PDA

View Full Version : where to screw skirts ?

Ep3 No.2
05-11-2004, 09:15 AM
i found the rear perfect but for the front what did you guys screw it to ?
i found a place in the front for 1 of the screws (where old fender liner screw was) but other than that the body is very thin going into the fender well. any sugestions ?

Si3
05-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Personally i like to screw skirts in the supply closet at my office... a little risky, but hey, thats half the fun!

-Aj-

Ep3 No.2
05-11-2004, 10:03 AM
hahaha not funny...:mad:
can anyone else help me out ?
i jus feel unsafe with just 1 screw holding up my side skirts from the front

specialblend154
05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
yeah i wanna drill mine in too sometime but i dont know what im really doing either?? maybe where my mudflaps where screw'd in?

03CivicSi
05-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Ep3 your icon reminds me of an Ek.

Next for back on topic...

Ep3 No.2
05-11-2004, 05:16 PM
=O/ ek is what i originally wanted or a crx but both vehicals are stollen way to offten for me.

but back to subject, i only have 1 screw holding up my d3 skirts, thechnically 2 but the other screw is jus drilled into my plastic fender liner.

IIx 03 EP xII
05-11-2004, 07:12 PM
well i cant remember if i drilled a hole above or below that fender liner hole. but basically that is what i did. i just drilled a hole where that little lip is on the body (the lip that holds the fender liner screw in). if you are confused, i understand... haha. i have the same lip kit by the way. and i installed the sideskirts by myself, but then had a shop 'clean them up' for me... to make them completely flush and all that jazz. good luck.

02SilverSiHB
05-11-2004, 08:04 PM
I think you already got them on, but I noticed when I put my ctr skirts on bt using the existing screws that are in the fender...there are two on each side (pass. driv.)

Ep3 No.2
05-11-2004, 09:09 PM
you guys confusing me lol

IIx 03 EP xII so u got it on the lil itty beice of metal ? thats pretty damn thin and youd must have put the screws in angled. if not you got me all jacked up.

what you talking about mike ?

chubbychu
05-11-2004, 09:14 PM
there should be 2 holes in the front. and no holes in the back.

Ep3 No.2
05-11-2004, 09:37 PM
2 holes in the front and no holes in the back ? how do the skirts stay up then lol.

i fixed em a bit earlier and i have 3 up front and 2 in the back

-up front i have the original fender liner screw, 1 self tapping screw that attaches to the same extended piece of metal as the fender liner screw, and my last one is in the middle of no where in the fender liner it self (only plastic)

-on the rear its self explanitory 2 on the inner fender it self (the metal the folds into the fender)

chubbychu
05-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
2 holes in the front and no holes in the back ? how do the skirts stay up then lol.

i fixed em a bit earlier and i have 3 up front and 2 in the back

-up front i have the original fender liner screw, 1 self tapping screw that attaches to the same extended piece of metal as the fender liner screw, and my last one is in the middle of no where in the fender liner it self (only plastic)

-on the rear its self explanitory 2 on the inner fender it self (the metal the folds into the fender)

oops sorry, i drilled one hole into the rear. and used a thin bolt to hold it in. I would do two, but its too hard.