PDA

View Full Version : How much louder will Header make EP?

66elwood99
10-18-2002, 05:35 PM
I have a full cat-back exhaust (MBRP Single Tip) and it had increased the noise level. How much louder will it get if I get a DC or HP header for it? I don't mind the sound on short drives , but I do a good bit of highway driving for a decent distance, and I don't want to invest in a header and have to have the stereo turned up to max all the time.
Any POSITIVE input will be very helpful! :)

Ritteri
10-18-2002, 05:38 PM
The header wont make it really any louder, but the tone will probably change a bit.

IceD out N CALI
10-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Ritteri
The header wont make it really any louder, but the tone will probably change a bit.

yeah, a better tone:)

myeverlovinsir
10-19-2002, 04:27 PM
It will make a louder noise when you tromp on it, but otherwise
it is negligable, the better sounds are deeper with lower tones.
Not a problem at highway speed.

Here is a sample...

;)header and 2-1/4" midpipe (http://www.imagestation.com/video/play.html?id=4247116795)

keep in mind this is alot louder since my midpipe was installed,
not as loud when just my header was in. I think all of you
will appreciate the subtle tone of just the DC header.

miamijdm
10-19-2002, 08:33 PM
if you put the header, I don't think you would even notice the difference in sound.. At least I didn't...

SmoothOperator
10-20-2002, 01:27 PM
I have the single tip MBRP exhaust too, and to be totally honest, I think you're nuts if the sound is bothering you. I don't even notice it at cruising speed on the highway. It's a nice deep tone, and isn't very loud at all.
Perhaps I just think that way, because the exhaust on my EG was HELLA LOUD!

66elwood99
10-20-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I have the single tip MBRP exhaust too, and to be totally honest, I think you're nuts if the sound is bothering you. I don't even notice it at cruising speed on the highway. It's a nice deep tone, and isn't very loud at all.
Perhaps I just think that way, because the exhaust on my EG was HELLA LOUD!

That and also I guess I'm getting old when the noise level bothers me ;)

Thanks for the input guys :)

2k2civicSi
10-20-2002, 04:14 PM
yeah my mbrp is not loud at all i wish it was a lil bit louder

66elwood99
10-22-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
yeah my mbrp is not loud at all i wish it was a lil bit louder

I didn't day that it bothers me, I was wondering if it would get louder, I love it , it's my wife that doesn't like the increase sound.
She thinks I'm going through a mid-life crisis at 38 :p Wait till I drop 3 grand on a turbo :D she'll freak ;)

DrPimpSiR
10-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Didn't anyone get the twin tip MBRP?
I know that one was loud in testing, I wonder how loud it will be once it's broken in?

Pradamuimui
10-23-2002, 02:33 PM
The header will only make the car louder if you have a full exhaust setup such as a Full catback, high flow cat, and a header on as well. It wont make it a hell of a lot louder, but it will make it a little louder. Why?? Because when you install those things you have less back pressure, and less back pressure equals more free flowing air, which in return makes ur car louder!!!