PDA

View Full Version : Ingalls camber kit problem!!!

SONIC SI
05-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Well I was thinking about getting the rear kit until I saw this thread. (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=157670&highlight=ingalls) I am glad I didn't spend the money.

02SilverSiHB
05-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I've had mine for 2 years and I've hit all kinds of pot hole and autoxed like a nut case....I also don't have a slammed ride like that guy must have had...it looks like he had that shit extended way to far.

02SilverSiHB
05-09-2004, 06:45 PM
also, if you read the entire thread like you should, it goes on with someone that is an ingalls rep. He mentions that if there are welds, it's not an ingalls camber kit, but probably an spc one. Ingalls are forged not welded on like spc. And that guy says it looks like it's been welded, he bought the kit used, so someone screwed him most likely...not too mention ingalls is covering the whole thing for him....this is one account out of how many THOUSANDS of ingalls kits are out there.

I hate posts like this :rolleyes:

SONIC SI
05-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Yeah most likely he did install it wrong. I need to get one and I like the Ingalls the best because it is closest to stock since it had an actual bracket to mount the ABS line too were the other kits don't.

chunky
05-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
also, if you read the entire thread like you should, it goes on with someone that is an ingalls rep. He mentions that if there are welds, it's not an ingalls camber kit, but probably an spc one. Ingalls are forged not welded on like spc. And that guy says it looks like it's been welded, he bought the kit used, so someone screwed him most likely...not too mention ingalls is covering the whole thing for him....this is one account out of how many THOUSANDS of ingalls kits are out there.

I hate posts like this :rolleyes:

I dunno man. two things that I know are

a) ingalls probably used forged billets to make their camber kit, but they still weld the bracket to the rod, just like any other camber kit. Note that after the pictures were sent to ingalls, they identified the product as their own.

b) spc used to OEM for ingall's. Ingalls would spec the design, spc would make them.

c) the SPC kit is a lot beefier, end of story. The SPC kit also utilizes the stock ABS wire bracket, so it's not just left dangling.

i've got too many miles to count on my SPC kit and it's fine. it's seen many auto-x's, drag strip passes, and high speed onramps etc.

02SilverSiHB
05-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by chunky
I dunno man. two things that I know are

a) ingalls probably used forged billets to make their camber kit, but they still weld the bracket to the rod, just like any other camber kit. Note that after the pictures were sent to ingalls, they identified the product as their own.

b) spc used to OEM for ingall's. Ingalls would spec the design, spc would make them.

c) the SPC kit is a lot beefier, end of story. The SPC kit also utilizes the stock ABS wire bracket, so it's not just left dangling.

i've got too many miles to count on my SPC kit and it's fine. it's seen many auto-x's, drag strip passes, and high speed onramps etc.
I'm not saying either one is better, nor am I saying that spc is worse than ingalls...I was just referring to what the rep said...of course he would say something that made ingalls sound better from ingalls. I've seen the spc kit for our car and couldn't tell a difference other than the fact of the area to mount the lines for the rear.

I've had my ingalls for a long time and not problems...I think that it's just one of those things....shit happens, because I haven't seen that happen to any of our cars with either kit.

dchu
05-10-2004, 12:08 AM
My spc camber kit doesn't look anything like the ingalls http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/prod_dynamic/prod_photos/67230.jpg. They're beefy as hell and easily weigh over 2x the weight of stock. This isn't the first time an ingalls kit snapped, which explains some of the pro-spc guys on that board. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=58635&page=3&pp=25

02SilverSiHB
05-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by dchu
My spc camber kit doesn't look anything like the ingalls http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/prod_dynamic/prod_photos/67230.jpg. They're beefy as hell and easily weigh over 2x the weight of stock. This isn't the first time an ingalls kit snapped, which explains some of the pro-spc guys on that board. http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=58635&page=3&pp=25 strange...mine look the same...and it was heavier than stock...so you've seen ingalls camber kits snap that are made for our cars? Or have you seen older versions snap.

dchu
05-10-2004, 04:34 AM
I guess the way I stuck that pic in my post, it seemed like i was trying to show an ingalls kit but it's the spc kit. Are you saying that your ingalls kit looks like the pic above? It's not the best pic since the whole thing is black, but the center piece is one big hex shape like the D2 kit.

chunky
05-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
strange...mine look the same...and it was heavier than stock...so you've seen ingalls camber kits snap that are made for our cars? Or have you seen older versions snap.

the ingall's kit looks similar, but it offers less adjustment, and the coupler for the two halves of the arm is significantly narrower on the ingall's kit.

02SilverSiHB
05-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by chunky
the ingall's kit looks similar, but it offers less adjustment, and the coupler for the two halves of the arm is significantly narrower on the ingall's kit.
ah...well either way, my point is...one guy had his kit brake...one person with OUR suspension setup. So I think that it was an isolated case

civicracer1128
05-11-2004, 10:45 PM
i wouldnt think breaking would be normal but i have heard bad things about ingalls for our car. i say our car because ingalls has been the name in camber correction for years for all of us ex-EK or EG owners. but i have heard of lots of rust problems and such with ingalls. dont know if it helps but hondawerx stopped selling ingalls for some of these reasons. thats what they told me when i tried to order a kit from them a while ago.