PDA

View Full Version : Strut/Tie Bar Help!

Btrthnezr3
05-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Okay guys, I just installed my CTR rear sway bar and I decided I needed some bling for the ride. I know that I want a rear lower tie bar as well as a front and rear strut bar. I know I can find the ebay rear strut bar...that's cool, but I wanted to know what rear lower tie bars and what front strut bars were availible and fit without modification or moving anything? Prices and websites would be great. I've done some searching and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Brands don't matter that much, just something nice. Thanks guys!

Daft Si
05-07-2004, 10:54 AM
The DC ti , the comptec ti, and Mr. Alex front strut will fit without any moding. I would say contact show stoppers for the best price.:D

raiyo
05-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Don't get the ebay rear strut bar, it is mainly for bling. It has some use, but pay more bucks to get something stronger and better.

I'd try to get a one piece strut bar. Main reason for getting a strut bar is for that area not to flex right? 3 piece strut bars allow some flex, however I believe 1 piece will not. Give CARBing a try, but costy. As for a front strut bar, I'll go for Neuspeed. Nice 1 piece strut bar and isn't expensive. As for a rear lower tie, I'd go for the ebay one. It does close to nothing, well... 2 things. One for bling, and the other is to reinforce the rear from the thicker sway bar.

DarkSiRacer
05-08-2004, 10:49 PM
I thought you were going j's racing/mr alex? changing your mind?

Btrthnezr3
05-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Nah, just looking around...trying to see what else everyone has or thinks. I think J's is gonna be where I go...just gotta wait till I get some funds. Not to mention, springs come first!

DarkSiRacer
05-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey Btrthnezr3, what was the difference about the J's Racing and Mr. Alex Bars? I thkn I remember you saying something about color or something???

Btrthnezr3
05-19-2004, 04:38 AM
Yeah, supposidly they are manufactured at the same place and the bars are virtually the same except for the color of the brackets/ends. The Mr. Alex bars have blue brackets while the J's Racing brackets are red. This is what I gather from what people tell me (bmx269, etc) and from what I've seen in pics.

Civicvtec1ps
05-19-2004, 05:49 AM
Cusco rear upper strut bar.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzg3ODc1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

The best rear low tie bar.
= Carbing.
One solid piece design.

Btrthnezr3
05-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Nice. Thanks for the pic!

Gasp23
05-19-2004, 06:35 AM
Btrthnezr3,

Where are you getting the J's Racing and the Alex strut bar? I would like to have some prices since I like the Alex bar but if the Js Racing has red I rather take that.

Hit me a PM or just post with the links.