PDA

View Full Version : ~~~~ Solaris H4 Super Extreme HID (review)

Mr_Sinister
05-08-2004, 09:46 AM
I am gonna shoot thru this review quick, its pretty to the point... and I was suprised

Brightness/Projection
=80%
These bulbs project light extremely well, The low beam on this bulb was extremely bright, and by some standards it could be considered to bright, this may be due to the 90/100 watt rating of course. But they are one of the brightest (head on looking) bulbs I have ever seen, they project on to the road well in pure dark and street lighting situations. High Beam was great on the wall test as well. Extremly bright lights here (for there class) and you are sure not to mistake this or even compare this to your stock lights, they are 2 steps up. But slightly to much if you ask me for my liking.

Color/Style/Night time look
=60%

If your looking for color tint, look else where, there bulbs are white, and I mean english white lol jokin, but all jokes aside these are really bright bulbs.... and I was suprised that they looks whiter then the Silverstars I drove with for a few weeks.

Be warned though, these bulbs are NOT!!!! DOT or SAE approved, and to be honest, I think a cop having a bad day with these in his review mirror might just give you a hard time for brightness. lol jokin, but they are bright.

Value/Price
=60%

Was it worth the price of 70$ Canadian, be warned though, that these have been known to melt wiring, ensure your electrical system for your headlights can handle these. Other then that you should be fine, their durability is fair going buy a friends opinion, so I can't testify to the life span. These bulbs are pricey as well, if your looking to a so so alternative look to the reliable and good overall bulb of Siliverstars. by Sylvania

Pics soon to come

03silverEP
05-13-2004, 02:41 PM
careful man, I ran 90/100's in my delSol for 1.5 years then the lights started blinking on and off, i then found out that the harnesses had melted and one bulb was fused to the socket, I had to cut the wiring out and go to a junkyard to get 2 h4 sockets and then re wire them in (note h4 sockets from any car will work) big pain in the aassss

HgSi
05-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
careful man, I ran 90/100's in my delSol for 1.5 years then the lights started blinking on and off, i then found out that the harnesses had melted and one bulb was fused to the socket, I had to cut the wiring out and go to a junkyard to get 2 h4 sockets and then re wire them in (note h4 sockets from any car will work) big pain in the aassss

Ditto.