PDA

View Full Version : K-Pro is out for the base RSX but not the Si.

Silverstreak
05-12-2004, 11:17 AM
This sucks I have been waiting for this for a while now and they decide to release the base RSX K-Pro first. I was thinking there would be more demand from the Si owners, but I guess not. I want this thing now.

http://www.hondata.com/

TheAnhDy
05-12-2004, 11:57 AM
My buddy was the naturally aspirated test car. I was the boost test car. SI kpro should be out soon

silum
05-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Is the issue just that there aren't base tunes for the Si included yet or will it simply not work with the Si untill an official release for it?

anjapower
05-12-2004, 12:27 PM
i'm sorta disappointed they didn't have an s/c'ed car for a base map.

fsugatorbait
05-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by anjapower

Arent you swapping anyway mr Blur? :p

civic si hb
05-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Arent you swapping anyway mr Blur? :p

it depends what day of the week is it?:p :D

fsugatorbait
05-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by civic si hb

LMAO...so true.:D

TheAnhDy
05-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by anjapower

Still testing

anjapower
05-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by civic si hb

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
LMAO...so true.:D

you guys know me too well.:p It's fun playing mind games with yourself when you know you can't buy anything:rolleyes:

civic si hb
05-13-2004, 06:17 AM
it's ok Anj i've been tossing up some options my self for the last few months also

silum
05-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by silum
Is the issue just that there aren't base tunes for the Si included yet or will it simply not work with the Si untill an official release for it?

The latest version (1.0.12) of the k-manager includes a couple of tunes for K20A3's.

Hondata
05-13-2004, 07:21 AM
The programmable ECU for the Civic Si will be released in around two weeks time. We're part was through testing at the moment, and have finished the naturally aspiriated calibrations on the dyno. We have a turbo charged car which will be tuned early next week. Howfully we can make a calibration for the JRSC before the release too; otherwise we'll make that calibration shortly after the release. In any case its a programmable ECU and you can make your own calibration for the JRSC, right?

The reason that the base RSX was released first is a technical issue with the differences between Type S, base and Civic ECUs - the base ECU was the logical progression from the Type S to the Civic ECU in terms of internal differences. The programmable ECU for the base was only released this week.

There is only one JRSC base RSX, and we're tuning that right now.

silum
05-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Any disadvantage to getting a new PRB K-Pro ($1595) and have it run the stock si engine with si tunes?

Then I could use it after an engine swap and still have the 6th gear lockout.

SONIC SI
05-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Hondata
The programmable ECU for the Civic Si will be released in around two weeks time. We're part was through testing at the moment, and have finished the naturally aspiriated calibrations on the dyno. We have a turbo charged car which will be tuned early next week. Howfully we can make a calibration for the JRSC before the release too; otherwise we'll make that calibration shortly after the release. In any case its a programmable ECU and you can make your own calibration for the JRSC, right?

The reason that the base RSX was released first is a technical issue with the differences between Type S, base and Civic ECUs - the base ECU was the logical progression from the Type S to the Civic ECU in terms of internal differences. The programmable ECU for the base was only released this week.

There is only one JRSC base RSX, and we're tuning that right now.

I have been thinking about getting the flash done but I need to find a place that will do it and I will not have any down time. Is there anyone in SoCal that can do that or can I come direct to you guys?

Silverstreak
05-13-2004, 04:08 PM
I can't wait. Thank you Hondata for all your info. Will you ever release a map for a dry nitrous setup?

myeverlovinsir
05-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Here is a pic of what is offered with the latest version of K-Pro (1.0.12.0):D

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzkzMjg0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

anjapower
05-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Howfully we can make a calibration for the JRSC before the release too; otherwise we'll make that calibration shortly after the release. In any case its a programmable ECU and you can make your own calibration for the JRSC, right?

Uhh I thought one of the benefits of the Kpro was to get the base maps that "a lot of dyno time" was put into...thus having a base to build upon instead of starting from scratch. I realize that there is less potential with the K20a3, but I'd like to have atleast one N/A, one turbo and on S/C tune if I'm paying 1000 dollars for something...

Hondata
05-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Any disadvantage to getting a new PRB K-Pro ($1595) and have it run the stock si engine with si tunes?
You can put any ECU code into any ECU, so you can put PNF (Civic Si) code into a PRB (Type S) ECU and it will run ok. The calibration must match the ECU code (which is handled automatically by KManager). The only trick is when there is a hardware feature in the ECU which a different code set will not be able to use. e.g. putting PND (Base RSX) code into a PRB (Type S) ECU will not activate the secondary intake runners. Putting PRB code into a PND or PNF ECU will not activate the reverse lockout. In your case using PNF code in a PRB ECU will work ok.

I have been thinking about getting the flash done but I need to find a place that will do it and I will not have any down time. Is there anyone in SoCal that can do that or can I come direct to you guys?
Epic Motorsports (310) 787-1562 is about 2 miles from us in Torrance.

The latest version (1.0.12) of the k-manager includes a couple of tunes for K20A3's.
The calibrations for the base RSX are substantially different from the Civic Si due to the different intake manifold.

I can't wait. Thank you Hondata for all your info. Will you ever release a map for a dry nitrous setup?
There is no need to produce a calibration for nitrous. You set the conditions when you want the nitrous to come on, then the only difficult part is working out how much fuel to add and how much to retard the ignition. This will depend on the nitrous pressure & jet size. The KManager help file has a guide for setting the fuel and ignition settings but it is not that hard to do.

Uhh I thought one of the benefits of the Kpro was to get the base maps that "a lot of dyno time" was put into...thus having a base to build upon instead of starting from scratch. I realize that there is less potential with the K20a3, but I'd like to have atleast one N/A, one turbo and on S/C tune if I'm paying 1000 dollars for something...
The k20a3 calibrations shown in the screenshot are for the Base RSX. The Civic Si will have a factory calibration, a high octane NA & low octane NA calibration and a turbo calibration, with a JRSC calibration following shortly.

KimchiBoy_TypeR
05-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
Here is a pic of what is offered with the latest version of K-Pro (1.0.12.0):D

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzkzMjg0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

Great for those who have an A2 swap!!! For those poor like me that have the stock A3 I guess we are sh%$ out of luck:( :'(

Silverstreak
05-14-2004, 03:31 AM
I have seen the video and have read the instructions about adding fuel. I was just wondering if you were going to give us some guidelines of what percentage to add for what shot. This would help the people that are going to tune on the street rather than the dyno. I guess I can put alot of fuel in and slowly adjust it down to the perfect mixture. Having a guidline would make self tuning a dry setup a lot faster and safer. Thank you for all you answers.

DarkHatch
05-14-2004, 05:05 PM
[B
The k20a3 calibrations shown in the screenshot are for the Base RSX. The Civic Si will have a factory calibration, a high octane NA & low octane NA calibration and a turbo calibration, with a JRSC calibration following shortly. [/B]

So does that mean that you will have the Greddy flash on the k-pro that will be updated from the last? :D