PDA

View Full Version : Omni Power Full Coilovers

DumbNewB
05-12-2004, 06:25 PM
anyone ever heard about these coilovers? They are really cheap but my friend was recommending them to me but I havent seen anyone on ephatch with them and was wondering if anyone can vouch for them

here is the link Omni Power Full Coilovers (http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_78&products_id=742)

specialblend154
05-12-2004, 08:55 PM
HMM, i guess they look decent but im not gonna be the one who finds out:D

goy091
05-12-2004, 09:18 PM
kinda looks like the Hayame ones? although i think the ones pictured are for an ITR. well if JHP sells it, it might be ok.

DumbNewB
05-13-2004, 01:25 AM
from what someone told me.... the guy who designed the fastest n/a car at skunk2... well his name is omni and he left skunk2 and this is his new company

KingGreg86
05-13-2004, 07:51 PM
i might have to pick me up a set

DumbNewB
05-13-2004, 09:02 PM
let us know how they are if you do

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 09:59 PM
whoa thats cheap for a set of coil overs.

YooShin
05-14-2004, 06:07 AM
If I had the $$$, I'd go for them. I always like giving "off" brands a try. Plus I'd like to go another half to an inch lower then my Progress springs sit now. After parking my car next to my buddys slammed EK, my car looked stock. I want that dropped look he EKs get when lowered.

Si3
05-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Good price for coilovers... Who is gonna cough up the $'s and try them out??

Would like to hear about ride and quality before i bought them..

-aj-

DumbNewB
05-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Si3
Good price for coilovers... Who is gonna cough up the $'s and try them out??

Would like to hear about ride and quality before i bought them..

-aj-

I guess thats why the introductory price is soo low

toda_power
05-16-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by YooShin
If I had the $$$, I'd go for them. I always like giving "off" brands a try. Plus I'd like to go another half to an inch lower then my Progress springs sit now. After parking my car next to my buddys slammed EK, my car looked stock. I want that dropped look he EKs get when lowered.

yeah man, tein s-techs arent cutting it for me... i need some coilovers bad! i prefer tein basics or flex so i can slam this bit...i wouldnt mind getting those coilovers. hmm..

SIbeau
05-16-2004, 04:34 AM
I emailed JHPUSA and this is what they had to say.

They aren't made yet. You were looking at a typo.

> Do you know when they will be available? They are already listed on
> your site.
> http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_78&products_id
> =742
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: info [mailto:info@jhpusa.com]
> Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 2:44 PM
> To: James Tracey
> Subject: Re: Enquiry from JHPUSA.COM
>
> They are not yet available for the ep3. There is no damper control as
> the damper has a set rating match up to the springs.
>
>
>>
>> Any information on the Omni Power Full Coilovers for the EP3? I'm
>> looking for information on the manufacturer. Also are these damper
>> adjustable?
>>
>>
>
>
> **************************
> JHPUSA.COM
> 10699 Hickson Street Ste.5
> El Monte, CA 91731
> Tel. 626.618.1103
> Fax. 626.618.1107
>
>

SIbeau
05-16-2004, 04:35 AM
I also PM'd omniman on Honda-Tech. He made it sound like they were already released and gave me some good information.

SIbeau
05-16-2004, 04:37 AM
Here is the conversation I had with omniman.

1:37 PM 5/15/2004) SIbeau: I heard you own and operate omni power usa. I currently own a 2003 civic si and was looking into purchasing some omni power full coilovers from jhpusa.com. Can you give me some more information on these coilovers? Such as spring rates, what kind of metal the dampers are made of, and warranty? I'm comparing these to the Tein basics and the D2 coilovers.

(7:24 PM 5/15/2004) omniman: if you look on our website omnipowerusa.com you can find it there.
the shock bodies are steel but coated with a special rust proof coating. the springs are made of sae 9254 spring steel, the best you can get, (better than what ibac and tein use). the lower perches and pillow mounts are anodized aluminum the spring locks are forged aluminum. they have a 46mm piston (biggest in the industry) and a 20mm shaft, which greatly reduces longevity due to the elimination of shaft flex(basically keeps everything more stable. the ride is incredible when set up properly and they can be lowered about 4 inches. call pitcrew and ask them what they think of them. if i tell you they are better than everyone elses it just sounds like a sales pitch. besides D2 and Tein didnt drag race in the pro allmotor class for 4 1/2 years

specialblend154
05-16-2004, 10:24 AM
awesome, looks like its time to sell the neeuspeeds!

chubbychu
05-16-2004, 12:15 PM
somebody give these a try!

SIbeau
05-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Show me where I can buy them and I'll give them a try. As I stated above JHPUSA said it was a typo and they are not released yet.

seandwd
05-17-2004, 12:36 PM
QUOTE -

(7:24 PM 5/15/2004) omniman: if you look on our website omnipowerusa.com you can find it there.
the shock bodies are steel but coated with a special rust proof coating. the springs are made of sae 9254 spring steel, the best you can get, (better than what ibac and tein use). the lower perches and pillow mounts are anodized aluminum the spring locks are forged aluminum. they have a 46mm piston (biggest in the industry) and a 20mm shaft, which greatly reduces longevity due to the elimination of shaft flex(basically keeps everything more stable. the ride is incredible when set up properly and they can be lowered about 4 inches. call pitcrew and ask them what they think of them. if i tell you they are better than everyone elses it just sounds like a sales pitch. besides D2 and Tein didnt drag race in the pro allmotor class for 4 1/2 years

-----------------

This says the 20mm shaft greatly reduces longevity - that doesn't sound good - I want longevity in any product I buy. Is this a typo?

SIbeau
05-17-2004, 02:00 PM
The 03 civic si is not listed on the omni power website like he stated. He was just referring to the general build quality of the coilovers.

DumbNewB
05-17-2004, 11:07 PM
www.inlinefour.com i dunno if it is listed but my friend said they have them there so give them a call

element2050
05-18-2004, 09:03 AM
I just gave the phone number a call that they have listed on there website and it went to a sprint cell phone vm. a little risky buying from them if they don't even have a landline for the company. :confused:

ep3guy
05-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by seandwd
QUOTE -
besides D2 and Tein didnt drag race in the pro allmotor class for 4 1/2 years

I don't get why he said that. Springs/Coilovers that are made for drag racing are way different than those made for the track (real track/course, not drag strip).

downhil
05-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by SIbeau

they have a 46mm piston (biggest in the industry) and a 20mm shaft, which GREATLY REDUCES LONGEVITY due to the elimination of shaft flex(basically keeps everything more stable.

:confused: ill pass.:D