:46 AM
That sucks.
Hope you have better luck w/ your next vehicle.

civicsi86
05-05-2004, 11:46 AM
damn sorry to hear that

Ep3 No.2
05-05-2004, 11:50 AM
another ep down the drain. =O(
jus wanted to say hope everything works out for you ephatchgirl. and good luck on your new ride. =O/

Si3
05-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your car: Hope things turn out well for you!

"FIRST OFF- Cybernations had nothing to do with it"

if the turbo is what cause the fire, this statement doesnt make much sense to me...

again, truly sorry.

-aj-

fsugatorbait
05-05-2004, 12:06 PM
OMG :eek:, unless you've been there, theres no way to understand the feeling of seeing your baby with all the money and hard work sitting destroyed on the side of the road. Im so sorry it had to happen to ya, you've always gone out of your way to help others. At least you got out ok, cars can be replaced, people cant. Keep your head up, it'll only get better. :'(

BSEVEER
05-05-2004, 12:12 PM
That really sucks! Sorry for your loss. Be sure to let us know what you get next.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Isnt this like the 2nd ep owner on here who's car burnt up in the past couple weeks.

I think my next mod will be a fire extinguisher.

Heitzke
05-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Si3
Sorry to hear about your car: Hope things turn out well for you!

"FIRST OFF- Cybernations had nothing to do with it"

if the turbo is what cause the fire, this statement doesnt make much sense to me...

again, truly sorry.

-aj-

She was just saying that it was not Cybernations fault for the fire. It was the turbo manufacturer, not faulty electronics or something else directly from Cybernation. I'm really sorry to hear about the loss, hopefully you find something else you will enjoy. At least you weren't a victim of the fire as well. Hell, the whole thing burst into flames, who knows what possibly could have happened. Good luck with everything.

Mike

andy
05-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear that ephatchgirl. Really sorry b/c you did all the work on it!

It's weird that cars can totally burn up, you'd think they'd make them out of some non-flammable material (the car, not the engine bay). Anyway.

Best of luck with your new adventure - so many nice cars to choose from. New Mustang (don't laugh), SRT-4, AWD Golf, STi, etc...

Siman
05-05-2004, 12:34 PM
so is it technically YOUR fault or Cybernations fault?

just wondering...

That is HORRIBLE..

I am definantly NOT running turbo:confused:

EtherGhost
05-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Sorry about your car. :(

Sorry for the thread jack, but how much do those halon systems cost, where you pull a lever and your entire engine bay is doused? Might be a worthwhile investment if anyone has a lot of money under the hood.

oogy-boogy
05-05-2004, 12:36 PM
HOly Crap Julezzz...

:eek:

Glad to hear you're ok. Just keep your head up as cars can always be replaced.....Lives are priceless.

:'(

RIP Mr Tein doll

esmith13
05-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Si3
...if the turbo is what cause the fire, this statement doesnt make much sense to me...

Turbonetics made the turbo - not CN. The failure was QC issue. Every turbine from CN still has the "QC Passed" Tag on it when u get it. Considering CN and most other places are in the business of selling "new unused" products - they could not have known.

Unfortunately this is a REAL risk with turbo's. A stock evo, STi, 1.8T or SRT-4 could have the same problems. Just like an engine could throw a rod. This is just a close-to-home realization of that "1 in 1,000,000" chance u take when you have a turbocharger - stock or aftermarket.

Eric

Rudolph610
05-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Sorry for your loss, let us know what the new project is!

K20A3Si
05-05-2004, 12:43 PM
wow...i am sorry to hear this..alot of EP's have been slowly dissapering do to fires or accidents...i am sorry about the accident and hope that you enjoy your next project.

ATRIOT
05-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by EtherGhost
Sorry about your car. :(

Sorry for the thread jack, but how much do those halon systems cost, where you pull a lever and your entire engine bay is doused? Might be a worthwhile investment if anyone has a lot of money under the hood.

Halon extinguishers are really expensive, new supplies of halon arnt being produced anymore. Its best used for electrical systems such as server rooms, or rooms containing sensitive electrical equipment.

tony speed
05-05-2004, 01:06 PM
shouldn't they have a gauge for this kind of thing???? oil pressure??

HARRY POTTER
05-05-2004, 01:14 PM
that was painful for me to read..:'( sorry for your loss! may your next project be another work of art!;)

Rueda del Queso
05-05-2004, 01:19 PM
So who is going to cover the damages: State Farm or Turbonetics?

