PDA

View Full Version : IM back guys!!! with a 04!

Chinaboy
05-08-2004, 08:58 PM
I posted in california section... but i will spread the news here too! If you remember, i rolled my ep two months ago... but...

hey! i juss picked up a new si this weekend... I really could not believe the price.

17,500 that is pretty good eh?

04 Si Taffeta White... what else to say? im back guys, gimmie a hug!

RIP hampster....

welcome hampster II...

btw, the spoon axelback is not for sale anymore =D

later guys

Civicvtec1ps
05-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Awesome.
Congrats on new car.

Ep3 No.2
05-08-2004, 09:10 PM
for the 2nd time
welcome back ! =O)

SubliminalSi
05-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Now theres a true ephatcher if ive ever seen one. Welcome back

civicSIracer
05-08-2004, 09:18 PM
true EP love.
i get all teary-eyed.:sadm:
lol
you had a black one b4 right?

raiyo
05-08-2004, 09:29 PM
dude, why..... just why? why..........

Peking
05-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
dude, why..... just why? why..........

Why say why? and congrats on the new SI again :D

raiyo
05-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Why say why? and congrats on the new SI again :D

Cuz I want a different car and that boy be getting another Si, heheh. I told him to buy from me, but he didn't.

PAPITUYO326
05-08-2004, 10:11 PM
congrats dude...

a true ephatcher

nice deal too!!

Chinaboy
05-09-2004, 01:48 AM
because, one... i still love the car, two, the RSX base suck, and my insurance can't afford a 04 RSX-S... and i love my epatchers man.

+ for 17,500... I can't really go wrong right?

BarracksSi
05-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Chinaboy
RIP hampster....

welcome hampster II...

Heh... like the Simpsons' cat, Snowball II (and remember the episode where they kept getting new cats, and they'd get killed somehow, working all the way up to Snowball V before Lisa says, "But to save money on a new food dish, we'll just call you Snowball II and pretend that all this never happened.").

When my '86 DX hatch got totaled in 1995, I held out on buying a replacement until the last minute when I found an '86 Si. I'm just a Civic hatch guy, too, I guess.

fsugatorbait
05-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the repeat buyers club. :cool:

Chinaboy
05-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait

thanks so I take it that you are int he repeat buyers club too eh?

I mean we got a wonderful car, it is great, and its pretty rare around here where I live... so its cool... I love my ep

dc5-K20A3
05-09-2004, 02:26 PM
because, one... i still love the car, two, the RSX base suck, and my insurance can't afford a 04 RSX-S... and i love my epatchers man.

+ for 17,500... I can't really go wrong right?

Errmmm...So the rsx base "sucks" yet the EP hatch is so much better? Can you explain the reasoning behind this?

Chinaboy
05-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by dc5-K20A3
Errmmm...So the rsx base "sucks" yet the EP hatch is so much better? Can you explain the reasoning behind this?

sorry.. let me explain... what i ment was.. the base RSX and the Si are comparatively the same car, more or so, but mean while, no one would ever sell a base RSX for 17,500... so respectively, the RSX is shit, if it isn't a Type -S regardless... and the Si juss look so much better :D

maybe its my personal preferance... but if there was a comparison, base RSX should be out of the picture, only the SI and the S are the main models of the playground.

psylovibe
05-09-2004, 04:13 PM
and the Si juss look so much better :D

i agree! ep3 looks so much better if they had the type r out here i bet that shit would be sellin much more than the type s.

civicracer1128
05-09-2004, 04:20 PM
i agree, ep is better looking for sure. hers the thing... rsx is easier on the eyes in all stock form. but honestly, an ep whith wheels and a drop looks so good with just that little amount of work its worth just buying one in the beginning. IMO an ep with wheels and drop looks much better than any RSX around. i also thing we got the better interior:eek: :D

Chinaboy
05-09-2004, 04:22 PM
yeah man, i would not get that ugly ass interior of a color on a base white RSX... that juss sucks... i mean

with a premium white pearl paint job type S, I guess i can let the interior slide... but other than that... good luck man.

dc5-K20A3
05-09-2004, 04:24 PM
I find it ironic how you come to the conclusion that the base rsx is "shit" compared to the SI. It's also funny how you regard the SI and the Type-S as the "main models in the playground". The only valid point i can see in your argument is based on looks. Looks are subjective, and for every person that likes the way the EP looks, i can probably find 2 more who find the RSX more appealing.

