PDA

View Full Version : Exhuast update

badcivicsi
05-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Not sure if you guys/gals have ever heard of Supertrapp? They are based in the Cleveland Ohio area, where I'm from, and make a tuneable exhuast using 'discs'. check out www.supertrapp.com

I'm going to try this setup on my civic, using less discs for sound control as well as low end torque. I'll also use it on my odyssey when I switch to duals for the same reason.

let me know what you think.

Tenacious G
05-09-2004, 07:52 PM
how do the disks adjust and how does that help low-end torque?

PAPITUYO326
05-09-2004, 09:13 PM
not really sure i fully understand this either

but hey man w/e try it out...if u like it get it tested and let us know whats up. Nothing quite like lettin your ep brothers know about usefull/cool products. Keep us posted

Ep3 No.2
05-09-2004, 10:41 PM
i think i seen this a long time ago in some old issue of super street. but i never actually seen it on any car before.
take pix and refresh our memories =OP

oldschoolimport
05-09-2004, 10:47 PM
it is a glasspack that has a solid endcap that bolts into the end of the glasspack. there are diffuser discs that stack together that the exhaust comes out of (around the outside). the more discs, the more freeflowing, less discs, less noise and more torque. they are popular for motorcycles. they worked good on an 86 crx si.:'(

badcivicsi
05-10-2004, 12:58 AM
What he said :)

If you look down the 'opening' of the muffler, you won't see anything but an endcap. the exhaust flows out the side/top/bottom of the round discs. the discs are sandwiched with spaces between them. go to the website and look around. there is a .pdf info file that has all the stats.

Tenacious G
05-10-2004, 07:03 PM
does it sound like a glasspack? b/c i don't like that sound at all. i'd venture to say it's worse than some of the fart cannons ricers put on.

EDIT: i just listened to some of the clips. doesn't sound too bad. jury's still out on this one for me.

badcivicsi
05-11-2004, 04:34 AM
I wasn't impressed with the 'internet sound' the woman did say it didn't do it justice. also, that was with 10 discs! that's loud! the less discs, the more low end torque (nice!) and less obnoxious sound.

You know how all the 'kids' nowadays want 'fart cans'...so you have to give them what they want :) me, i'll run less discs, and better sound.