PDA

View Full Version : Major Dillemia

ShortThrowEP03
05-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Ok to get everyone up to speed, em and my family are going to be moving to Florida in October.. I already own an 03 Civic LX.. Ok so here is my dilemia.... i can wait till Octyober and trade in my Civic and get MY DREAM CAR (EP).. or I could keep the Civic LX, and get a Honda CBR 600..... But I cant gte both... so please leave comments

kidXStreme
05-07-2004, 11:18 AM
i would chose the ep--alot safer...youll probably end up killing yourself with the cbr.

gr8buddha
05-07-2004, 11:46 AM
get an ep... it rains alot down here !

EP-Three
05-07-2004, 11:56 AM
get the Ep, duh!!!

abs0lutz3r0c007
05-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Wouldn't you get a biased answer here? j/p What are you looking for? If you're looking for fun all the time, get the EP. If you want to save your fun for the track or weekends, keep your LX and get the CBR. Just be careful out there with your motorcycle. You get two votes for the EP from me, just because this is an EP forum. :-D

kidXStreme
05-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by abs0lutz3r0c007
Wouldn't you get a biased answer here?

True you will get biased answer---its an ep forum and we want more of them on the road!--but seriously motorcycles are too dangerous--one accident and it might be the only accident you'd ever have---if you know what i mean.

skooba
05-07-2004, 12:33 PM
well, if the ep really is your "DREAM CAR" then I think you answered your own question. Bikes are fun, but not in the cold/rain/snow. I guess since you're moving to FL the only thing you have to worry about then is rain, so its up to you.

oogy-boogy
05-07-2004, 12:45 PM
:: cough :: EP! :: cough ::

But, that's just my biased opinion......:D

k20hatch
05-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Have you taken a look at insurance and stuff on a bike yet? :eek: But anyways my vote goes to the ep! ;)

STP03BlueSI
05-07-2004, 01:30 PM
CBR + Florida old drivers = OWN3D!

bsdbytes
05-07-2004, 02:41 PM
I guess I will be the odd ball, but I would get the CBR. I used to have a bike but sold it. Man do I miss it! Plus think of the great gas mileage you would get. Too bad you can't do the CBR and EP.

kcx23
05-07-2004, 02:51 PM
my ep has a turbo kit and I still would trade it for a cbr anyday. Get the bike but make sure to know your limits and be careful cuz that cbr is a monster on the streets. U can also get a used S2000 and get a good honda with the bike feel of having the open air, cuz that is what I plan to do if I don't get my CBR.

USAFHondaguy
05-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
Have you taken a look at insurance and stuff on a bike yet? :eek: But anyways my vote goes to the ep! ;)

Bike insurance is dirt cheap unless you have accidents, tickets, etc. My vote is for the CBR. Alot faster and funner to ride than an EP hands down....oh no, how dare I say that on this forum.

SilverEpInDc
05-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Get the ep bikes are nice but people dont pay attention on the road enough to have a bike

Siman
05-07-2004, 04:46 PM
DONER CYCLE....

they sound awsome, and are fast....but they KILL..

my friend almost died 4 weeks ago...women pulled out in front of him...he was on a tricked out Honda 929RR....he was soo scared, THAT DAY he traded it for a jeep grand cherokee....go figure...

I dont want to see you in the papers dood, just get the EP;)

evilep3
05-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Siman
DONER CYCLE....

they sound awsome, and are fast....but they KILL..

my friend almost died 4 weeks ago...women pulled out in front of him...he was on a tricked out Honda 929RR....he was soo scared, THAT DAY he traded it for a jeep grand cherokee....go figure...

I dont want to see you in the papers dood, just get the EP;) i hear ya... sad to say that I had a friend die 3 weeks ago on his R6...:'( R.I.P. Ryan Ahlborn
so tell your friend that he made a smart decision.

go with the ep nuff said. :)

