PDA

View Full Version : New body kit unvieled at SEMA

Dr. Design
10-17-2002, 05:54 PM
Hello all,
We just wanted to make sure if there is anyone who will be going to this years SEMA show in Vegas to come check out the new body kit on our Si in the Intrax Booth.
Thank you,

SmoothOperator
10-17-2002, 05:58 PM
How about letting us get an "exclusive" look at it? I'm dying to see what's coming out in terms of body styling.

Dr. Design
10-18-2002, 09:35 AM
Hello,
We would love to show it but we can't right now. However as soon as SEMA is over we will post pictures of the kit. It will also be ready to sale shortly after the show. Just think REAL CLEAN! The design was done in good taste. Nothing gaudey.
Thank you,

Originally posted by SmoothOperator
How about letting us get an "exclusive" look at it? I'm dying to see what's coming out in terms of body styling.

02SilverSiHB
10-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Design
Hello,
We would love to show it but we can't right now. However as soon as SEMA is over we will post pictures of the kit. It will also be ready to sale shortly after the show. Just think REAL CLEAN! The design was done in good taste. Nothing gaudey.
Thank you,

that's good news to hear it's done with good taste and not gaudey. I can't wait to see it

CleanBlackSi02
10-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Is the kit used in conjunction with our factory bumpers, or is it a complete new bumper? I can't wait to see it!

Beachya
10-20-2002, 07:02 PM
If I'm thinking straight, HKS said they were announcing the price of their turbo there...please get all the goodies you can and what it's costing with the return fuel system...thanx!! pics too if ya can.

latas,

d.

02SilverSiHB
10-20-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
Is the kit used in conjunction with our factory bumpers, or is it a complete new bumper? I can't wait to see it!
:D I want to see it soooo bad. 5th of november is just too far. He needs to give us a sneak peak at least :D

SmoothOperator
10-20-2002, 08:35 PM
I just watched "Hi Rev Tuners", and they were at SEMA. They showed the APC Civic Type-R. The dumbass chick said it was the ONLY Type-R in the U.S. Not only that it had those terrible tail lights on it....and a chalkboard paintjob. Yes that's right, CHALKBOARD. You can take chalk and draw or write on it. :rolleyes: Apparently hotwheels is coming out with an EP diecast model (exactly like the real APC civic) And they include chalk so you can paint flames and crap on it. how GAY!

That show makes me sick. But I'm really bored at work so.....

Si-Rican
10-20-2002, 08:58 PM
that was last years show it wasn't new

Dr. Design
10-22-2002, 10:58 AM
Hello,
We have used the factory bumpers and added on our lip kit. The kit that will be seen at the SEMA show is all carbon fiber. We are planning on releasing an all fiberglass version also.
Thank you,

Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02

AkronSi
10-22-2002, 12:49 PM
I can't wait to see this kit. :p

02blksi
10-22-2002, 05:26 PM
DR.DESIGN, any chance once this kit is released you can give us a groupbuy rate for it ? like an EPHATCH discount? for the members? Can you hint at what the kit looks like? Is it (hopefully) a type r replica kit? --thanks --joe :)

2k2civicSi
10-22-2002, 07:34 PM
ummm carbon fiber i want to see the kit but not the price i will most likly get it for the fact that it wont need to be painted

CleanBlackSi02
10-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Hello,
We have used the factory bumpers and added on our lip kit. The kit that will be seen at the SEMA show is all carbon fiber. We are planning on releasing an all fiberglass version also.
Thank you,

Damn, I was hoping for a complete bumper that doesen't have the reflectors and 5 mph bumper contour! Oh well, I'm still very interested to see it!

Dr. Design
10-23-2002, 05:47 PM
Hello,
We will have to see about a group buy rate, but we might be able to have an introductory price? We will let you knwo shortly after SEMA. Hint??? Our theme for the car is JDM with a aggressive twist! That is about all I can say. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Also if there is a person that can post pics of the kit please let us know. We will send that person pics to post during SEMA.
Thank you,

Originally posted by 02blksi
DR.DESIGN, any chance once this kit is released you can give us a groupbuy rate for it ? like an EPHATCH discount? for the members? Can you hint at what the kit looks like? Is it (hopefully) a type r replica kit? --thanks --joe :)

myeverlovinsir
10-23-2002, 05:50 PM
You know the more that I want this the more I want to do it!
End the SEMA show and lets have it, have been waiting for the
JDM ver. 1.0 bring it on!

My Ever lOVING SIR...:p

02blksi
10-23-2002, 05:57 PM
Dr. design I CAN post the pics for you as soon as you make them available. my email is:

rawdigga@hotmail.com

send them my way and ill post them for you.