Oh well, this IS an EP hatch forum after all...besides, i'm enjoying my Automatic Climate Control ::grin::

http://home.comcast.net/~joker331/front.jpg

Chinaboy
05-09-2004, 04:41 PM
well first of all, im not here to bash the RSX man, im on crsx and i got buddys that have them, and they agree with me...

for 17,500, for a NEW 04 si WHITE SI with BLACK interior, any given day, for a 19,300 for a NEW 04 WHITE RSX with Titanium (cream color)... in response... BOTH same in performance and numberwise... off by a bit, but each have their own... the SI is definately the car to buy... i love the way the RSX looks too, don't get me wrong...

and uhh... don't worry im enjoying my TSX... which incidentally, every bit of your base RSX, and much more :D

And common bro, if it was not for the TypeS RSX... who'd pay for the same amount of performance and less headroom for a Acura RSX... we are talking about Honda Junkies... JDMd out...

17,500 <------- and someone will go lower than i did sooner or later. To 19,300 on a RSX base.. plus all the extra 400 dollars for insurance over the Si with the RSX base... (famers quote for me) I think the si has won that battle.

BarracksSi
05-09-2004, 04:44 PM
I like how they both look, really. I even prefer the look of the RSX without the rear spoiler -- it's really, really clean.

With the base RSX being so mechanically similar to the Si, though, the Si's features -- large hatch area, nice interior, great shifter, etc. -- win me over. Offer me an RSX-S and an Si, though, and I'll have to think a little bit more.

But, put that A2 (or K20A, or even K24 block, K20 head.. lol) in the Si, and I wouldn't even consider any version of the RSX.

Of course, my choice is heavily influenced by my owning tubas that need transportation.. lol

icegrill
05-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait

I believe I'm the founder of this club;)

Ep3 No.2
05-09-2004, 05:10 PM
we got a lot of ep pride in this post lol

dc5-K20A3
05-09-2004, 05:15 PM
well, it's great that you purchased your SI for 17,500, though keep in mind that MSRP on the SI is really 19,000. SIs used to go for pretty cheap around my area a while back, but since demand for the car is now up, you'd be hard pressed to find one close to invoice price.

Basically, we are comparing two very similar cars and it all boils down to personal preference. Being that you own an SI and all, it's really understandable which side your bias leans towards. One of my best friends has an EP and there are some things which i really like about his car (ie: seats). But then again, i have absolutely no regrets about having my car.

I love the gauges, transmission, and overall look and feel of my car. It also comes down to really trivial things which one doesn't think about when picking a car. I like how the mugen replica strut bars fit my car perfectly, i like how the engine bay is not as cramped as my friend's SI. (Installation of motor mounts took me 2 hours on my car, compared to the 5+ hours on the SI)

just food for thought...

audomatik
05-09-2004, 08:49 PM
i like how my car doesn't blend in with the rest of the sheep ;)

Mugen Power
05-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the Fastest Color Club. :D

Chinaboy
05-09-2004, 10:02 PM
well, it's great that you purchased your SI for 17,500, though keep in mind that MSRP on the SI is really 19,000. SIs used to go for pretty cheap around my area a while back, but since demand for the car is now up, you'd be hard pressed to find one close to invoice price.

Basically, we are comparing two very similar cars and it all boils down to personal preference. Being that you own an SI and all, it's really understandable which side your bias leans towards. One of my best friends has an EP and there are some things which i really like about his car (ie: seats). But then again, i have absolutely no regrets about having my car.

I love the gauges, transmission, and overall look and feel of my car. It also comes down to really trivial things which one doesn't think about when picking a car. I like how the mugen replica strut bars fit my car perfectly, i like how the engine bay is not as cramped as my friend's SI. (Installation of motor mounts took me 2 hours on my car, compared to the 5+ hours on the SI)

just food for thought...

i can def, agree with you on many points... and the rsx is a fine car, but the bias i have against it, merely is that for the same car, im paying about 1300 for some minor conviences... like engine room, and what not if i need to work on my car, or its 4% higher than of SI in it residual value... I mean of course, i can say, oh well spoon parts fit well in my car, and im a small enough chinaman to work around the car... either way...

see this is what i like...
friendly people who can talk about different cars and shit, this is why ephatch got good members, dc5, you a good man, i think u one of the many people on the board, who are mature and we can talk on a online courtesy manner... all the e-thugs out there its hard to find a couple of good bloaks to talk to

that is why ephatch is nice... we got good members and no e-thugs.... lol

its good to be back *sigh* sit back in lazy chair

dc5-K20A3
05-09-2004, 11:04 PM
heh. /agrees
welcome back to ephatch

oogy-boogy
05-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Nice to see you back...

