PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have intrax springs?

eggonwheelz
10-16-2002, 08:04 PM
I work at discount tire, and i was trying to order springs for my ep, i was leaning towards the eibach sportlines but in the computer it say that it only lowers 1.4 inch , i thought the sports were more like 2 inches, so my boss found some intrax that lower it 2.2 inches, it sounds good to me, but i have only heard of intrax once or twice, i know eibach makes good springs but 1.4 isn't enough, some one help

02SilverSiHB
10-17-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by eggonwheelz
I work at discount tire, and i was trying to order springs for my ep, i was leaning towards the eibach sportlines but in the computer it say that it only lowers 1.4 inch , i thought the sports were more like 2 inches, so my boss found some intrax that lower it 2.2 inches, it sounds good to me, but i have only heard of intrax once or twice, i know eibach makes good springs but 1.4 isn't enough, some one help
I've heard nothing but bad reviews on intrax. stay clear from them if I were you.

ssvr6
10-17-2002, 05:24 AM
I agree. Eibach, H&R, Neuspeed, etc.. are top names and quality when it comes to suspensions.

Steve

atl-si
10-17-2002, 06:28 AM
Hmm.....When I was asking shops around here how much it would cost to install my coilovers, one shop said that they would only do it if I bought their springs (Intrax) and it would cost $400.00 for install and alignment. I thought about for a second and told them heck no. Now that I think about it I'm glad I didn't thanks to you guys.;)

dustinhurley
10-17-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by atl-si
that they would only do it if I bought their springs (Intrax) and it would cost $400.00 for install and alignment.

Dude, that's just a shitty sales pitch. $400 for install is absolutely rediculous. I suggest Sprint Springs. American made, lifetime guarentee, don't sag a noticable amount, 2" drop all around. I got mine for about $199 and install was about $100. If you have any more questions, I got answers.

atl-si
10-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley

If you have any more questions, I got answers.

Do you know any shops in the Atlanta area that will do install for $100.00?

dustinhurley
10-17-2002, 08:07 AM
No, I live in Ohio. But if there are shops in my little ass town, there has to be some in Atlanta. Just talk to people. Maybe the price was so high because of alignment. I wouldn't get alignment now because your springs will have to settle in which will throw it off. Get one later and save the money.