Also any idea what this kit is gonna go for when its avail, just a guestimate nothing written in stone. just want to know if i need to save my pennies --joe :)

Dr. Design
10-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Hello,
Thank you for your support. The pics will be emailed to that address as soon as SEMA rolls around. Once the show starts we will send them to you for you to post.
As far as the price. We have no idea what the final price will be set at. We were looking at under 1K for the fiberglass and over 1K for the full carbon version. I know that this doesn't help too much, but it will give you an idea. We will talk to you soon.
Thank you,

Originally posted by 02blksi
Dr. design I CAN post the pics for you as soon as you make them available. my email is:

rawdigga@hotmail.com

send them my way and ill post them for you.

Also any idea what this kit is gonna go for when its avail, just a guestimate nothing written in stone. just want to know if i need to save my pennies --joe :)

02blksi
10-23-2002, 06:11 PM
Ill be waiting! Resonable prices. Mmmmm Carbon Fiber!

-joe :)

02SilverSiHB
10-24-2002, 06:10 PM
Hey Dr. Design. Do you think Wings West will make a knock off buddy club kit, like they did with the other civics. I think they called it Tuner kits
http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/410/434_l.jpg

RacingCivicSi02
10-30-2002, 10:28 PM
any new words yet

Dr. Design
10-31-2002, 10:41 AM
Hello,
There are no new updates as of now. However the closer we get to SEMA the closer we get to showing you all pictures of our demo car. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

IceD out N CALI
10-31-2002, 10:28 PM
can't wait to see this kit:p

ballsdeep
11-01-2002, 11:26 AM
I just watched "Hi Rev Tuners", and they were at SEMA. They showed the APC Civic Type-R. The dumbass chick said it was the ONLY Type-R in the U.S. Not only that it had those terrible tail lights on it....and a chalkboard paintjob. Yes that's right, CHALKBOARD. You can take chalk and draw or write on it. :rolleyes: Apparently hotwheels is coming out with an EP diecast model (exactly like the real APC civic) And they include chalk so you can paint flames and crap on it. how GAY!

That show makes me sick. But I'm really bored at work so.....

I couldnt agree with you more that show pisses me off, bad camera angles, hosts that dont know shit, and riced out cars. Yet I still watch it whats wrong with me. At least they got rid of that freakin kid he annoyed me. I would rather have chicks that dont know shit about cars then those other 2 ass clowns.

ballsdeep
11-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
Hey Dr. Design. Do you think Wings West will make a knock off buddy club kit, like they did with the other civics. I think they called it Tuner kits
http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/410/434_l.jpg

I thought I saw somewhere on this site that Wingswest already has a kit I dont know if its a buddy club knock off. The poster said that he was at there store and they had it on display but would not let him take pictures. They said it would be at SEMA

Dr. Design
11-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Hello All,
Here is a sneak peek of the kit. Please let us know if you have any questions. Please remember we will be at SEMA so it will be hard for us to answer questions.
Thank you.

myeverlovinsir
11-01-2002, 05:51 PM
focus focus focus dam, what is that? You bloddy tease.:mad:

Dr. Design
11-01-2002, 06:09 PM
We will try to post pics from SEMA during the show. Ofcourse they will be all un-blured!
Thank you,

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
focus focus focus dam, what is that? You bloddy tease.:mad:

SmoothOperator
11-01-2002, 06:25 PM
Damn that front lip looks aggressive. I like! What's with the headlight? Looks like a projection light.

IceD out N CALI
11-01-2002, 06:54 PM
doesnt look bad so far. cant wait for the real pics:o

2k2civicSi
11-01-2002, 07:03 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh head lights we need some aftermarket head lights bad

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2002, 08:40 PM
Hello All,
Here is a sneak peek of the kit. Please let us know if you have any questions. Please remember we will be at SEMA so it will be hard for us to answer questions.
Thank you.
oh hell yeah! I can tell I'm going to like this kit. The lip looks suttle like the ctr one, but a little better, imo. Kinda like the ctr lip for the 96-98 Tsunami offers. The side skirts look great.

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2002, 08:43 PM
Damn that front lip looks aggressive. I like! What's with the headlight? Looks like a projection light.
looks like the headlight is one of those projectors with angel eyes.
http://www.x3racing.com/headlights/01-02HCivicBCProj_ya.jpg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871510127

2k2SiGuy
11-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Hope so..........

IceD out N CALI
11-01-2002, 08:55 PM
hope they make projectors like that for our car

myeverlovinsir
11-01-2002, 08:58 PM

this stuff is no good to us, why even show it, give us something
we can all use, EP is our name.

