PDA

View Full Version : Modacar.com? are they a good vendor?

4g63dsm
05-12-2004, 11:03 PM
i was thinking about buying rims from them, has anyone dealt with them in the past? are they good,fast sellers?

atomic_rice
05-13-2004, 01:22 AM
well i live about 15 minutes away from this place, and i can tell you from personal experience that they are fucking shady and are very overpriced.

ULTRAMANIA
05-13-2004, 01:57 AM
mod should lock this thread before it gets nasty..

k20hatch
05-13-2004, 03:49 AM
My friend bought a set of rota wheels there with tires, came quick, and he had no problems.

Rueda del Queso
05-13-2004, 04:27 AM
I got a Neuspeed SS from them that didn't fit right and so I had to grind out a larger slot on it. Probably Neuspeed's fault, but still . . .

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 09:59 AM
modacar guys are nice guys. yeah i do think there prices are a lil overpriced. but people still buy from em. i also think it depends on what your going to order from them. but if i were u i would order from them. but then again i only live 20 min away from there store =OP

evilep3
05-13-2004, 10:52 AM
edit: watch the bashing logos. ;)

I have ordered from them and the customer service and price was great.

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 10:56 AM
yah i agree. i do think they have good customer service at times. all the times i went i was helped out great. even if i didnt live close to there store id still go and order from there website =OP

dchu
05-13-2004, 12:04 PM
You'll be safe ordering from them, but don't get anything installed there. I don't know if it's the same mechanic there now, but the ones who did work on my old civic fucked up bad.

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 12:20 PM
whats they do wrong ?

dchu
05-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Well I bought and installed a jrsc for my '99 EX there. The mechanic that installed it didn't use a new IM gasket, but liquid gasket. The liquid gasket didn't hold so coolant was leaking into cylinder 4. Being suspicious of their work, I checked to see if they installed an upgraded fuel pump that I also ordered. I read that an upgraded fuel pump has a noticeably louder hum, yet it sounded stock. When I pulled the pump, I was not surprised to see it was still stock. When I went back there to confront the owner, he tried to convince me that JR sold some "Honda" pumps as upgrades. I wasn't going to take that as an answer and he agreed to put in a walbro pump. He also blamed it on the mechanic that installed the jrsc, saying he was lazy and wasn't installing pumps and he didn't know the mechanic was doing that. By this time the mechanic had already quit.

A new mechanic was working there when I brought it back to have the coolant leak fixed, but instead changing the gasket they insisted on using some sealant in the coolant. It was some brown crap that made the coolant look like diarhea.

Did I mention a week after the JRSC was installed, the fuel rail almost fell off? It was not tightened enough so one side worked itself loose and gas was gushing out at the injector/rail. My brother found out when he was driving to work and it was bogging. A coworker saw him pull into the parking lot with a trail of gas following.

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 12:56 PM
damn u jus helped me determine whos not gonna instal my springs...
sorry modacar employees...

4g63dsm
05-13-2004, 06:03 PM
ya i was thinkin of ordering rims form them, cuz it seems like they are the only ones i've found with RED rota GT3 in stock

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 06:42 PM
www.jdmwheels.net has em =O)
i was just there yesterday. and im pretty sure they still have it. they have 1 set of red in a 4x100 lug pattern.
but im not sure if it was a 15 or 16

phantasia
05-13-2004, 06:48 PM
i would order from somewhere else.

i tried to place an order with them about a year ago, and no employee that i spoke with could even speak or understand english. they were very rude, and i did not feel comfortable giving them my credit card number. the whole thing felt really shady, like i was dealing with people in some back alley, very unprofessional and i did not trust them with my order, whatsoever.

i chose to order my parts from summit and was very happy with their service, very professional, and high quality.

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by phantasia
i would order from somewhere else.

i tried to place an order with them about a year ago, and no employee that i spoke with could even speak or understand english. they were very rude, and i did not feel comfortable giving them my credit card number. the whole thing felt really shady, like i was dealing with people in some back alley, very unprofessional and i did not trust them with my order, whatsoever.

i chose to order my parts from summit and was very happy with their service, very professional, and high quality.

u talking about modacar or jdmwheels ?

phantasia
05-14-2004, 07:00 AM
im talkin about MODACAR!!!!!!