PDA

View Full Version : best way to clean towels?

siver-SI
05-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Well after a few washes my towels are looking like crap. The reason they are white. So what I am wondering can I bleach these towels with out having a reaction to any of the cleaning products. The towels over all are in good shape it is that they are just dirty and have grim in them that soap is not getting off.

RedLight_Si
05-08-2004, 11:01 PM
You definetly dont want to bleach them. That will leave a chemical residue on the towels and do a good job of scratching the paint up next you use them. If they are that bad,you should think about retiring them and go out and buy new ones. 100% cotton white "name brand" terry cloth towels that are made in the USA is what you should use. You should also make it a habit of washing your towels right after you use them so the junk of them doesnt have much time to set(usually within 12 hours). You should use All Free Clear (no added dyes or perfumes) liquid detergent and run them through the rinse cycle twice to make sure their is no leftover residue. There is more info on this site:Zaino Bros. (http://www.zainostore.com/)
If you havent already been using this stuff,I highly recommend it. Its the only stuff I use.

fatathaland
06-21-2004, 05:54 PM
One tip: Be sure not to let any fabric softner sneak in with those towels...can leave residue on windows & paint.

Chinaboy
06-23-2004, 02:43 PM
I always take my towels to a coin op laundermat... so then the wax and particals will be gathered in their machines.... so it don't mess up my washer at home :p

Juss clean them with regular detergent. Don't bleach... if they start to feel out raggy, save them for rags... cleaning rims or exhaust tips, or even the interior of the car...

Don't bleach as the others have said.... other than that you should be fine.

elpasoep
06-02-2008, 01:58 PM
just clean your towels with soap and vinegar to get rid off the excess soap thats all you need thats what we used to do in the car wash that i worked at

3dkahuna
06-25-2008, 01:02 PM
I try to wash my towels with no bleach and I let them air dry. I buy a new pack to towels every so often when they show signs of aging/prolonged use. I usually by the vroom microfiber towels from target they are fairly cheap and seem to do a good job.

Mickey
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Boil them for like 5 mins with a detergent and rinse with cold runnign water.

oldschoolimport
06-25-2008, 02:57 PM
use them, and pass them down. when a wash towel gets bad, make it a shop towel. when its too nasty to be a shop towel, make it an oil change towel. just keep buying cheap towels and cycle them down.

Chad
06-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I wash in the washer, VERY LITTLE SOAP, no softner, if they aren't that bad NO SOAP.