PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know about these catbacks & headers?

YooShin
05-11-2004, 04:15 PM
I've searched the forums and can't find anybody using or commenting about the catbacks and headers offered on ebay for the EP, more specifically the "Tsudo" and "J-spec" exhaust and the so called "Megan" header. I've done enough research on EPHatch and other sites and it seems that most agree that it's a personal preference in brand or looks when it comes to the header and cat-back for the EP and not so much which gives the most gains in power or has the best sound. Basically I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. I'm not to concerned about the how loud but don't want it to be farty either. These components are stainless steel and seemed to be made w/ above par quality. Your opinions please and try to be somewhat objective.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2478361797&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2477697623&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33631&item=2477728367&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33631&item=2477876218&rd=1

Peking
05-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Never heard of any of them, though that is what you get with most of the ebay sellers.

I would say for you to spend alittle more for name brand that you know someone else already has (works and fits correctly).

2pointslowEP3
05-12-2004, 03:12 PM
they're junk...

YooShin
05-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 2pointslowEP3
they're junk...

OK. Based on....

Btrthnezr3
05-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Okay, this computer won't let me look at the links (work)...but I am familiar with "Megan Racing" products. They are a new company trying to get out there and make a name for themselves. You can check out their site at www.meganracing.com . They are very popular with the SpecV crowd and some other car owners. They have some very nice project cars and make some quality parts. Their exhausts look top notch and I've never heard anything bad about them...only positive responses and inquiries. Good luck though man...u still coming to the meet this month!? I'm gonna have some mods by then ;)

2pointslowEP3
05-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by YooShin
OK. Based on....

okay don't listen to me. buy it!

Peking
05-13-2004, 03:49 PM
okay don't listen to me. buy it!

Yeah, what the hell does he expect. For you to throw a novel at him :D

Besides 2pointslowEP3 is a long time member of Honda-Tech, so he has a good idea of what he is talking about :)

2pointslowEP3
05-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Peking

Besides 2pointslowEP3 is a long time member of Honda-Tech, so he has a good idea of what he is talking about :)

whoa...how did you know that? i have two different usernames. i've seen you there too...under the same username right?

or was it because of the way i type on this forum. sort of has that sarcasm that all h-t members learn to love. you know what i'm talking about...lol!

YooShin
05-13-2004, 04:57 PM
whoa...how did you know that? i have two different usernames. i've seen you there too...under the same username right?

or was it because of the way i type on this forum. sort of has that sarcasm that all h-t members learn to love. you know what i'm talking about...lol!

Of course. I should have know that. A novel no, cliff notes yes. I remember once upon a time when the earth's crust was still cooling there where two little companies trying to make a name for themselves in the import performance aftermarket. Everybody shuned them and swore by Borla and Flowmaster. At the time I had an 87 CRX w/ a (flame on) Flowmaster exhuast, mainly because all my buddys w/ their 5.0 LX notches, Nissan trucks, and yes even Starions, were putting them on their cars. It sucked by the way. My other choice was a Supertrapp which a friend of mine had on a 84 RX-7. Meanwhile these then unknown brands where making there way around to various shops and started to get kind of popular. You might of heard of them. Today they go by Trust or Greddy and HKS. Look, I'm open to any new aftermarket product for EPs. I just want to know if anybody has or knows of anybody w/ any of these "off" brands. By the way, I wish I kept that CRX! It had so much potential.

Peking
05-13-2004, 08:48 PM

Your avatar's are the same, and you are representing Honda-Tech in your sig :D I go on there but rarely post, and notice you posting. You are not sarcastic, atleast as far as I can tell :)

Originally posted by YooShin
Of course. I should have know that. A novel no, cliff notes yes. I remember once upon a time when the earth's crust was still cooling there where two little companies trying to make a name for themselves in the import performance aftermarket. Everybody shuned them and swore by Borla and Flowmaster. At the time I had an 87 CRX w/ a (flame on) Flowmaster exhuast, mainly because all my buddys w/ their 5.0 LX notches, Nissan trucks, and yes even Starions, were putting them on their cars. It sucked by the way. My other choice was a Supertrapp which a friend of mine had on a 84 RX-7. Meanwhile these then unknown brands where making there way around to various shops and started to get kind of popular. You might of heard of them. Today they go by Trust or Greddy and HKS. Look, I'm open to any new aftermarket product for EPs. I just want to know if anybody has or knows of anybody w/ any of these "off" brands. By the way, I wish I kept that CRX! It had so much potential.

There were two companies that existed when the crust of the earth was still cooling :eek:

I understand how companies come up and how HKS was one of the first to produce aftermarket parts. And I understand giving unkowns a chance, so folks can buy what they want. I and others can't force them to buy anything from anyone if they don't want to.

And you should have kept the CRX for the potential (good drag platform IMO), but only so much can be done with the styling of that car :D

04rider
05-14-2004, 03:08 AM
Tsudo has advertisements in scc and superstreet mag all the time. And these are full page adds in the middle of the mag, not tiny b&w ones in the back. They say that their fireball and n1 style catbacks are only $285 though. Thats hella cheap.