PDA

View Full Version : rear lower strut bar

04SI27893
05-06-2004, 07:49 AM
can anyone tell a major difference with the lower rear tie bar, on the outside, the one you can see from behind the car, and if so does (megan racing) make quality parts?? let me know your opinions on these please...thanks 04si27893

K20A3Si
05-06-2004, 08:11 AM
is the lower tiebar?...i never heard of a lower strut bar....the main bars in the rear of the car are...swaybar, c-pillar bar, towerstrut bar and tiebar....its most likely the tie bar you are talking about.

Btrthnezr3
05-07-2004, 06:59 AM
yeah...a rear lower tie bar is probably what you are thinking of...you can see it from outside the car, goes in between the subframe in the rear below the sway bar. I'm actually looking for one right now. I know that Megan Racing is moving up in the industry and really trying to make a name for themselves. Alot of SpecV guys like them because they make a bunch of stuff for their cars, and are cheaper than some other brands. Anyways, I saw an ebay auction or a rear lower tie bar by Megan Racing but our car is not listed on their site as being an application for their lower tie bar. Maybe we should try to conact them and make sure someone isn't listing it wrong. Or maybe it fits? We need to find out. A lower tie bar is mostly for bling if not attatched to the sway, it's a little extra support but doesn't really do that much unless a sway/tie combo like the Progress bars. Hope this helps.

04SI27893
05-07-2004, 08:10 AM
yea i had heard that it is for bling, unless you had sway too, and yes it helped so now i know that i dont need one, thanks man 04si27893

Dr. Design
05-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Hello,
This is something we have looked into in the past. The given component you are reffering to seems to have minimal effectiveness based on its design and given location. If you look at the mounting point you will notice that the rear lower control arms are mounted via rear cross member. The height of the rear cross member is about 3-4 inches and pretty stout. Yes, there are compression loads between the two rear lower control arms but not enough to need additional bracing between those two points (i.e. bracing a brace). Now it would serve a better purpose if you brace the rear cross member as a complete unit. Under load the rear cross members typically likes to move around. You will have better performance gains by doing that! Most people like the rear lower tie bar because when driving you see it underneath the cars. That will only get you so far on the racetrack though..... Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by 04SI27893
can anyone tell a major difference with the lower rear tie bar, on the outside, the one you can see from behind the car, and if so does (megan racing) make quality parts?? let me know your opinions on these please...thanks 04si27893