PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous and cold weather conditions?

Mike'SIR
05-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Looking at getting a 50 shot, cheaper than turbo/jrsc...I'm getting beat by too many cars and need more power. Just wondering if nitrous and cold Canadian winters will work together? Can't find any info anywhere about this. Let me know the details, thanks.

Vertigo
05-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Cold weather is the reason for bottle heaters. In order to recive maximum power, the bottle pressure needs to be in the 900-1100 psi range.

WarmPepsi
05-13-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo
Cold weather is the reason for bottle heaters. In order to recive maximum power, the bottle pressure needs to be in the 900-1100 psi range.

yes, but it takes for LIFE to get it in that range if it's 50 degrees or lower. Also, the main reason a bottle isn't in during winter is traction. What good is nitrous with snow on the ground :D

Vertigo
05-14-2004, 09:59 AM
True! That's why you put the bottle in the house at night. Luckly i live in a place where not too much snow hits the ground. And it only gets bitterly cold two months out of the year.

siexyy55
04-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Nitrous hits REALLY hard in the cold so make sure your not on the edge of pushing your car because I know a few people that ran fine in the summer but where pushing the limits of their cars and when winter came they blew their engines