PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on future mods for my Panda Car

josephwillidog
05-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Hey,

I'm just about to get a bunch of mods from Chuck at Showstoppers, and this is what I've decided as of right now, but I'd like some feedback:

Vis Carbon Fiber Hood.--- I don't know what style hood, I'm almost sure I want an OEM style hood.

Carbon Fiber Spoiler---- I think I want the type-r type. I dunno though.

Eibach Sportlines 1.5 drop--- Hopefully I won't need a camber kit to go with it... I'm rolling on 17' Buddy Club racing rims right now if it helps

DC Sports Header, Ceramic---Nuff said really, should go great with my Injen CAI and Greddy Evo II exhaust I think

Skunk 2 shift knob---It rules...lol

Thanks for your feedback everyone

beechstreet
05-05-2004, 02:55 PM
i wish i could drop an assload of cash into my EP all at once :(

andy
05-05-2004, 02:58 PM
You're in Florida (if your location is correct), get a race header instead of the DC ceramic one. The gains on that are not nearly as good as the race headers that are out.

Other mods are fine, although I'd probably go with front lip+side skirts instead of a CF hood, but body kits aren't really my style, anyways.

josephwillidog
05-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Well, Uncle Sam wanted me to deploy for four months, so I have a nice chunk of change to drop in Katie. Katie being my EP3...lol. Don't flame.

josephwillidog
05-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Andy, wouldnt the Race Header take out my cat? I heard some mods need to be done to get proper fitment. Also, is it TOO loud? I love the sound of my car right now, and I don't want to make it sound like a go-kart...lol

Thanks!

andy
05-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by josephwillidog
Andy, wouldnt the Race Header take out my cat? I heard some mods need to be done to get proper fitment. Also, is it TOO loud? I love the sound of my car right now, and I don't want to make it sound like a go-kart...lol

Thanks!

The DC race header needs an adapter, but any good muffler place can do that. The Jackson racing doesn't (I think). It does replace/remove your catalytic converter.

Not sure about loudness, ask anjapower, he had the jackson racing one on his car (I believe). But you can always add a silencer or whatever and still keep most of your gains.

PAPITUYO326
05-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by andy
The DC race header needs an adapter, but any good muffler place can do that. The Jackson racing doesn't (I think). It does replace/remove your catalytic converter.

Not sure about loudness, ask anjapower, he had the jackson racing one on his car (I believe). But you can always add a silencer or whatever and still keep most of your gains.

anjapower has the comptech one...

anyway the race headers gains are much much more impressive than those of a shorty header. The no cat isnt too big of a deal since we dont get smog tested :) all other mods sound good. post pics when u get it done!!

raceheader does wonders -LINK (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36584)

josephwillidog
05-05-2004, 06:42 PM
PAPITUYO326, so if I got the race header, wouldnt that make my CEL come on? That's annoying. lol. What kind of gains would I get over a standard dc sport header?

Thanks man.