PDA

View Full Version : Hole in my air intake!!

972BlackSi
05-12-2004, 08:33 PM
One day i went to check my oil and then i see a 2 by 1 inch hole in my stock air intake hose (connects to the throttle body). I was running a HKS short ram and figured it was getting too hot and messing up the rubber hose. Got it fixed, but don't know whether or not to put my HKS back on, and have the same problem again. Is there a way i can protect my air intake from heat? does this even sound like the problem?

oogy-boogy
05-13-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by 972BlackSi
One day i went to check my oil and then i see a 2 by 1 inch hole in my stock air intake hose (connects to the throttle body). I was running a HKS short ram and figured it was getting too hot and messing up the rubber hose. Got it fixed, but don't know whether or not to put my HKS back on, and have the same problem again. Is there a way i can protect my air intake from heat? does this even sound like the problem?

Weird...

Was the tubing touching the head or block? I had the HKS and it fit fine with no places of interference.

972BlackSi
05-13-2004, 11:09 AM
the piping wasn't touching anything, i think it was maybe just a weak tube from honda. i will ust try reinstalling it and check everything is perfect.