PDA

View Full Version : Kelly blue book value

EP3racer
05-13-2004, 05:19 PM
check this out, I just got an email from honda about the news for the Civic Si. this is a part of of the email.

"Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com has named the 2004 Honda Civic one of ten "Top Value Retainers." The list was created to forecast which vehicles will best hold their value over the next five years. According to Charlie Vogelhiem, executive editor of KBB, "Vehicle depreciation is based on manufacturer supply, and sustaining consumer demand, as well as long-term quality, reliability and usefulness." KBB, a trusted vehicle source, reports factual and timely data reflecting the current marketplace for the automotive industry. Their editorial staff based these findings on current vehicle data, market conditions and expectations of the future economy."

can u believed this???
I hope it is true though

and seriously I am glad that they only made our cars for 3 years becuase I am the type of guys that don't wanna to drive the same car as everybody else on the road

siver-SI
05-13-2004, 07:03 PM
I read a post somewere on this board that are KBB value was going up the last few months instead of down like most cars. It was in the 12K range at one point and now it is up into the 14K range. I think are car will be like most Honda's and keeps its value well, it just sucked for the guys that got rid or the EP's so soon because at first are cars sucked in this department.

!@#$%
05-13-2004, 07:13 PM
good things come to those who wait.

RMC22
05-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Yes, the Civics tend to drop and then either climb a bit or remain steady while the rest of the market drops. However, I think they are taking about the normal models, not the manual only hatchback. I predict youll still get what you can now in 2 years. Really with Honda, the only thing that matters for resale is mileage; there's not such a price distinction between Car A and Car B which is two years older.

glw
05-13-2004, 09:01 PM
check it for yourself... http://kbb.com/

my 2002 is worth $15,445 retail...

Tenacious G
05-13-2004, 09:09 PM
are you sure they're not referring to the coupe/sedan?

i checked my EP's value and through dealer trade-in, it's only worth about $11-$12K. dealer retail is about $14K. EM1s are going for more than that.

siver-SI
05-14-2004, 03:22 AM
My 2002 I am showing 15,905 retail and $11,750 trade in.

STP03BlueSI
05-14-2004, 07:01 AM
I dont plan on tradin my Stitch:D

Si3
05-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Thats great for everyone else, but in the next three years im going to have my EP paid off, but it back to stock, keep it as an daily driver and buy a REAL sports car! (not trying to get flammed, but IMHO the EP will never add up to where i want it to be = 400+whp) So i am thinking either a boosted S2K, Audi S4 with APR stage 3 turbo swap (S4 might work out, a good friend (with plenty of $$ fo blow) is planning on keep it his S4 for two more years then buying something new, and he already told me he sell it to me for whatever he can get for trade in) or depending on how well my current job goes (long shot that ill have 100K to spend on a car in three years, but...) my dream car is an R34.

Spidey
05-14-2004, 10:36 AM
my 2 cents.

I find that depreciation hits hard about 2-3 yrs after it's bought and then tends to gradually decrease at a slower rate. I think that our cars have finally reached that point. I don't usually go by blue book values The real price is in the market rate.

Domestics on the other hand just keep tanking in value.

blanblu
05-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Si3
Thats great for everyone else, but in the next three years im going to have my EP paid off, but it back to stock, keep it as an daily driver and buy a REAL sports car! (not trying to get flammed, but IMHO the EP will never add up to where i want it to be = 400+whp...

not flaming but, you want 400+ and you go buy an EP? :rolleyes: :confused:

Brettnyt
05-14-2004, 11:11 AM
My retail value is showin $16,295 :D hell, we got it for less than that... Only problem is the trade in value... right down around 12 grand...

VividDreams
05-14-2004, 10:22 PM
i checked a few days ago and my trade in was around 12,650 i think. i dont know what the retail is, why are you guys looking at that? so you can talk the dealer up?

SIxtasy
05-15-2004, 01:59 AM
I also got that email form Honda about the EP retaining value. I was surprised, but I will also believe it when I see it.

Another thing to remember too, is the current gas prices. Naturally, as the price of gas goes up..... the price of gas sipping cars goes up as well. Vice versa for all the SUV's. Anybody that has wanted a Escalade, should just wait a couple of months and get a great deal on one. Hell, I drove my buddy to Carmax the other day and they were practically begging me to give an estimate for my car. Telling me how the trade in value is rising and shit. Just my .02

VividDreams
05-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by SIxtasy
I also got that email form Honda about the EP retaining value. I was surprised, but I will also believe it when I see it.

i didnt get that, but i think it was referring to either al 7thGens in general, or just the coupe/sedans and not our EP

2pointslowEP3
05-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Si3
Thats great for everyone else, but in the next three years im going to have my EP paid off, but it back to stock, keep it as an daily driver and buy a REAL sports car!

if you wanted a sports car...why the fuck did you buy an ep? why? actually why did you buy a CIVIC? just for thinkin you were buying a "sports" car makes you look really stupid right about now.

SIxtasy
05-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by VividDreams
i didnt get that, but i think it was referring to either al 7thGens in general, or just the coupe/sedans and not our EP

This is EXACTLY what it said in my email::

"Top Dollar
Kelly Blue Book, a trusted resource for vehicle information, named the 2004 Civic Si a top value retainer over the next five years. Yet another characteristic that makes the Civic Si a smart investment. Learn more."

VividDreams
05-16-2004, 08:08 PM
i stand corrected