PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Opinions

New_One_03
05-12-2004, 11:07 PM
I need your guys opinion on this. I had my Mugen suspenion installed by NTB on April 28th. The only reason why i did it there is because i know a few people that work there. After a couple days of driving i noticed a faint knocking sound coming from the drivers side. I took it back in on May 3rd and had them look the car over, and they said they didnt see anything wrong and that everything was tight. Coming home from work the sound got a little bit louder so on May 4th i was driving back up to NTB to have them look at it again. On the way up the drivers side tire came off and went into the fender. I got an estimate for close to 2 grand.

I didnt retorque the lugs after 25 miles when they first put the suspension on and they never removed the tires when they checked it on the 3rd. The guys at the body shop said it was NTB's fault because i had it in on monday and they didnt check them. The people at NTB said its my fault because i never retorqued them. What do you guys think?

Would'nt other lugs have loosened on the the other 3 tires? All the other lugnuts were tight on all the other wheels. Lost 3 on the drivers front and snapped the stud on the fourth.

civicSIracer
05-12-2004, 11:14 PM
damm man,
i would totaly go after them for that. you paid them to install the suspension and its there responsibility to tighten the lug nuts down
sonds like a crappy cover up for their mistake. if they wont pay for all the damages, you will have a very easy court case. good luck

03silverEP
05-13-2004, 02:21 PM
i second that you paid for a PROFESSIONAL installation, and came back w/concern regarding an odd noise, make sure you have your paperwork to prove both visits and an estimate explaining why the rim fell off, get a lawyer and you'll get your money back, hell go rent a car they have to pay for that also.

BuddyClubEP3
05-13-2004, 02:33 PM
I think it's totally their fault. I mean they had to take off the tires and rims to install your suspension and now the tire came off after a few days of driving without you touching the wheel? I think they should be 200% at fault man. Don't let them off lose man because they screwed up and they should pay for the damage. Yeah and they should give you a car for the time they take to fix up your car too.

beechstreet
05-13-2004, 03:07 PM
definently the shops fault. they are paid to do all that crap and make sure ur car is driveable. Definent court case right there. good luck with that

SilverEpInDc
05-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Screw NTB get it from them man its their fault

New_One_03
05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys. I have paperwork from when they put the suspension on but i didnt get anything when i took it back. Talked to a couple of other shops today and gave them a hypothetical situation and they said it would be their fault. The company faxed all the info to their district manager and he hasnt called me back yet. Of course they said they couldnt give me his contact info. Im gonna wait a couple more days and i am going to contact a lawyer. I dont really want to have to take it to court but i am not going to back down from this. I just dont want to go to court and get beat on some technicality.

foilpan
05-13-2004, 08:25 PM
even if you don't have paperwork from the last visit, they still did the initial work. you didn't remove the wheels at any time between visits, right? it might be tougher to prove anything about the subsequent visits without documentation, but they're responsible for torquing down everything before handing over the car.

i had a pulsing in my passenger front wheel yesterday on the way home from work. it turned out i hadn't tightened the lugs all the way on that side after i installed my mugen ss. damn! i could've lost a wheel, or worse. i had only snugged the lugs because i had to work on the driver's side some more (stuck bolt) and forgot about it.

lesson learned: tighten those bolts and check 'em twice!

New_One_03
05-14-2004, 09:38 AM
No i never removed the tires between visits. They called me back yesterday to get some more info. They wanted to know exactly where it happened so i told them. Then they asked me if i told the mechanic over the phone right after it happened that i had retourqed the lugnuts. I believe that i did tell him that right after it happened, and i mean about 10 minutes after because i called them right after the tow truck. I also told him maybe i did, and no i didnt, and that i didnt really know. My mind was doin like a thousand miles per hour and was pretty much talking. The day after it happened i told them i did NOT retorque them. Just dont want them to think that i lied to them. Incase this does go to court.