PDA

View Full Version : What type of rotors?

Bicho6
05-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Saw I got my new rims yesterday and now i definetly need some new zinc coated rotors. Which ones do you guys recommend, and is there anything i should know

Lucid Moments
05-13-2004, 09:59 AM
It depends on what you want to do.
Is this for show or go?

If it is for show then the AEM big brake kit looks nice, and since it uses the stock caliper isn't too expensive.

If it is for go then a big brake kit is overkill unless you do a lot of serious track work. For stock size I got some from Brakezone ( www.brakezone.com ) that are slotted and cadmium plated. Powerslot has some that are supposed to be good too and you can get them from tirerack among other places.

While you are at it I would recomend some good stainless steel brake lines, and upgraded pads as well. Brakezone has the lines, or you can go with Goodridge, and there are a lot of options on the pads. Hawk, EBC, Axxis are just a few of the popular brands.

Bicho6
05-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by mlkelley68
It depends on what you want to do.
Is this for show or go?

If it is for show then the AEM big brake kit looks nice, and since it uses the stock caliper isn't too expensive.

If it is for go then a big brake kit is overkill unless you do a lot of serious track work. For stock size I got some from Brakezone ( www.brakezone.com ) that are slotted and cadmium plated. Powerslot has some that are supposed to be good too and you can get them from tirerack among other places.

While you are at it I would recomend some good stainless steel brake lines, and upgraded pads as well. Brakezone has the lines, or you can go with Goodridge, and there are a lot of options on the pads. Hawk, EBC, Axxis are just a few of the popular brands.

the are definetly for show.. i got new rims and you can see my shitty as stock rotors really well.. i wanna get rid of that view.. i will definetly check of the AEM Big Brakes

THMotorsports
05-13-2004, 06:47 PM
I got the AEM big brake kit for 205 plus shipping

Bicho6
05-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Truehonda
I got the AEM big brake kit for 205 plus shipping

what color are they ... i don't want to gold or the black ones

THMotorsports
05-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Sorry bud, they are black. Since your going show, this is probably one of the only alternatives except for a rotora kit or a stop tech kit which are meant for more of race use than show. You can always just go with powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS or HP+ Pads.

Eddie

Hit me up if you need anything at AIM: truehondacom

the1986
05-15-2004, 01:32 AM
So do AEM's really not do anyhting for performance? Cuz i want some rotors that look good, but i do want the added performance.

-Teal

Lucid Moments
05-15-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by the1986
So do AEM's really not do anyhting for performance? Cuz i want some rotors that look good, but i do want the added performance.

-Teal

I won't say they don't do anything, but unless you are on the track a lot you probably won't be able to tell.
The main advantage to a big brake kit is fade resistance because they can hold a lot more heat due to their greater mass. They may make you stop marginally quicker, but no matter how good they are keep in mind that the main thing that effects your braking is your tires. No matter how good your brakes are they can't stop you faster than your tires will allow.

the1986
05-15-2004, 01:59 PM
cool thanks, I do go to the track every now and then, and will occasionally canyion run. On the last canyon run i experienced alot of brake fade, so i was thinking of changing the pads and rotors. I think i am going ot go with AEM. Thanks

-Teal

Lucid Moments
05-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Enjoy them and let us know how they work.

ViViDPeArL
05-16-2004, 08:34 PM
do you have a pic of the aem rotors on your car? i've been wanting to get them to fill up the small brake size on our car...

klik
05-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Is there any big brake kit that u can use 16" rims? cuz i really like 16" rims for the weight and classicness.

toda_power
05-18-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by klik
Is there any big brake kit that u can use 16" rims? cuz i really like 16" rims for the weight and classicness.

i think wilwood brakes will fit 16's...