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

this stuff is no good to us, why even show it, give us something
we can all use, EP is our name.
:D actually I hear projectors suck anyway, so I wouldn't and even sweat it over getting some of these

2k2civicSi
11-01-2002, 09:16 PM
why dont you guys like projectors

IceD out N CALI
11-01-2002, 09:20 PM
I like projectors:)

02SilverSiHB
11-01-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
why dont you guys like projectors
I think they look great, but I know from a lot of people who have had them and complain about how the lights are always screwed up when driving at night. bulbs blowing all the time, etc

2k2civicSi
11-01-2002, 09:39 PM
what kinda bulbs do they use

its raining
11-02-2002, 01:15 AM
drool! if that kit looks that good when its blurry, just imagine how good it will look when its not blurry!

CleanBlackSi02
11-02-2002, 10:44 AM
Dr. Design...why must you tease us!? Tell us more about those lights! Something your company will be manufacturing? We need non blurry pics!! :D

66elwood99
11-02-2002, 03:32 PM
How much longer must we have to wait :'(
I can't take it :mad:

Please post pixs :angel:

!@#$%
11-02-2002, 10:40 PM
woah.....cf lip kit has badass written all over it :eek:

Jontis
11-04-2002, 02:15 AM
SHOW US SOME REAL GOD D*MN PICS!
i really wanna see... plz. :)

TightEP3
11-04-2002, 12:26 PM
hmmmm, from wat it looks like in the blurry pics, the lip looks a little like a dtm/touring lip....not my taste....and those lights are kinda gay as well....angel eyes belong on bmw's, not civics!

DownTheHatch
11-04-2002, 02:22 PM
So it's a lip kit, looks very clean.

Everyone, those are stock headlights. They just have been painted black and a projector has been inserted and mounted. Lots of people do this, they will stick an Audi or BMW projector on each headlight.

As for aftermarket projectors, the ones made by Denji for the 92-95 civic look very good no doubt, but the light is insufficient, it's like a candle compared to stock headlights. If you went with an OEM projector and modified it to fit in the stock headlamp unit you would get alot better light, especially if it's HID.

Dr. Design, let me know if you want to advertise and sell your lip kit on ephatch.

02blksi
11-04-2002, 06:45 PM
Thats the way DTH !! Dr.Design let us get a groupbuy going for your kit!! Im intrested looks nice.

SubliminalSi
11-04-2002, 08:13 PM
Cant one of you computer geeks refine that pic to make it any clearer?

cbecker333
11-05-2002, 05:59 PM
Oooohhhh .......ooooohhhh.l.....sdfehehfhhfhad..aaaaggghhh. ....God damn that fuzzy pic. It made me squirm around and groan for like 40 seconds. that should be my car...and it shouldn't be fuzzy. I'm gonna go squirm and groan and look at this pic some more....

By the way I think the reason they cant film bigfoot is cuz he's blurry - thats the problem. its not the camera or the lenz, man its a big blurry monster running around...wow that is extra scary.....Get out of here! RUN! HE'S BLURRY!

EKON
11-06-2002, 11:48 AM
has anyone gotten any pics of the D3Design Bodykit yet, and does anyone know exactly why the CTR rear lower lip doesn't fit the Si....if so please reply.:rolleyes:

CleanBlackSi02
11-06-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by EKON
has anyone gotten any pics of the D3Design Bodykit yet, and does anyone know exactly why the CTR rear lower lip doesn't fit the Si....if so please reply.:rolleyes:
Welcome to ephatch! The CTR lip does not fit because the USDM EP's have a larger bumper. Check out the search feature in the future...this topic has been discussed dozens of times.

NamingException
11-06-2002, 02:38 PM
Dustinhurly pointed this out in a different thread:

http://www.boomplustoys.net/semashow/images/semashow037.jpg

Kinda hard to see what's going on, the lighting sucks.

HK_EP3
11-06-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by NamingException

WOW!!! is that the car in the blurr??? when did this pic came out??? OMG THAT LOOKS TITE!!!!! MUST BUY!!!

02SilverSiHB
11-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by NamingException

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this:
http://www.tsunami1.com/images/HAC8001.jpg
it's a tsunami front lip for 96-00 civics. It's basically the same as the CTR lip, but bigger, kinda like in that pic of the ep with a ctr lip, but bigger. I like that kit. It looks suttle. Wish I could see the rear

HK_EP3
11-06-2002, 02:47 PM
so is the kit out yet? When is SEMA over, todya the last day?