EtherGhost
05-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Halon extinguishers are really expensive, new supplies of halon arnt being produced anymore. Its best used for electrical systems such as server rooms, or rooms containing sensitive electrical equipment.

Oh... so that's why a 2 1/2 pound bottle is $135 :eek:

Well, at least we're protecting the ozone layer. (https://www.denix.osd.mil/denix/Public/News/DLA/Halon/hal1.html)

halon depletes stratospheric ozone at a rate of up to 16 times that of CFC-11 (a common refrigerant)

esmith13
05-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by tony speed
shouldn't they have a gauge for this kind of thing???? oil pressure??

Well, an oil pressure guage would have helped if something in her car RAISED the pressure and blew the seal.

Assuming the story she got was legit the seal "failed" meaning it didn't handle the "normal" amount of pressure it should so the guage would have read normal and not read a drop in pressure even untill the car was first caught on fire - by that point it would all have been moot.

Eric

freidaddy
05-05-2004, 01:31 PM
I know how ya feel, your not the first to experience fire to your ep. If I get a new si I'm putting the old Si emblem on the new one.:'(

blackyEP3
05-05-2004, 01:35 PM
What did your car look like before the fire??

Sooo.........who is paying you back for your EP?

2.25CrushBent
05-05-2004, 01:37 PM
damn, thats hard to read. I know how i would feel if I lost my ep. Good luck with your new ride and keep us updated.

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Hey everybody, thanks for the kind words. The TEIN DOLL is burnt, but he made it out. I kept him just as a cripsy reminder Mel!

Eric, you covered the bases as far as the turbo was a manufacter defect, not the racing shop that put the kit together, so I won't go there. All I'll do is put up some pics of my ride for those who asked. A memoriam if you will....

Pictures courtesy of Eric Smith.

http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/March12meetbyESmith/front3re_001.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/March12meetbyESmith/pic_1_3_12_re.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/March12meetbyESmith/pic_2_3_12_re.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/March12meetbyESmith/frontsidewheelturnre_001.jpg

skooba
05-05-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Kind of makes me not want a turbo anymore. But I'm relatively local to you, if you need anything, lemme know. Good luck with your new car.

-steve

MugenTypeRep3
05-05-2004, 03:20 PM
damn! I'm sorry to hear that!.. Good luck w/ ur next adventure!

k20hatch
05-05-2004, 03:43 PM
OMG im so sorry Ephatchgirl. Damn not good news when i have a turbo kit on the way. Im getting scured! I hope everything works out for you okay and if theres anything ya need or anything im just a im away!

Very very sorry!

K20hatch

PAPITUYO326
05-05-2004, 03:55 PM
damn..that sucks i loved how your car looked

important thing is that nobody got hurt. I can somewhat understand your pain as my first car (86 Deville) also caught fire two years ago. Its horrible seeing your car go up in flames. Best of luck on the new car! RIP Si-T

03silverEP
05-05-2004, 04:00 PM
could compressed co2 be used as an extinguisher?

chubbychu
05-05-2004, 04:06 PM
man..i never thought it would happen to you. =o(

i wish you didnt have to leave the ep family cuz i really liked you. well, good luck

dj addicted
05-05-2004, 04:12 PM
first off... Im really sorry to hear about your loss... and I am so glad that you are ok.

next...is this something that turbonetics should handle since because of a faulty turbo?

NemesisITR
05-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Sorry for the loss. Hope insurance helps you out.

2pointslowEP3
05-05-2004, 04:46 PM
damn...that sounds scary as hell. i would have been scared that it would have blown up or something...i'm really glad you're okay though. i hope everything works out for you.

specialblend154
05-05-2004, 05:33 PM
awww, that sucks dood, ima soo sorry. the only time i got to see your car in person was when we were at the import BBQ right after you got your exhaust. you seemed really nice, you even let me and speck sit in your car and play around with you neespeed short shifter.. i hope that you get another car that you loved as much as your SI-t.. im in North VA, if you need anything or if you ever wanna take my car for a spin and rememeber HIM just give me a shout:'( :'(

KimchiBoy_TypeR
05-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss. But I was just wondering if you transplanted that fire protective blanket thingy that is on the top of our stock hood onto your carbon hood? That thing is suppose to melt onto your engine and drown out an engine fire. I wonder if this would of helped?