What an EP faithul:eek:

freidaddy
05-10-2004, 04:01 AM
Welcome back, you are a true ep faithful.

Videodrone
05-10-2004, 06:32 AM
sorry.. let me explain... what i ment was.. the base RSX and the Si are comparatively the same car, more or so, but mean while, no one would ever sell a base RSX for 17,500... so respectively, the RSX is shit, if it isn't a Type -S regardless... and the Si juss look so much better :D

maybe its my personal preferance... but if there was a comparison, base RSX should be out of the picture, only the SI and the S are the main models of the playground.

I second that! And would you rather buy a base RSX and always be going "man... if only it was a type S..." for all the time you have it or get the top of the line Civic for $17,500? Not to mention the fact that when you start loading up the base with options it wouldn't be worth getting a loaded base when the S is only like a 1k-2k more and by then it's way past the price you'd want to pay. I say good job on the good deal :D

dc5-K20A3
05-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Videodrone
I second that! And would you rather buy a base RSX and always be going "man... if only it was a type S..." for all the time you have it or get the top of the line Civic for $17,500? Not to mention the fact that when you start loading up the base with options it wouldn't be worth getting a loaded base when the S is only like a 1k-2k more and by then it's way past the price you'd want to pay. I say good job on the good deal :D

Lol...your sense in reasoning is greatly amusing. Let me reiterate: MSRP on the EP is 19k, which is pretty dang close to the base rsx. Since when has the EP ever come close in comparison to the type-s?

well, lets say that if everyone had the same reasoning as you, we'd see more threads about "Why pay 17.5k for a civic when you can get a 'top-of-the-line' Kia Rio for 12k?"

Videodrone
05-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah the Si MSRP is 19k, but he got it for 17.5k. He even said he couldn't get a base RSX for that price. Besides... yes the 19k MSRP for the Si is close to the 20k for the base RSX but unlike the S which comes with everything standard (like leather) you have to add options to the base which quickly raises the price. The Si comes pretty much fully loaded and he got it for 17.5k. Just by adding leather to the base the price is a little above 21k. The S is around 23 so just save up a little more and get that S.

And comparing a top of the line Kia to an Si... funny.

Chinaboy
05-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Lol...your sense in reasoning is greatly amusing. Let me reiterate: MSRP on the EP is 19k, which is pretty dang close to the base rsx. Since when has the EP ever come close in comparison to the type-s?

well, lets say that if everyone had the same reasoning as you, we'd see more threads about "Why pay 17.5k for a civic when you can get a 'top-of-the-line' Kia Rio for 12k?"

lol, i guess what im trying to say is...

the Si and the RSX-S is TWO lines that honda/acura should keep... because the base RSX is an equivilant to the SI, and to be able to get it cheaper, and the performance is similar... + black interior... you really can't go wrong...

SI = the supreme civic, and a RSX is well a civic in a new body... but paying 2gs in my case, so it doesn't really make sense to me...

did i clarify? or still muffy?

Videodrone
05-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Civic Si = Integra iS

Might as well get the cheaper of the two.

dc5-K20A3
05-10-2004, 06:54 PM
lol, i guess what im trying to say is...

the Si and the RSX-S is TWO lines that honda/acura should keep... because the base RSX is an equivilant to the SI, and to be able to get it cheaper, and the performance is similar... + black interior... you really can't go wrong...

SI = the supreme civic, and a RSX is well a civic in a new body... but paying 2gs in my case, so it doesn't really make sense to me...

did i clarify? or still muffy?

