PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hood

seattlecivic
05-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi, I bought a used CF hood for my EP. It had fine scuffs or scratches. I thought it could be covered with wax and it would be gone...

I don't have a buffer, but I was wondering if I should buy one and that might make it smoothe? Or should I bring it to a autobody shop and have them respray a new fresh coat and buff it? I want it to look good.

My car looks okay from a distance, but I don't like it when your close. For $200 bucks, I still think it was a good buy. I hope you guys can help out! :-)

seattlecivic
05-08-2004, 01:28 PM
BUMP!

seattlecivic
05-09-2004, 07:16 AM
OPINIONS!?!?!?! BUMP

vasi
05-09-2004, 07:25 AM
How deep are the scrachs if they are not to deep do it your self.

seattlecivic
05-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Awesome, thanks for the reply :) The scratches are very fine. The thing is, I have never used a buffer before. It won't melt the surface would it? How much do those things run for? Should a cheap one work out? I rather do it myself than to pay a shop... then again, I have no idea how much that would cost.

specialblend154
05-17-2004, 10:05 AM
yeah i just got a used one also, but with no scrathes and vented!! haha:). but yeah i was also wondering if there where any specific cleaning technics or should i just was it like i would the rest of the car

DarkSiRacer
05-22-2004, 05:11 PM
If you buff it take your time with it if you can afford it practice on your old hood or find something to practice on. It isnt that hard but it takes time and patience.

seattlecivic
05-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Would there be a certain kind of pad I would use or wax, polish, some kind of solvent? I have never buffed in my life :confused:

DarkSiRacer
05-22-2004, 09:28 PM
yea check the meguiars site... but i saw a buffer at sears and it came with a pad but there are compunds you can get to use with the buffer. tell me how it works for you.

Meguiars has a really nice kit out comes with everything you need and a buffer plus other meguiars products check it out its a good deal

DarkSiRacer

DarkSiRacer
05-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Meguiars Centennial Collection (http://www.meguiars.com/collections/index.cfm?CID=251)

Thats the mother of all car cleaning sets. I hear the buffer is really good.