PDA

View Full Version : i just pulled a oogy-boogy :(

Black 02 SI
05-07-2004, 05:46 AM
this is the story of another ep that took a crap. i went to the track last night, made one pass missed every gear, i was like uh somethings not right. second run, did a little burnout stopped at the line, and the car stalled. i was like i'm a jackass, i went to start it and it rolled forward, checked to make sure i had the clutch in(and i did of coarse) so i get pushed off the track. i know it's something to do with the clutch, and first thing i guess is master cyl. the clutch never slipped or anything, and i remember people on here that had the master cyl go bad were having grinding problems(which i was). so i call the tow truck(takes 3 hrs to get there) i decide to try it again while i'm waiting, and it works, but the clutch pedal feels like nothing, and after about 3 secs it stops working. so see if i'm correct in my thinking. the cyl is bad, and when it gets heated up it may not hold pressure to engage the clutch, after cooling down it may build up a little pressure allowing it to work for a second. anyway it's at honda, and hopefully its the master cyl cause that covered, if not hello type r, lsd, clutch and flywheel. sorry for the long post, but i needed to vent.

dave

todaCspec
05-07-2004, 05:55 AM
That is one of the bad things about taking it to the tracks, you end up beating the crap out of your car and if your unlucky, you have get a tow truck to come scoop ya. I always ask myself this question before I go racing, "Are you feeling lucky today", then I'm off. Hope all works out for ya.

STP03BlueSI
05-07-2004, 06:35 AM
I though Oogy broke a Motor mount?:confused:

oogy-boogy
05-07-2004, 06:35 AM
LMAO on the title.....:p

First me, then your yard and now this....That poor towing card must be hurtin.... :(

But, hope all goes well for you Dave. It sounds like you have the problem solved from what symptoms you mentioned.

Good luck!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
05-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Sucks man.
Good luck.

PAPITUYO326
05-07-2004, 08:15 AM
that sucks dude

hopefully ur car will be covered

good luck

MugenTypeRep3
05-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Damn! Sorry to hear, Good luck an shit!

k20hatch
05-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Hope everything turns out good for ya mane!! Sorry!

Black 02 SI
05-07-2004, 08:14 PM
i found out from the shop what it was today. it's the clutch, so its not covered. i was gonna go aftermarket and everything, but since my dad got me a hookup its goin brand new stock clutch and flywheel. i just have to buy the parts at cost which is gonna be about $200, and they are gonna do the install for free :) god i love havin my dad work there, hehe. oh yeah i meant pulled a oogy because we both broke at the line and had to be towed home. my AAA membership has gotten used nicely, never gettin rid of that thing. free towing=the shiet.

oberkfell
05-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Well atleast you didn't lock your keys in your car like I did tonight @ Bennigans. Locksmith comes out unlocks the door, but to my dismay the passenger side window is cracked 4 inches. All for the small price of $35.00.

This of course led to the mass consumption of Bass Ale on tap.

BURPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!