Accident: Highway 165 crash victim ID'd

By Mike De La Cruz
MDELACRUZ@MERCEDSUN-STAR.COM

Last Updated: April 27, 2004, 07:45:21 AM PDT

HILMAR -- A Turlock man killed in a motorcycle crash has been identified as Ryan Ahlborn, 23.
Officials withheld his name until relatives could be notified.
Just before 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Ryan, heading north on Highway 165 south of Bradbury Road, slid into a 1992 Chevrolet Blazer that was also northbound, the California Highway Patrol said.
The Blazer's driver, Veronica Boxley, 43, of Newman, was in front of Ryan and had slowed down to about 5 mph to make a left turn into a driveway.
Ryan, whose speed was undetermined, entered the southbound lane of the highway to pass northbound traffic, braked, and slid into the Blazer's left rear end, the CHP said.
California Highway Patrol Officer Mike Kolodziej, who investigated the accident, said Ryan was thrown from his 2003 Yamaha motorcycle and came to rest in the southbound lane. He was pronounced dead at 1:30 p.m.
The officer said traffic was reduced to one lane for about an hour after the accident.
Ryan wore a helmet at the time of the accident, the CHP said.

ecsahs3
05-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
CBR + Florida old drivers = OWN3D!

hahaha. true true. some things to think about. i have a buddy from ruff riders and he was laid out by a car a few months back. his hip was shattered. sucks because he's 25. also, 90% of organ donors are motorcycle victims. there aren't many friends of mine that ride who have not been hit. not trying to be negative, because i want a bike sooo bad. i have a long (but bad) motorcycle dealership story, where i almost bought a bike. it was right in front of me and they blew it. asses. anyways, if your gonna get a bike. make sure your mature enough to handle it and know when and how to ride. all in all. i'd keep the civic and get the cbr in my opinion. thats what i almost bought, a silver/black f4i. but hey, if the ep was your dream car. get your dream car. sorry this was soo long.

Accordexcpe95
05-07-2004, 08:21 PM
CBR > EP3

but becareful though, espeically if u are new to bikes, 600cc is fast, 350+lb with 100+hp, i jus lost control today goin thru a turn (one way road), the bike didn't turn where i wanted n it went straight (rear tire is like riding on ice) to the oppsosite lane, luckly there was a small road i can go in, otherwise i would hit the guard rail. n shit a car was coming too. damn i was scared, but right after i hit 10000+rpm, i just forget what had happened :p

ShortThrowEP03
05-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks Everyone For The Reply... My Decision Is............. I am still looking at the CBR, just waiting to see if I can get a loan out.. if not then I am not going to get the CBR and just wait for the EP in October... And maybe down the road I can get the CBR.. But I dont know... Thanks For The REPLY'S

And Sorry For All Those People Who Have Lost Someone Due To A Motorcycle accident.. I Send Prayers!

Exit117K20
05-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Sell the LX, get a used 98 CBR (ltd. ed. black, maroon, gold paint) and a EBP 99 Si...just my .02

!@#$%
05-09-2004, 11:31 AM
unless you have access to an actual track, get the ep. I'd love to get a honda 600 and take some professional racing lessons.

f4hondaphile
05-09-2004, 11:55 AM
I like my EP a lot but my CBR is definitely more fun than just about ANY car. Absolutely you should get the bike. Y

You'll never regret it, I am always glad I chose to buy a motorcycle instead of heavily modding my old Accord b/c you simply get so much more enjoyment out of the motorcycle.

But don't forget to spend some cash on a great helmet, gloves, riding jacket with armor in it--don't penny pinch on this stuff, expect to spend over $350 for a good helmet (deals on ebay for Arai, make sure you get one really tight so it doesn't pop off in a crash) and about that much for gloves and armored jacket together. And if you get the bike, most importantly, be careful out there--watch out for the cars because even an errant Geo Metro can really fuck up your day if you what I mean.

milanoep3
05-09-2004, 06:29 PM
I really enjoy my EP, but man alive, I can not even begin to describe how I enjoy riding my TL1000R. During the summer it is my daily commuter and I wouldn't have it any other way. The only advice I can give is if you are serious about motorcycling and this is your first bike, look at an older 600 or a GS500 or an EX500. You can learn a lot better on a more forgiving (i.e. lower HP) bike, just my opinion mind you. I started out on a 1982 Yamaha Seca 550, and it was still a blast to ride! Either way, both choices are great. Me I'd lean towards the bike :D Ride Safe and Wear Gear!

Type X
05-09-2004, 06:39 PM
put a k series motor in your LX

PAPITUYO326
05-09-2004, 08:13 PM
get the ep ...it rains alot down here

or like type x said...swap a k20 in that lx and call it a day

raiyo
05-09-2004, 09:26 PM
keep the LX and boost it. that'll kill a stock ep anyday.