In your case, it is really easy to see which choice would yield the better value for YOUR money. What I was talking about earlier is the comparison of both cars in MSRP prices, since many have brought up points presenting the SI as a 'superior' car when in essence they are basically the same thing. It's the demand of the market which essentially regulates these prices, and it seems that the SI is loses to the RSX on this one. (don't get me wrong; being able to get a car for cheaper is definitely a plus in my book)

Videodrone: You said the SI comes fully loaded. And i'm assuming that you think the base rsx is so far behind on this one? Both the EP and Base have cloth seats (albeit the cloth in the base is fugly). Some things i can point out about owning the Base which would not even cross your mind as an EP owner:

1.)My car came with floormats.
2.)Standard Acura Roadside Assistance.(I once filled up with diesel. Roadside Assistance flat-bedded the car to the nearest Acura dealer for free)
3.)nicer dashboard (arguable)
4.)nicer gauges (can't argue on this one =P)
5.)5-lug (no biggie to me, tho my friends hate thier 4-lug)
6.)nicer/bigger/wider stock rims
7.)more engine bay room.
8.)ACC
9.)Individual bulbs on High/Low beams
10.) FIVE cup holders (overkill since the car only seats 4)
11.)last but definitely not least, The ladies seem to find the body style of the RSX sexier. (or maybe, I am just sexy in general..heh)

hehe..it's great having a buddy who owns an SI to be able to have the knowledge to make comparisons

Videodrone
05-10-2004, 07:08 PM
You filled an Acura RSX with diesel fuel? Wow, I wouldn't have admitted that :D. Anyhow... 04s come with 5 lugs now, most people buy new wheels even on Acuras, 17,500k saves you more money to mod (if you choose to) the Si over paying 20k when you shoulda just saved the money you spent on any modding of the base to buy the S, but were too impatient to save a little more for it. I agree that the RSX looks better (guages as well), looks aren't everything though, especially when you saved 3k+ on a car with the same engine.

Chinaboy
05-10-2004, 07:23 PM

1.)My car came with floormats.
2.)Standard Acura Roadside Assistance.(I once filled up with diesel. Roadside Assistance flat-bedded the car to the nearest Acura dealer for free)
3.)nicer dashboard (arguable)
4.)nicer gauges (can't argue on this one =P)
5.)5-lug (no biggie to me, tho my friends hate thier 4-lug)
6.)nicer/bigger/wider stock rims
7.)more engine bay room.
8.)ACC
9.)Individual bulbs on High/Low beams
10.) FIVE cup holders (overkill since the car only seats 4)
11.)last but definitely not least, The ladies seem to find the body style of the RSX sexier. (or maybe, I am just sexy in general..heh)

hehe..it's great having a buddy who owns an SI to be able to have the knowledge to make comparisons

1. my car came with floor mats, front and back
2. Honda dont got the roadside assitance (but i've never but diesel in my car ever before)
3. My dashboard is black
4. Gauges... umm they all the same to me
5. Mines a 5lug
6. I got nice rims, same size as yours, and same tires as a RSX
7. Don't got the engine room tho...
8. We don't got AAC...
9. I have individial bulbs on high and low beam
10. I have four cup holders... for four people in my car
11. I like how my car looks too...

12. we don't got a bad blind spot
13. my back passengers will have enough room to sit without hitting their head on the car
14. si got nicer better seats... not arguable ( we do )
15. our cars have black interiors not tan
16. I don't see another EP3 every other 3 cars I see

hehe its great to make knowledgeable comparisons to a car i have, and i car I could of owned but didin't =D

dc5-K20A3
05-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Forgot to mention the stock side airbags, but it's okay.

My point was being that between the base rsx and the SI, it all boils down to personal preference. Im pretty sure you guys agree right?

Videodrone
05-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I like the RSX. It's cool homes :D

Chinaboy
05-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Forgot to mention the stock side airbags, but it's okay.

My point was being that between the base rsx and the SI, it all boils down to personal preference. Im pretty sure you guys agree right?

damn stright =D

have i mentioned that i don't hate the rsx? this post was simply some comparisons =D

kidXStreme
05-10-2004, 10:34 PM
well, it's great that you purchased your SI for 17,500, though keep in mind that MSRP on the SI is really 19,000. SIs used to go for pretty cheap around my area a while back, but since demand for the car is now up, you'd be hard pressed to find one close to invoice price.;

the demand for si's has gone up??? is this true???

EPHatchgirl
05-11-2004, 02:40 AM
Congrats on your purchase- you are more loyal than I am.