SinisterCivicSi
05-05-2004, 05:51 PM
hey julie, man girl my heart aches for you even now, prolly will for a while. i am so sorry about all this. And you better know, if there is ANYTHING i can do, i am just a phonecall away dear. There is a reason this happened, everything does in its own way. I am just glad like the others that you were not injured or anyone else. you are very lucky even though right now it doesnt seem that way. Dont worry when we meet up this weekend, i will make sure we go out and have a great time - on me so think of what you wanna do. ;)

Of all the ephatch people i have met since being here you and i clicked right away and i think i am closer to you than anyone on here, you mah gurl! of all the women i know, i consider your the closest one...even though we dont talk every day...shit every week for that matter. lol

be safe sweetie, and know i am praying for you every day...things will get better... ;)

)))))))))big hug for Jules(((((((((((((((

TheMutt
05-05-2004, 05:52 PM
I know it's got to hurt to lose your EP, but we're all glad that at least nobody was hurt. Not only that, but you had a turbocharged k20a3, something that not many will experience. Things like this happen, and it sucks, but I hope that whatever you do next is bigger, better, meaner, and faster :D

Good luck, peace.

R1/SiR
05-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your ride, truly sad. As for a Halon 1311 extinguisher, like Atriot said no longer being produced. As for these ABC 5lbs extinguishers, you may as well piss on a car fire.

I'm a firefighter and I've seen many car fires in my 12 years, it can be very difficult to get at the seat of a fire in a vehicle. I've used 2000 plus litres of water and still no put one out.

John

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks again everybody- you all are being really great- one of the reasons it sucks this happened.

Cybernations is not at fault since they didn't assemble the turbo, BUT they actually offered to get me re-turboed for free if I got another SI. I can't go that route again- like I said time to move on and try something new.

HondaMan
05-05-2004, 06:32 PM
:'( So sad to hear such a nice EP3 go up in flames like that!

Most importantly you are OK and will still have turbo dreams with another ride!!! :)

SONIC SI
05-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.:(

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan
:'( So sad to hear such a nice EP3 go up in flames like that!

Most importantly you are OK and will still have turbo dreams with another ride!!! :)

Thank you.... let the true "flaming" begin... I HAD to have turbo, I could spend at most 22k, and I actually broke down and test drove one... I am going with a silver SRT-4. For the cash, I can't beat it, and with the Mopar Stage upgrades, it'll be super mean, and still warranty covered.

Forgive me everyone, but with the decisions I had, it's the best I could get.:D

skooba
05-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by EPHatchgirl
Cybernations is not at fault since they didn't assemble the turbo, BUT they actually offered to get me re-turboed for free if I got another SI. I can't go that route again- like I said time to move on and try something new.

Wow thats super nice of them. I'm gonna consider CN once I move down to florida and get all settled in. Good luck with the skittle. Guess you have a thing for silver cars huh?

civicsi86
05-05-2004, 06:54 PM
we got your back you were a true ep owner go with whatever makes you happy now

Black 02 SI
05-05-2004, 06:58 PM
ok, here's the deal. you "get" another ep(mine) have them turbo it for free, and i'll give ya $10. deal? ok cool. :) j/k sorry to hear about everything hope ya stick around the site.

Speck
05-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Damn, every since you told me about this, I have been feeling so bad. I am glad to hear that Modified Visions is still moving forward. I will also say, is there is ANYTHING that I can do to help out in ANY way, please let me know.

Also.... since you won't be getting another EP... can you talk Cybernations into turboing my EP instead? ;-) (No, seriously) hehe

I love ya, gurl

{{{{{{JULIE}}}}}}

@---->----

-=speck=-

bioevolve
05-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear :'( Better things will come from this.;) Just smile and you'll see:D

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks everybody!!!!

I'll be a troll moderator, gotta love that. Don't worry, I'll keep that skittle clean.:D

cdr127
05-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Wow sorry to hear that. Good thing you got out ok. Good luck.

MugenTypeRep3
05-05-2004, 08:18 PM
A srt-4? Oh come on Julie! For 22k, you could find a LOW miled, VERY NICE S2000!! And after seeing ur SI, I'm sure you could make the S2000 awesome too!!!! PLUS IT"S RWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please tell me you havent signed on the dotted line???????

esmith13
05-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Actually I looked into a S2000 used. Since there are only a very few model years to the car honda dealers sell fair milage ones for about $28,000 and high milage ones for like $26,000-$27,000

I almost shit myself when I saw that. Checked 4 dealers in 2 different states too....

