PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Changing...

SLOazzEPhatch
05-09-2004, 11:19 PM
am thinking about changing badges. I love my EP, but there is like no aftermarket for it. The A3 is so limiting:'( So here is what i am thinking about:

I might go with a typeS because of the TONS of stuff you can buy for them already, plus the whole 200hp stock vs my 160.

I might go with something like a S2K, the only thing there is I don't like convertables. Although i could get a hardtop to put on it.

I feel the only way to be happy with my EP is FI or TypeS swap. And right now i don't have the 3K to drop on a turbo or supercharger kit, or the 5-6K to drop on the swap.

Oh well i am just venting right now, but that TypeS is starting to look pretty nice.

andy
05-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by SLOazzEPhatch
I feel the only way to be happy with my EP is FI or TypeS swap. And right now i don't have the 3K to drop on a turbo or supercharger kit, or the 5-6K to drop on the swap.

Then how are you going to afford an RSX-S (higher cost, especially with depreciation of your Si. Plus, higher insurance rates)?

This car wasn't built to blaze down a 1/4 mile track. It's FWD, it's heavier than maybe it should be, etc. If you want a fast car, get something used and AWD/RWD. Not that they can't be fast, but you need about 5K to do it.

the JigGa mAn
05-10-2004, 12:38 AM
are you gonna sell your ep privatly? or trade in? also how much do you owe on your ep if anything...b/c trading in your ep you will lose money and selling it on your own may take a while and you have to be flexable on the price...and if you still owe money you gotta pay that off...then you are left with a tiny downpayment...and then you gotta go through financing a new car agian...and insurance will be higher for the cars you listed...just my thought...personally i would stick with the ep..

k20hatch
05-10-2004, 12:42 AM
I vote stick with the Ep and keep modding that. If you wanna mod cars keep the ep. If you dont then just go with the higher cost cars. Its all in what you wanna do. dont get a higher priced car if you kno your gonna hate not modding it in the future!

BarracksSi
05-10-2004, 01:09 AM
How many times do you plan on changing intakes, interiors, turbos, superchargers, springs, shocks, coilovers, struts, sway bars, body kits, wheels, tires, stereos, headlights, taillights, HID kits, paint, hoods, wings, steering wheels, shift knobs, instrument clusters, engine swaps, or even neon kits?

Are there more aftermarket choices than you're willing to use on your own car? Yes? Then what's to complain about?

Even if there are fewer "choices" for the EP than for previous Civics, at least the top-quality manufacturers have stuff for the EP. I'm not interested in putting crap on my car.

the JigGa mAn
05-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
How many times do you plan on changing intakes, interiors, turbos, superchargers, springs, shocks, coilovers, struts, sway bars, body kits, wheels, tires, stereos, headlights, taillights, HID kits, paint, hoods, wings, steering wheels, shift knobs, instrument clusters, engine swaps, or even neon kits?

Are there more aftermarket choices than you're willing to use on your own car? Yes? Then what's to complain about?

Even if there are fewer "choices" for the EP than for previous Civics, at least the top-quality manufacturers have stuff for the EP. I'm not interested in putting crap on my car.

good point..even with the "lack of aftermarket support" the stuff out is good stuff...and do you plan on buying a Injen CAI and then changing to an AEM CAI?

Ep3 No.2
05-10-2004, 02:01 AM
i say you stick w/ the ep. you keep it and you dont have to worry about getting ripped off by dealerships or you dont have to worry about finding a buy for your car. and by the time you get the the price of a s2k or evo/sti more than 30 thousand. thats more than 10 grand in mods that you can do for your ep3.

EvilSlvRCiViC
05-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Keep the EP, just be patient. slowly but surely parts are coming out for it.

freidaddy
05-10-2004, 04:13 AM
Yea stick with the ep bro, don't go for a swap, go for FI more power than a a2 and cost alot cheaper.

Videodrone
05-10-2004, 06:03 AM
I'm in the same boat, EP or Type S... and I'll tell you one major factor right now for me is gas. Holy crap that's getting expensive and the Type S needs premium and gets a little less mpg than the EP. I'm still weighing my options... the extra 40hp and a nicer looking car or a not too bad looking car that can use regular gas and is cheaper in the long run... it's hard to come to a decision. More aftermarket will come for the EP since the engine is also the base RSX engine. You don't think they wouldn't make anything for the base RSX do ya? Everyone likes the RSX but not the EP. Doesn't Jackson Racing (or any other company) have a supercharger yet? That'd be a nice upgrade that'll get you to 200hp. Besides... don't you think asking an EP board will be a little biased? :eek:

SLOazzEPhatch
05-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by k20hatch
I vote stick with the Ep and keep modding that. If you wanna mod cars keep the ep. If you dont then just go with the higher cost cars. Its all in what you wanna do. dont get a higher priced car if you kno your gonna hate not modding it in the future!

good point. Insurance is a factor too. I didn't even think of that. You're right i love my EP what was i thinking?

raiyo
05-10-2004, 10:11 PM
if i had the money to toss around I would get the STi or EVO. Nothing could beat a sport tuned car from factory. No need to worry about modding for awhile. I'm tired of modding my car. I wish the EP3 was REALLY sports tuned.

bao_pay
05-11-2004, 12:49 AM
am thinking about changing badges. I love my EP, but there is like no aftermarket for it. The A3 is so limiting:'( So here is what i am thinking about:

I might go with a typeS because of the TONS of stuff you can buy for them already, plus the whole 200hp stock vs my 160.

I might go with something like a S2K, the only thing there is I don't like convertables. Although i could get a hardtop to put on it.

Oh well i am just venting right now, but that TypeS is starting to look pretty nice.

if you don't have money for a swap how do you have any money to buy any of these other cars unless you're planning on buying used.

slc71
05-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Think about it this way. You go out and buy a used S2K for at best $25,000.
Then if you are like any other "tuner" guy you will then end up wanting to put $5000-$10000 in mods on that car. It is just not worth it, put that money into the EP.

"Someone will always have a faster car!"

SLOazzEPhatch
05-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by bao_pay
if you don't have money for a swap how do you have any money to buy any of these other cars unless you're planning on buying used.

its easier to take a loan out for the price of the car. You see if it comes fast from the dealer then you don't have to save up money just pay more a month;)

I am not going to trade it in anyways.

the JigGa mAn
05-11-2004, 05:12 PM
its easier to take a loan out for the price of the car. You see if it comes fast from the dealer then you don't have to save up money just pay more a month;)

I am not going to trade it in anyways.

depends on how much the intrest rate is on the loan...and what you save with lower payments is extra money for you instead of having to make more to give it to the finance company

SLOazzEPhatch
05-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
depends on how much the intrest rate is on the loan...and what you save with lower payments is extra money for you instead of having to make more to give it to the finance company

i work for a finance company

freidaddy
05-12-2004, 02:12 AM
what finance company, I might need to talk to ya.;)

!@#$%
05-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by freidaddy

ha, i know right. I need to start making more friends in higher places. So that means....anybody. ;)

SLOazzEPhatch
05-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by freidaddy

i work at a place called Fair lease. Part of the Credit Union of Texas

bloodzombie
05-13-2004, 10:17 AM
If you don't have 3k in the bank, you probably shoudln't be buying an s2k... or any new car for that matter.

Sorry, I shoudl learn to read.. you already decided not to sell.