IceD out N CALI
11-06-2002, 03:56 PM
looking good so far, but the lighting makes it hard to see it well.

william
11-06-2002, 07:15 PM
i'd buy it, hopefully its not only out in carbonfiber, if it comes in a more affordable material, it goes on my christmass list. Post some prices and when and were it will be availiable. thanks
;)

SmoothOperator
11-06-2002, 07:44 PM
He mentioned in another thread, that it would be available in Fiberglass also.

its raining
11-06-2002, 08:03 PM
wow, that kit looks soooo good. simple yet elegant. i like the white/black combo. i wanna make a replicate! :D

2fastcivic
11-07-2002, 01:29 AM
Dr. Design

any prices on the kits yet?

atl-si
11-07-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by 2fastcivic
Dr. Design

any prices on the kits yet?
Yeah, how much? Confirm for us.

yomamaInMySi
11-07-2002, 07:37 AM
I think he said some thing like under 1k for the fiber and over 1k for the carbon. The quotes (not official numbers) on the kit is in this same thread like on page 1 or 2.

atl-si
11-07-2002, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the info but a finally price would be nice.

2k2SiGuy
11-07-2002, 08:27 AM
Any news about those projector headlamps?????

yomamaInMySi
11-07-2002, 08:28 AM
We need to wait for Dr. Design and every body to come back from SEMA, so they can determine the price. I just gave you a starting point (actually Dr. Design did). It will probably be couple of months before there's anything out there, so realistically expect things to happen next year.:'(

o2seriouSi
11-08-2002, 01:15 AM
now that sema is over how about a price,or better yet a group buy price

cbecker333
11-08-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by o2seriouSi
now that sema is over how about a price,or better yet a group buy price

Hehe..you said "rice"...hehe....

CaLi2k2Si
11-10-2002, 04:51 PM
hey all im new here...
Here are some pics from the SEMA show..... i want this kit sooo bad!!!!!
Check out all the crazy stuff they have for the EP's
i think you guys will enjoy this

http://www.boomplustoys.net/semashow/

Dr. Design
11-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Hello All,
Well.... SEMA was a huge hit for our new products for the Ep. Most of you are asking about the kit and the headlights. Well the kit will be availble from Fiberimages. They will set the price and the kits should be ready very soon. Please contact fiberimages @ 661-274-9500. FYI they might be looking at doing a package deal with thier hood as well. If there are any questions about the lit please let us know. By the way, we are currenty working on a wing as well. The kit that you see in the picture is the full carbon fiber kit. There will be kit availible in fiberglass for those of you who are interested.

So FIBERIMAGES your support for the kit by contacting them!

Thank you,

yomamaInMySi
11-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Dr. Design, any idean on the release date for the carbon fiber kits to be ready? Also how about the lights? Thanks!

IceD out N CALI
11-11-2002, 12:05 PM
sounds good :)

02SilverSiHB
11-11-2002, 12:41 PM
Hello All,
Well.... SEMA was a huge hit for our new products for the Ep. Most of you are asking about the kit and the headlights. Well the kit will be availble from Fiberimages. They will set the price and the kits should be ready very soon. Please contact fiberimages @ 661-274-9500. FYI they might be looking at doing a package deal with thier hood as well. If there are any questions about the lit please let us know. By the way, we are currenty working on a wing as well. The kit that you see in the picture is the full carbon fiber kit. There will be kit availible in fiberglass for those of you who are interested.

So FIBERIMAGES your support for the kit by contacting them!

Thank you,
sweet! I'm getting that kit, that's sooooo me. Now I just need to figure out if I want carbon fiber or just get fiberglass and paint it too match...... hhhmmmmm

yomamaInMySi
11-11-2002, 12:45 PM
I'm getting it too and I am going carbon. The can do kevlar too, but it will cost you:eek:

02SilverSiHB
11-11-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
I'm getting it too and I am going carbon. The can do kevlar too, but it will cost you:eek:
well if you scan down on this link you'll see our car listed, so they aren't slackin :D no real price yet: http://www.fiberimages.com/price.htm

2fastcivic
11-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Dr. Design

do you know how low that Si is dropped?

02SilverSiHB
11-11-2002, 08:34 PM
Dr. Design

intrax is the spring used, so I think that's a 2.0" drop. Intrax isn't the greatest spring....so I've heard

02SilverSiHB
11-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Dr. Design

now that I think about it, I bet that's a 2.5" dropped. Intrax offers sport (2.0") and super sport (2.5") springs. I've seen a ep with 2.0 drop and that pic looks a little lower

o2seriouSi
11-13-2002, 01:41 AM
Dr. D that kit is soooooooo seriouSi i need to know when u get the price 4 the fiberglass kit asap. i love that aggresive jdm look............

o2seriouSI@aol.com

Dr. Design
11-21-2002, 01:56 PM
Hello,
We do not have a price yet for the fiberglass. We should have in a few months. Please check back with us for updates.
Thank you,