I'd have one by now if $22k would have gotton one. I paid $21,500 for my Si. :'(

Eric

MugenTypeRep3
05-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh, well. umm.. Thanks ERIC for clearing that up for us! :mad: :D

talk about making ya feel like a jackass!:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D

w/ that in mind... Good luck w/ the SRT-4!:D :D :D

EPHatchgirl
05-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey Mugen- yeah, I pretty much did. The S2000's around me are closer to 30k, and I really want boost. Once you have it, it's hard to let go of.

Besides, my fiance had an S2000, so I know what that's about. I am not really a RWD person, but I agree, they are DAMN sexy cars.:angel:

Makross
05-05-2004, 08:53 PM
damn thats some crazy shiznit...im very sorry ephatchgirl i wish you best of luck!

civicracer1128
05-05-2004, 09:22 PM
yeah, sorry about your car. sounds like a trully horrifying experience. the only part of mine i could stand to see go up in flames is the transmission;) the rest would give me a stomach ache for weeks even if it was covered by insurance. good luck with the srt-4. i agree the mopar stage upgrades look awsome. once again, good luck.

downhil
05-05-2004, 09:28 PM
so sorry to hear about that.

good luck.

Sirone
05-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
Isnt this like the 2nd ep owner on here who's car burnt up in the past couple weeks.

I think my next mod will be a fire extinguisher.

I am sorry for your loss. Sometimes these things happen randomly...

and...

I was thinking the same thing.

Dunrick
05-06-2004, 06:05 AM
careful, not all dealerships will warranty those stage upgrades, they are pretty rare actually, from reading around. You might get some shady dealerships, just beware. SRT-4 is not a bad pick at all.

tony speed
05-06-2004, 02:23 PM
get a used wrx :D

EPHatchgirl
05-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, the verdict is in.... after a bit of research, and a friend who is a dealer, I have chosen a different car. I couldn't bear to go to a four-door... I am going to get a silver VW R32. I am pretty psyched, and as soon as insurance gets off their asses, I'll be picking it up. :)

the JigGa mAn
05-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, the verdict is in.... after a bit of research, and a friend who is a dealer, I have chosen a different car. I couldn't bear to go to a four-door... I am going to get a silver VW R32. I am pretty psyched, and as soon as insurance gets off their asses, I'll be picking it up. :)

bad ass!!! may i ask how much you paid? personally i would have gone with a EVO or STi for what a R32 goes for...but then again you dont want a 4 door...good luck and have fun with the R32..post pics when you get it!!

Jpax
05-09-2004, 01:41 PM
well its AWD but its not turboed :p best of luck :( good to hear that everyting is getting taken care of. :cool:

!@#$%
05-09-2004, 01:47 PM
i thought the r32 was much more than 22K.....

fsugatorbait
05-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i thought the r32 was much more than 22K.....

Oh yea! Its in the neighborhood of $30k; but her comment about a friend at the dealership = hook up. Excellent choice. :cool:

sd_ep3
05-09-2004, 06:13 PM
paying respect to a great ep... :'( :'( *sniff sniff*

chet
05-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Thank you.... let the true "flaming" begin... I HAD to have turbo, I could spend at most 22k, and I actually broke down and test drove one... I am going with a silver SRT-4. For the cash, I can't beat it, and with the Mopar Stage upgrades, it'll be super mean, and still warranty covered.

Forgive me everyone, but with the decisions I had, it's the best I could get.:D

Don't apologize for getting an SRT-4. They're truly nice autos. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.

TRULY sorry to hear of your misfortune though. Glad to hear you weren't hurt at all (at least physically:( ).

Good luck w/the new auto. Be safe!!

EtherGhost
05-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by chet
Don't apologize for getting an SRT-4. They're truly nice autos. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.

TRULY sorry to hear of your misfortune though. Glad to hear you weren't hurt at all (at least physically:( ).

Good luck w/the new auto. Be safe!!

Did you even read the rest of the post? She isn't getting an SRT-4...

chunky
05-09-2004, 07:56 PM
damn. makes me feel lucky. I had an incident with my car overheating not too long ago as a result of a rock hitting my radiator & putting a nice hole in it. Had to drive the car for 10 minutes or so with the temp gauge PAST the H. it was scary, and I'm really lucky to not have spun a bearing or siezed a piston.

she's all fixed up now, and running cooler than ever.

I can't imagine what i'd do if i had to watch my car burn up right in front of me.

I doubt i'd get another ep as well. it's never the same.

chet
05-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by EtherGhost
Did you even read the rest of the post? She isn't getting an SRT-4...

