PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber manifold cover

hatched
05-06-2004, 03:01 PM
I was checking out www.carbontrix.com and was curious if anyone had purchased the manifold cover for our SI? I know these guys make quality stuff cause a buddy of mine got one of their hood vents, which looks pretty wicked.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
$210 for the CF plug and manifold covers is a bit on the expensive side.
Mine look just like those pics and I paid $29 for the pair. :confused:

hatched
05-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Damn that is cheap. How is the weave? You have any pictures installed?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by hatched
Damn that is cheap. How is the weave? You have any pictures installed?

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzQ4NzYyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

eBay...can't beat it...

k20hatch
05-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Hey adam hows the carbon fiber holding up to the heat and stuff! Still looking good?

siver-SI
05-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Hey adam hows the carbon fiber holding up to the heat and stuff! Still looking good?

Forgot about those. Yea how are they holding up?

hatched
05-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzQ4NzYyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

eBay...can't beat it...

Thanks for posting the picture. No offense to you cause you did get a smokin deal, but that weave just isn't clean. If I'm gonna get cf it better look straight. But again you can't beat that price, either way I'd never go to a show with that. I also heard the ones from ebay distort after getting heated up. Has this been a problem for you yet?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by hatched
Thanks for posting the picture. No offense to you cause you did get a smokin deal, but that weave just isn't clean. If I'm gonna get cf it better look straight. But again you can't beat that price, either way I'd never go to a show with that. I also heard the ones from ebay distort after getting heated up. Has this been a problem for you yet?

Well my car is far from "show". The weave is very straight except with a slight swerve near the bolt holes.

I only bought these because the originals cracked during the motor swap, and these were a cheap replacement.

Yes, they are holding up great.
Look like the day I installed them.