No, I sure didn't. . .I kinda skimmed through it. The VW will be a great car too

VBSI
05-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Interesting...someone has their SI burn to the ground and considers an SRT-4, and gets props. I considered one and got flamed. I will not go aftermarket turbo after reading this, it isn't worth the risk. How does the insurance company react when they learn the cause of the total loss was a non-approved aftermarket mod?

02SilverSiHB
05-10-2004, 02:00 AM
damn, I miss this thread for a while. Sorry to hear what happened. the R32 sounds awsome! Have fun with it and please post some pics when you get it :D

EPHatchgirl
05-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey guys, this morning, I got the call from State Farm, the car was covered, no questions asked.

I also, at around 9pm tonight, picked up my 2004 VW R32- in blue. It's still a hatch, and a fucking dream to drive. Thanks for being so cool and friendly guys, I really appreciate the support. I aint goin no where, so don't you worry (or celebrate!).:D I just hope I am still welcome on EP3 back roads drives!!

specialblend154
05-10-2004, 08:45 PM
you shoulda gone to stohlmans in tysons, i coulda pulled some strings for you:) but have fun with her, they sound awesome when you get um going

EPHatchgirl
05-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey man- thank you for the offer- I would have, save the fact that I am a very close friend with a VW dealer.;)

Great minds think alike.:D

I can't wait to do the exhaust mod- you clamp a hose, and the exhaust flap stays open....:angel: :D

HondataEP3
05-10-2004, 11:35 PM
the R32 is infact $29,000, thats before the $5,000 to $10,000 mark-up on this car becuase of its limited quantities...so your actually looking at near $40K for the R32, hopefully you get one...after seeing it in person, it has become my new favorite car...

EPHatchgirl
05-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by HondataEP3
the R32 is infact $29,000, thats before the $5,000 to $10,000 mark-up on this car becuase of its limited quantities...so your actually looking at near $40K for the R32, hopefully you get one...after seeing it in person, it has become my new favorite car...

Hey man, yeah, I have a VW salesman friend who got me an awesome deal- I actually got it for the $29000 invoice.

... and I love it. I can understand why you like it.;)

fsugatorbait
05-11-2004, 05:20 AM
How bout some pics?:cool:

esmith13
05-11-2004, 07:31 AM
if she don't get her ass in gear and post pics - i'ma have to trek to her house and take some myself.....

Which may not be a bad idea ;)

Eric

EPHatchgirl
05-11-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by esmith13
if she don't get her ass in gear and post pics - i'ma have to trek to her house and take some myself.....

Which may not be a bad idea ;)

Eric

Eric, that would be an EXCELLENT idea- I am out of town this weekend, but next weekend I wanted to hang anyway. I want your hi-tech pics.:D

oogy-boogy
05-11-2004, 09:57 AM
Damn Julezzzz.........Nice buy...:eek:

When I picked up the EP it was GTI vs EP for over a month. I had to make a decision...

I can't wait to see some pics.

tony speed
05-12-2004, 12:49 PM
thumbs up. that car is stupendous....i won't say waht i would have gotten for that money though ;)

KimchiBoy_TypeR
05-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Hope you enjoy the R32!!! I went to the VW dealer yesterday to go check them out. They had 3 of them and I must say. It's a pretty badass car and they are fast as hell!!! But for 30,000 (what they where asking for them) I'd rather get an Evoulution or an STi:o IMO I just couldnt justify paying 30,000 for such a small car, the seats are a little to firm also in IMO. Good luck with the VW and can't wait for the pics:D

EPHatchgirl
05-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Yeah, those were my three choices after I ruled out the SRT-4.

There were a couple of things that helped me decide.
1. I am a hatch lover- especially for system sound quality
2. The interior was a superior quality (I love the seats, they are more comfy for me than the STI or the EVO)
3. Buddy works at VW, so I got a great deal
4. Fancy shizzle like the rain sensing wiper blades, heated leather racing seats, trip computer that calculates MPG (etc) and the bodykit and rim combo that came on there stock

I LOVE all three cars, but I had to choose (unfortunately).
:D

gr33nnugz
05-16-2004, 01:19 PM
R32 is a badass car i test drove 1 myself. But for 30k STI would have been a better choice

EPHatchgirl
05-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by gr33nnugz
R32 is a badass car i test drove 1 myself. But for 30k STI would have been a better choice

A better choice for you maybe- if you want a four door sedan that's fast with a so so interior and 90-10 platform awd, go for the Sti.

I wanted the 50-50 based awd hatch with the fancy smancy interior. Either way, they are both bad ass, but the STI wasn't my style- me no likey four doors with trunks.

IIx 03 EP xII
05-16-2004, 06:27 PM
IMO... AWD R32 = loads of protein on the dash!!!! haha... there was a silver one at our dealership... i believe it still is there actually... OHHH MYYYYY!!! AWD owns the WORLD! i cant wait til i get a WRX!!! ohhhhhhhh i just wet my pants.

SiOnTheFly
05-16-2004, 06:49 PM
does anyone know the 1\4 on the R32's....ive been lookin at them but cant find any info on that. thanks for any help in advance.

EPHatchgirl
05-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Hey guys- I know that the R32 does 0-60 in 6.1, only because you have to shift at around 57 MPH into third. I think it was geared to get a better 0-60 KM time, but then the time for 50-70 is un heard of short.

The quarter mile times? I have read of times from 14.2 to 14.9 from different mag reviews. The stage I twin turbo kit brings you around 11.5 or so.... so there are plenty of options out there.

I was impressed by the slalom speeds though- 66mph stock!!
The suspension set up I am looking at brings that up to over 70mph... Auto X here I come!

SiR Medic
05-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Crap...

My condolences on the Si and congrats on the R32...

Nothing else I can say...

:(

Black 02 SI
05-17-2004, 06:48 PM
i saw a bone stock one at atco run a 13.7 at 99mph. 60' was 1.8.

EPHatchgirl
05-18-2004, 03:28 PM
WOWZA!!! ...and I haven't bothered to go to the track because I thought it'd be a waste!!

You just inspired me.

;)

SiOnTheFly
05-18-2004, 09:55 PM
im sure the 50\50 doesnt hurt the 60' much ;)

EPHatchgirl
05-19-2004, 01:33 PM
So now I'll owe you guys pics AND slips.... :D

EPHatchgirl
05-21-2004, 02:06 PM
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_890F.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_885F_001.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_886F.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_887F.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_888F.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_892F.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_893F.jpg

EPHatchgirl
05-21-2004, 02:18 PM
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_896F.jpg
http://www.digitalgumball.com/gallery/albums/album16/MVC_897F.jpg

02SilverSiHB
05-21-2004, 03:17 PM
non of those pics are showing

SinisterCivicSi
05-21-2004, 03:43 PM
try again julie....all i see are big red "X"

GatorBait.
05-21-2004, 05:27 PM
X's here as well.

EPHatchgirl
05-21-2004, 08:33 PM
GOD DAMN THE MIGHTY RED X!!!

HOLD UP- TRY THIS:

Here is an imagestation album of pics... (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286804011)

I know you have to be an imagestation member, but it's the best I can do right now- ;)

estebones
05-21-2004, 08:35 PM
wow definetly a step up from an EP

looks nice and Im jealous!

EPHatchgirl
05-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks mang. I was worried about hatin' cuz it's a dub and all, but it's still a hatch.. glad you like it!

EPHatchgirl
05-21-2004, 08:39 PM
bobdobbs, thanks man- I had posted them, and they showed earlier, at least for me, but now, since I signed back on, they are little evil red X's!! I posted from digitalgumball so it shoulda worked (thanks trent!!) even without being a member of imagestation and all... hmm weird...

oh well...

bobdobbs
05-21-2004, 08:41 PM
bobdobbs, thanks man- I had posted them, and they showed earlier, at least for me, but now, since I signed back on, they are little evil red X's!!
Sorry, deleted it. It looks like you have to be logged into imagestation to see them. I thought you could post from imagestation without logging in. Hmmm....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid117/pb1b15117a126a8471eefd556328febed/f896a553.jpg

EPHatchgirl
05-21-2004, 08:42 PM
I agree- very weird- like I said, the inserted pics above weren't even from imagestation- I have been having problems with pics on here for a while....

but oh well, I've had too much beer to care tonight.

Thanks for trying to help!!:)

bobdobbs
05-21-2004, 08:45 PM
The car looks schaweet by the way. I'm more of a jaydub fan than a veedub fan :cool: but that's a nice car.

Jpax
05-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
The car looks schaweet by the way. I'm more of a jaydub fan than a veedub fan :cool: but that's a nice car.

:rolleyes:

bobdobbs
05-22-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE
:rolleyes:

Yeah, that was pretty gay. :yellm:

EPHatchgirl
05-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs

ahahaha

Jaywagen.... riders wanted...:D

SinisterCivicSi
05-23-2004, 08:27 AM
hey jules... just tell em "pimpin aint easy!" :D ;)